★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: James Irlam
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 69.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Wimp or Blimp? Which are you in Bench Off?

Challenging but addictive, Bench Off gives you a chance to become the strongest weight lifter of the virtual world. Take your character to the heights of glory from the low slumps of a wimpy bench presser!

Start your journey to becoming a muscular superstar, male or female, in your bedroom with a weight bench and makeshift barbell setup. Train until you are ready to take on Charlie, the kid next door. Gain access to 11 professional gyms, compete against tougher opponents and acquire the training you need to defeat the Bench King!

Features:

Beat your opponents, gain some self-esteem, and get rewarded with a cash prize
Use the money to purchase steroids, protein bars, etc. to speed up your training
Be warned! Some supplements can get you caught out and disqualified
Keep track of your progress with the convenient character profile

So, do you have what it takes to persevere when others will give up and fail? Then take up your weights and start to pump some serious iron!

Taifun's comments:

04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I like the premise of this. Don't think I remember a game like this before. But, if it simply requires constant button-mashing like some of the events in The Worlds's Strongest Man game, I'm not interested. That kind of game play doesn't do anything for me.
04-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Some free codes for the game can be found here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...99#post2209199
04-10-2012, 11:28 PM
This game is pretty good. I haven't seen a game like this before, so I took the plunge. It's not a button-masher (like I was expecting), which I'm happy about. It is however challenging. Lining things up...strategic puzzle-type challenges...

Anyone else have a review or comments about this game??
04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
lol. looks like a lot of fun!