• Publisher: Rayark Inc.
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 696.4 MB
  • Version: 7.0.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.9 (9)
App description: ------------------------------------------------------

No. 1 IPHONE MUSIC GAME in Japan, Netherlands, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore

No. 1 IPAD MUSIC GAME in Japan, Netherlands, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, China

No. 2 in the US App Store for both IPHONE and IPAD MUSIC GAME categories

A huge thanks to everyone and your amazing support!

------------------------------------------------------
**Welcome to the Musical World of Cytus**

LETS EXPERIENCE MUSIC N ART, BEAT N REBOUND!

Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME iOS music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!

*FEATURES*

- 100+ songs and 200+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world

- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)

- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes

- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes

- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps

- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges

- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more

- Game Center Leaderboards integration: Challenge fingers from all over the world!

- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills

*HOW TO PLAY*

- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!

*STORY*

In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.

They are the last remnant of the human spirit.

However, mankind is not dead.

Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.

But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.

To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.

The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...

Cytus
----------------------------------------------------
Cytus Official Site: www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark Official Site: www.rayark.com
Follow Cytus https://twitter.com/CytusRayark
Like Cytus http://www.facebook.com/rayark.Cytus

November's Chopin's comments:

Quote:
Description:
❖❖Welcome to the Cytus Musical World❖❖

LET’S FEEL MUSIC’N ART, BEAT’N REBOUND!

Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME iOS music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!

❖FEATURES❖

- 15+ songs and 30+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world

- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)

- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes

- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes

- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps

- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges

- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more

- Game Center Leaderboards integration: Challenge fingers from all over the world!

- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills

❖HOW TO PLAY?❖

- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!

❖STORY❖

In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.

They are the last remnant of the human spirit.

However, mankind is not dead.

Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.

But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.

To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.

The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...

Cytus
──────────────────────────────
Cytus official Site:www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark official Site:www.rayark.com
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later

Video and song information by metalcasket:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Previews of all the songs in the game: http://www.rayark.com/g/cytus/pv.html
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
Anyone else not able to start a single song on an iPod Touch 4th gen?
runs completely fine on my ipod 4

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Via the official Facebook page:

Quote:
What we've been working on off late, is the new patch of update of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.2.0) as well as Cytus on Android (for both free & paid version). Hopefully, the aforementioned will be released either by the end of Mar. or the beginning of Apr. As for the changes of features, we will leave that for you guys to find out soon.

03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Oooooh. Nice!

I've really enjoyed this game, so looking forward to improvements and content!

I've got really large complaints about the slide system in this game; too unresponsive at times.

Reviewer at The App Shack
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Cytus-[Updates News]

Hello everyone,

It's been while since the last time we informed you the update of features of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.1.0).

What we've been working on off late, is the new patch of update of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.2.0) as well as Cytus on Android (for both free & paid version). Hopefully, the aforementioned will be released either by the end of Mar. or the beginning of Apr. As for the changes of features, we will leave that for you guys to find out soon.

However though, we do have one important thing that we would like to have you address on; it's in regards of how to promote Cytus better in the States. Whether it should be the types of music, style of artworks, marketing campaigns such as events, concerts & promotions or whatsoever. In short, any kind of the opinions or suggestions from your end is more than welcome!

Thank you all in advance, & we look forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

Cytus Team
03-06-2012, 02:05 AM
i haven't seen sites like Appspy or Slide to play give reviews... dunno if TA has reviewd the game either... THAT works.... Try and get these sites and more sites to review?

FAAD(Free app a Day) would be a good idea too... Make it free for 1 day and you might get a lot more downloads

Selling the soundtrack could also help (specially since i'd like to buy it XD)

More songs also helps a bit.

trying to get a big update so you can get into New and Noteworthy also helps

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
As far as the States go, Cytus simply needs more visibility. The application is already excellent. Enhanced difficulty (if only to make the game more competitive) would be a big plus. As always, the inclusion of more tracks is also a big help. A rhythm game's longevity is determined by three factors: quality of tracks, quantity of tracks, and modular difficulty (with perfection nearly unattainable). Of course, the user and/or reviewer are ultimately the most relevant judges of those criteria. In time, Cytus should have 30+ tracks (or the option for). I'm betting many, many people would be willing to pay $1.00 per new track in the future.

As someone from the States, I find this application has an exotic appeal. The artwork is fluid and dreamlike, and the soundscapes are lush and foreign. Tracks like Ververg and Les Parfums de L'amour pull me in, even though I am unable to understand the lyrical context. It's comfortably and peaceably enigmatic.

Social media promotionals/advertizements may be the best means of marketing your product, especially in the States, but, in the end, the overall excellence of the application will speak for itself with each update and improvement.
04-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Wow!

Good job on the new update Rayark!

I'm happy you guys took my suggestion into consideration for the soundtrack! I'ma download that bad boy later!

I had a play around with the new update, the "click" option where it makes the sound when you hit the moves, for me anyway, is a bit....weird, but it's good option for those who want to practice the timing.

I have another suggestion you could possibly consider, but I think it may require a lot of work to implement the function.

Basically, as of now, the moves go in line with the beats/music (as the music just plays in the background and you're hitting to the music). It'd be cool if you could implement it where if a player misses the move, then the beat/music does not play in the background. It's a similar feature in games like Jubeat, where if the player misses it, then no music/beat gets played (as you've missed that beat). Basically, the player controls the beats/music as well.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you.

I actually don't know if you can make sense from that.

Last edited by chkenwing; 04-13-2012 at 01:44 AM.
04-15-2012, 03:54 AM
A BIG thanks guys for the soundtrack ! Bought Verveg and ext. version of Retrospective , those songs are simply amazing , as your game is.
04-16-2012, 02:46 AM
I've gotten million master for all songs on easy now ('cept for entrance QQ), time to start working on hard!
04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkenwing View Post
It's a similar feature in games like Jubeat, where if the player misses it, then no music/beat gets played (as you've missed that beat). Basically, the player controls the beats/music as well.
Jubeat actually doesn't do that. You could sit there and not hit anything for the entire song and it'd still play. I know what you mean, though, and it's not a bad thought