Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 AM
iPad mini

This one is bizarre even for Minter. I love it though All the Llamasoft iOS releases can be described as trippy but this one seriously had me wondering if someone had slipped something in my drink. I love the new direction with the graphic style. While this is a shooter, it's not the same sort of fast arcade action as previous titles, everything about this game is dreamlike, and the further you get the more you start to wonder if it's a nightmare (I mean that in a good way, you just sort of have to play to understand). My first complaint was that the game was taking way to long. I played once and it just didn't seem like I was going to die so I quit and posted this. However, I was at about 380k so maybe the difficulty curve was about to really kick in. Anyway, back to experience it again
Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I like it mostly, but not really the new age sounds and, especially, the new age uber slow in between levels bit as it counts up the fruit. I would sooooo love to be able to tap to skip that, but I think it's safe to say that Minter thinks it fits the new age mood, which it does, but I don't like it.

The game goes on too long, IMHO, but maybe there's a way to bump up the difficulty. Hopefully so, as other than the long delay between levels and the slow progression, I like it.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Is everyone's GC leaderboards broken? I don't have any leaderboards or achievements listed. Other than that, I'm loving this game. Finally ordered an iCade and can't wait to play every Llamasoft game with it
You're not alone. Nothing a patch can't fix...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

An interesting down-turn from Minter's more hectic titles, and probably the best "Zen Shooter" since Astral.

So far I'm enjoying it, but the inter-level pauses do seem to go on a tad long, and are devoid of zone-worthy stuff like the mothersheep chanting thank you thank you thank you... BAAAAAAAAA!

Can't wait to try it with the iCade - maybe tonight.

EDIT: Crap, now I can't remember the name of that old SEGA game with the birds...

Last edited by drelbs; 04-10-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 04:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

nvm.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Played this some more last night and I just am not able to get into it. The long, slow delay between levels is way too irritating, the game play isn't that satisfying and visually it's a bore. This one's a dud for me, but I've still got Gridrunner and Minotaur Rescue, my two favorites of the Minter iOS games.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Vote for your GOTW !!!

FIVEADAY
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
11/04/2012

Do you like this lovely combination of chill, thrill and healthy eating?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -