Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM

the update is 2 years ago. waiting for $0.99 sales
Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Ha... It's a shame you guys are willing to miss out on one of the best RTS experiences on any console/platform because it doesn't have retina graphics.
For sure. It looks just fine on the iPad 3, definitely doesn't need the retina graphics at all. No joke but since I bought it it has been the ONLY game that I have been playing on my iPad. I play at least 2 skirmishes a day and if I don't have work I'll play even more. I have put many many hours into it and have more than gotten my money's worth. I thought StarFront was good... it doesn't hold a candle to LASW.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM

Trying to decide whether to get this or Amoebattle. I read that the game "doesn't need" retina graphics but I'm not sure I want to get it knowing that may never come. On the other hand Amoebattle doesn't have a skirmish mode but it sounds like it's coming soon in an update. Anyone have both that may prefer one or the other? I got $5 bucks burning in my pocket for a new RTS game and those two are the ones I've narrowed down to. (I already have starfront HD).
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

=oP

I've got both...

LASW is one of the few games I've bought both the SD and HD versions of, and has given me countless hours of gameplay. However, Amoebattle did just come out, so of course I haven't sunk as much time into it. But it does have a fantastic campaign, made even better by the achievements, which give it loads of replay value because of how challenging they are. Once skirmish mode hits Amoebattle, it'll easily be in the same rank as LASW. Being Universal, and having iCloud support helps too...

I want to say Amoebattle, but a big part of that is because I don't think it's getting the sales/attention it deserves... But LASW would probably be the better choice. It's an amazing RTS title, and is a skirmish mode. Amoebattle has a chance of not getting skirmish mode because it's not getting a lot of attention...