Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
It's rare to have the devs this active in a thread. Which is really great because it feels like the game is being made and adjusted around what Players want etc...

I also like idea of a clear 2 checkpoint race with no trinkets.. I guess just snowflakes and rocks?

If I could give some input it would be for I guess the UI..I feel like there's not an accurate enough way to see the snowflakes and combos etc and how it effects ur speed. I know it shows ur current speed i wish u could see easier how many snowflakes uve hit or coins I guess. Another idea was for maybe separate buttons for boosts or other things instead of auto.

Thanks
You know, we experimented with a LOT of different manual afterburner options, from a shake, to a button, etc... ultimately the game is just too intense to make it possible to remove your hand from the joystick or stop paying attention to collecting flakes to manually activate a boost. Ideally I agree, it would be awesome, but we couldn't find a way to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
Also what I think should be added for each cup is a new group. A group for the top 10 best racers from the previous day. I don't know what you would call this group, maybe "Victor's Medal" or "Victor's Cup" something like that. It will be the same layout as the other group being as in, the top 3 players will get a Cup, but each should be a different color, for 3rd they could get a bronze version of the cup, 2nd could get a silver, and 1st would get a gold version of the cup.

I really like this idea because...honestly its kinda hard to tell if the platinum or "leader's cup" is more impressive. Because (at least for right now since I guess the game is still pretty new) the top 20 or 30 players (I have no clue, just an estimate) all get put into a platinum group, and so only a total of 6 or 9 of them can get the cup while 25 players can get the "leader's cup". So I guess the Platinum cup is more impressive statistically (for now, when their are more players playing it won't be as impressive). But having only one group of the top 10 best players from the previous day would be cool and players who got those trophies could have a unique trophy that only the best players can get.

OR another cool idea would be that you could have the top 25 best players be entered into a "Victor's Tournament" that would be separate from the day to day tournaments, though the top 25 players should still be able to participate in them, BUT they should also be in this "Victor's Tournament" that could last 2 or 3 days (or however long you wanted) and the top 3 players after those few days would get a trophy similarly to what I stated on the first paragraph.

Though I'm guessing this would probably take a little while to implement, so I'd prefer you work on a new course for us to race on mainly, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there.

****Also, for you adding a new cup that doesn't allow trinkets or power-ups, what you could simply do is make these four courses that you have right now, make like a tab or something for each cup and we could switch back between the tabs for a race that allows trinkets and power-ups and one that doesn't. and this would give you four courses right away that would be like a "Skill cup" what you could simply do is call them "Skill Mountain Cup" and "Skill Forest Cup" and so on. Having any questions, simply ask away. =]

Also this is besides the point, but I would really like a way to change the weather without having to play the entire level.
Heh, yeah we've already noticed Cup Leaders aren't working out as intended. We may tweak that out somehow, as it is indeed completely strange to sometimes have a cup leaders trophy be easier to get then a platinum.

As for the weather, hehe... we specifically made it so you had to play through to keep it fair, and to keep players from gaming the system. Otherwise you could just get cloud plow for ex, ignore all the other weather trinkets, and just keep restarting until you got clouds in every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
To be able to have an attempt at earning the Platinum Cup, you need to be one of the best players. I don't know how exactly they base it, but if you can manage to get into one of the top 25 slots in the "Leader's Cup" you should be put into a Platinum league the next day. Then that next day, you need to be one of top 3 players in your group to earn it.
The Leagues are purely based on time brackets. The better time you score, the higher your bracket. For ex Mountain and Forest cups are broken up like this:

Bronze: 1 minute and up
Silver: 40-59 seconds
Gold: 30-39 seconds
Platinum: under 30 second

Add 15 seconds for city cup, and another 15 seconds for night cup brackets.

P.S. I cannot WAIT to get this 1v1 battle mode out!! Much more skill based (has its own set of battle items... no engine upgrades or trinkets). friend challenges, random matches (both similar to words with friends setup), and also a comprehensive ladder system similar to what you see in StarCraft and other competitive games. This will be the PERFECT time filler for those who have already logged their tournament times for the day

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 04-12-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

What's the replayability of this?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ninja View Post
What's the replayability of this?

The question is irrelevant. It's a daily challenge racer with 4 different "tracks" and a bunch of upgrades and unlocks for your racer. Since there's no campaign, no story, and everything is tied permanently to your GC account, it's as replayable as any game that's pretty much the same thing the 2nd time as it was the 1st as it will be the 1000th.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post

The question is irrelevant. It's a daily challenge racer with 4 different "tracks" and a bunch of upgrades and unlocks for your racer. Since there's no campaign, no story, and everything is tied permanently to your GC account, it's as replayable as any game that's pretty much the same thing the 2nd time as it was the 1st as it will be the 1000th.
Awesome I'll check it out, thanks for the quick reply
Old 04-19-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Nemesis??

could anyone explain the whole nemesis thing to me, please?? where can I find what/who my nemesis is and what time I have to beat??? I have to beat my nemesis once in every cup - but I can't seem to find what my nemesis actually is??? thanx
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

@talibunny

Your nemesis is the person whose name is tinted red. Though you have to wait awhile for the game to pick your nemesis, wait till your group has 4 or so people in it and play a few games and then you should have a nemesis. Also try looking at the bottom of your group, maybe your nemesis hasn't played any races yet.

Also you can just click the "?" button that is on the screen when you are looking at the Leader's Cup or whatever your group cup is. Scroll through that and it tells you what everything is/does.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

thanx, Asasnator
I've checked the help behind the "?" button before, but somehow the explanation for the Nemesis didn't answer my question.
Now I know . . .
thanx again!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM

I really think that you should be guaranteed at least 1 cog for earning a star. It's so frustrating trying to get cogs, and getting the stars can be quite tricky anyways.
I've got over 100 nuts, 60 screws and no cogs. It's really annoying that I have no guaranteed way to earn myself a cog.

Anyways, I still love the game. What's everyones favourite trinket?
Mines gotta be Steering Wheel, love the better handling and speed perks.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talibunny View Post
thanx, Asasnator
I've checked the help behind the "?" button before, but somehow the explanation for the Nemesis didn't answer my question.
Now I know . . .
thanx again!
Yeah the nemesis is just a way for players to potentially win something even if they don't win a trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
I really think that you should be guaranteed at least 1 cog for earning a star. It's so frustrating trying to get cogs, and getting the stars can be quite tricky anyways.
I've got over 100 nuts, 60 screws and no cogs. It's really annoying that I have no guaranteed way to earn myself a cog.

Anyways, I still love the game. What's everyones favourite trinket?
Mines gotta be Steering Wheel, love the better handling and speed perks.
Yeah we've heard of a few instances where people just seem to be getting bad luck with their parts... We may implement some "emergency" logic that forces you to get at least 1 of each part every x games...

PS we've had to pull the update twice now bc we found some bugs, hence the delay. It shouldnt be long now. In case you missed it this update will include new characters (with unique stats -- one character has 10 levels of acceleration, but only 1 speed for ex), cheaper starting gold costs for everything, and a bunch more little stuff
Old 04-21-2012, 01:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Found a floating point number bug with my rank, think I'm going to be stuck at Contender for a VERY long time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0480.jpg (107.3 KB, 9 views)