App description: Ver 1.2 is now live!! Open Feint allows you to compete against Word Crafters around the world on both iOS and Android devices!!

If you love word games and trivia, then you will love Word Craft: Dictionary Edition! And it's just the first of many Word Craft editions to come (History Edition, Geography Edition, Bible Edition, Sports Edition, Music Edition, and of course more dictionary editions), all of which are guaranteed to test your word skills while helping to build your vocabulary and knowledge.

Play alone or with a group of friends and family. In Word Craft DE, every word comes with a complete dictionary edition, including the etymology for most words. Thus, Word Craft DE will teach you things you didn't know about both common and unusual words.

Each word is broken up into word blocks. For example, "Altogether" could be broken up into the word blocks "AL", "TOG", "ETH", "ER." These correct word blocks are mixed together with other incorrect word blocks. Your job is to pick the right word pieces in the correct order to spell the word defined. If you like word games like Scrabble, Word with Friends, and Word Mix, then you'll love Word Craft DE!

dclose's comments:

I discovered this recently, I love word games, and this one is nicely different! The instructions are a bit wordy (ha ha), but it's simple enough that jumping right in and playing is no handicap. It's easy to figure out what's going on. You select a starting letter, then a word length that you'd like to practice (say, words beginning with L that contain 8 letters), and this game then presents you with various dictionary definitions and you have to guess the actual word. Fortunately you don't have to do this blind, but you're given several rows of 2 and 3 letter combinations that make up the finished word. It's your job to put them in order and figure out what word is represented by the definition(s). What fun!

The only thing I'd like to see added in the future is a hint system. Some of the words really stumped me! I would've been nice to get, say, a hint about the first two letters, or even a "contains" letter combination. The developer says this is coming in the next update, so I can't wait!

The developer is very active on Facebook, and has said the following improvements are coming in an update that will be out very soon:

Quote:
ver 1.1 is under review by Apple, and will include the following:

1. Added a "next" button to jump from the current word to the next unsolved word.
2. Added a "hint" button to give hints to help you solve difficult words.
3. Added finger scrolling to the definition area so you can scroll all the definitions easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Thank you for addressing the issue, will wait patiently.
Thanks for your patience!
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Interesting game... Definitely one of the more challenging games I've played recently.

03-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialButterfly99 View Post
Interesting game... Definitely one of the more challenging games I've played recently.
@SocialButterfly99: Glad you like the challenge. We are working on an update that will include hints, scoring, leaderboards, and more words. Look for the update soon!
03-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Version 1.1 now live

[ removed - double post ]

Last edited by JANES Works Company; 03-29-2012 at 12:10 AM.
03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Version 1.1 went live today. The hint button should now be live on the app store. We are finishing the next update right now, which will include support for the new iPad, scoring integrated with the hints, leaderboards, etc.

Last edited by JANES Works Company; 03-29-2012 at 12:07 AM.
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
UPDATE: We have implemented the scoring system and added iPad 3 support. We are finishing up the achievements, leaderboards, etc. All of this will go in version 1.2. Should be ready to go very soon!
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM
UPDATE #2: We just submitted ver 1.2 to the App Store. The update includes Open Feint leaderboards and achievements. With Open Feint, a scoring system was added and now the hints are tied into the scoring. There are bonuses, Feint Points, and of course, we fixed it to work on the latest iPad (3rd gen). We requested expedited review since (like many apps) it didn't work properly on the new iPad. If expedited, should be live in 2-3 days, otherwise probably around a week.
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM
We submitted ver 1.2 to the App Store today. We requested an expedited review since, like many apps, it didn't work properly on the new iPad (3rd gen). Here is what's new:

1. Added Open Feint Leaderboards & Achievements.
2. We made Open Feint cross-platform so you can compete against players from around the world on both iOS and Android devices.
3. Added a scoring system integrated with Open Feint.
4. Added bonuses for certain words and no-hint streaks (solving words without hints). Both of these are integrated with OF Achievements for Feint Points.