Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthur1964 View Post
There are probably many who, like me, would not have heard of this game had it not been for touch arcade.
Agreed. I've been following the game since I saw the original post on toucharcade. I too paid for the pre-order based on the gameplay video and can't wait for the release (next week). I will certainly order the iOS version if and when released.

I wish there were more "current" first-person dungeon crawlers out there for the PC and especially for my iPad.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthur1964 View Post
There are probably many who, like me, would not have heard of this game had it not been for touch arcade. I am very grateful to have read the initial article about Legend of Grimrock. Having followed the developer's blog since then, I have been extremely impressed with their responsiveness and dedication to their fans and prospective customers. To imply that this team has subversively announced intentions to develop an iOS and not follow through in order to market a PC only product to a captive iOS market base is ludicrous. In fact, I would be suspicious of such critics, as perhaps being involved in their own personal development of competing product. If so, there is reason to lash out --perhaps out of the fear of going unnoticed next to this quality product. Otherwise, just live and let live.
If quality video games are your hobby, then support this small indie dev team "Almost Human" and purchase this game -- I suspect you won't be sorry. I have already per-ordered my PC and I plan to buy the iOS version WHEN it comes out.
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplr View Post
this discussion is pointless. if you want the game on iPad - support the developer and buy the PC version. that way you can play it early and help him with development. you should also buy dungeons of dredmor and cardinal quest for these same reasons...
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
+1. Definitely a must have on PC and definitely a re-buy when it hits iOS
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
Agreed. I've been following the game since I saw the original post on toucharcade. I too paid for the pre-order based on the gameplay video and can't wait for the release (next week). I will certainly order the iOS version if and when released.

I wish there were more "current" first-person dungeon crawlers out there for the PC and especially for my iPad.
And yes!

I don't think I've ever preordered anything else before, but I too preordered the PC version and look forward to the iOS. I think one needs to have played the original Dungeon Master at the time of its release, to understand what this game means decades later to those of us that have. That is, naturally, assuming it lives up to its promise.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
iPad

Maybe we need a special forum just for games that might or might not be released on iPad.

Oh wait, this is it!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Maybe we need a special forum just for games that might or might not be released on iPad.

Oh wait, this is it!
three cheers for this one
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell Tee View Post
Definitely pick this when it's out, I'm addicting to Kingdom of Amalur, this looks very close to that.
Not quite - go check out Undercroft (free) - this will be more like that with MUCH more polished visuals and realtime gameplay...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Just played for two hours and it is as awesome as expected, even if I can only cast one spell yet and dont have any great weapons.

Level design is pure Dungeon Master, so until now totally obvious.

Running at 2560x1440 on 27" everything maxed out and that is very nice. Would like to play on iPad too, but for now this is great. Stopped carrying torches, as it totally destroys the lighting, which is super atmospheric.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I no longer have a PC since it refused to POST last November '11. I now have a MacBook Pro alongside my iPad2, so am now fully on-board with the Jobsian cult.

I think it's a bit silly to say that we ought to support the developer by buying a title on multiple platforms. Developers will develop where the $ is i.e. show me the money! Whilst developing as a labour of love is all well and good, ROI (return on investment) is the real yardstick, if you have bills to pay.

If the developers feel that iOS (or at least, iPad - not sure about the game specs, to judge whether it could be playable on an iPhone) provides a suitable ROI, then they will develop for iOS.

So add my vote to keep this thread open, if it helps to galvanize hype to support development on iOS.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
I no longer have a PC since it refused to POST last November '11. I now have a MacBook Pro alongside my iPad2, so am now fully on-board with the Jobsian cult.

I think it's a bit silly to say that we ought to support the developer by buying a title on multiple platforms. Developers will develop where the $ is i.e. show me the money! Whilst developing as a labour of love is all well and good, ROI (return on investment) is the real yardstick, if you have bills to pay.

If the developers feel that iOS (or at least, iPad - not sure about the game specs, to judge whether it could be playable on an iPhone) provides a suitable ROI, then they will develop for iOS.

So add my vote to keep this thread open, if it helps to galvanize hype to support development on iOS.
How quickly we forget that any mac these days can easily run XP/Win7 via Bootcamp. Also Parallels 7 / win7 also runs it perfectly. Mac's today are PC's as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormauser View Post
How quickly we forget that any mac these days can easily run XP/Win7 via Bootcamp. Also Parallels 7 / win7 also runs it perfectly. Mac's today are PC's as well.
Sure, but you have to spring for the copy of Windows. Also, Boot Camp never seems to trigger the fan on a Mac properly, and so Macs run pretttty HOT when booted into Windows through Boot Camp.

Parallels? Well that's another whole ball of "yeesh".
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This game is amazing in PC, if they port it well into iPad IŽll buy it for iOS too!! is that good!
Reminds me of the old Stone Keep, the BEST of this genre by far.
A little drawback: I expected some voices in this game to make it even more immersive, but that is not really a flaw, only a sign of a very "indie" studio