Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
I did. It doesn't address my problem with the controls. You still CAN'T aim and shoot at the same time, and tap to shoot is even somewhat worse, because I have to tap for each shot, I can't hold.

Look, I'm not saying the controls are broken. I'm not saying the game is not playable. All I'm saying is, the ability to do what I showed in the video would make the game much more enjoyable. To hold the fire button and keep shooting while I move the reticule towards the enemy is a great level of control that Max Payne should have. It's a shame you guys can't see that right now, but I'm sure if they ever release the update addressing this I bet a lot of people here would give reviews praising the new improved controls. Just like people who saw no problem with Mass Effect Infiltrator's original controls, but now are going gaga over the new update.
Aiming while shooting is a must for FPS and for cover-based shooters. The thing about Max Payne on the PC is that you often end up moving rather than aiming; on hardcore difficulty you simply don't have time to place your shots and instead just weave your way (in bullet time or otherwise) through the pack of enemies, firing from the hip, as it were. That experience is not that different from the current set up on iOS. I don't think aiming-while-shooting would add much to the gameplay.

As you said, we can agree to disagree. But I would say that any action game fan who is waiting till the controls are "fixed" is doing him or herself a disservice.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLover View Post
Fixed it for you since the other half of the population is a part of this forum too

Reading the positives about the controls makes me feel better. It was fun back in the day, and I can't wait to experience it on my new iPad!
My apologies mi lady I have a bad habit with that....but I must say that Iam happy to be graced with the presence of a girl/woman gamer on the forum....on my forum they are hard to come by lol! hats off to the female Max Payne lovers

Quote:
I did. It doesn't address my problem with the controls. You still CAN'T aim and shoot at the same time, and tap to shoot is even somewhat worse, because I have to tap for each shot, I can't hold.

Look, I'm not saying the controls are broken. I'm not saying the game is not playable. All I'm saying is, the ability to do what I showed in the video would make the game much more enjoyable. To hold the fire button and keep shooting while I move the reticule towards the enemy is a great level of control that Max Payne should have. It's a shame you guys can't see that right now, but I'm sure if they ever release the update addressing this I bet a lot of people here would give reviews praising the new improved controls. Just like people who saw no problem with Mass Effect Infiltrator's original controls, but now are going gaga over the new update.

alright chico....but let me ask....what do you expect? this is iOS....and what do you suggest they do as developers...please explain your solution since you took the time to make a Youtube video about it....Iam a gamer of all platforms and spend avid time on each system....and all i can say is...I have a iphone...for iphone games...a 3ds to play great 3d games....a psp and vita to rock out to sony games.....and thats how it goes...
If you went to sooo much extent to upload a video kinda insinuating that they did a wack job on Max Payne mobile's controls to the world...then plz revel the solution....or go play a diff platform man....all Im sayin is if rapid fire while jumping or during Bullet-time is really breaking your stones why not say "O well" and go play Unit 13 on the vita....

and yes i find it AMAZING and Enjoyable that I have freakin Max Payne on my phone and ipad...and have no issue or challenge using tap to shoot...and can do without rapid fire while jumping BS.....NICE JOB ROCKSTAR! First GTA3 and now this! ...Im not worthy

Last edited by Trev1; 04-12-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
alright chico....but let me ask....what do you expect? this is iOS....and what do you suggest they do as developers...please explain your solution since you took the time to make a Youtube video about it...
I expect the same level of control other iOS shooters - like the Max Payne clone, 9mm - offer me. Nothing more.

I did explained the easy solution on the polite email I sent the developers and reproduced here, albeit it's a pretty obvious solution if you watch the whole video.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wediafom24 View Post
Well said!!
So, correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a Max Payne movie with Mark walberg? If so, should I expect a supernatural filled plot with vampires and all that?
Yes there was, but it sucked and wasn't cannon
Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is it just me or the viewing sensitivity keeps on resetting when I exit?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I wonder if you could mod this game like GTA3? If so can someone see if they can re-enable the bullet casings
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

If you can mod this game I demand Kung fu mod!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Aiming while shooting is a must for FPS and for cover-based shooters. The thing about Max Payne on the PC is that you often end up moving rather than aiming; on hardcore difficulty you simply don't have time to place your shots and instead just weave your way (in bullet time or otherwise) through the pack of enemies, firing from the hip, as it were. That experience is not that different from the current set up on iOS. I don't think aiming-while-shooting would add much to the gameplay.

As you said, we can agree to disagree. But I would say that any action game fan who is waiting till the controls are "fixed" is doing him or herself a disservice.
i 2nd the mate there, aiming and shooting is a must for TPS too, and in the PC you could do both, i dont understand why you cant just drag the aim when you press the fire button, it would add A LOT to the gameplay, cause the way it is it feels clunky and unnatural.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Look, I'm not saying the controls are broken. I'm not saying the game is not playable.
It seems to me like you are, since you're recommending to others not to buy the game yet until the controls are "fixed". IMO your letter came across as a little rude though, it seemed to me that you were trying to tell them how to do their job.

But in saying that, shooting and aiming at the same time would actually be a good improvement in the controls. For instance, shoot dodging and then moving the reticule whilst shooting would be improved due to it, because at the moment you have to shootdodge, aim, shoot, aim and shoot again, which can be a bit difficult considering you're not in the air for long.

I still think the game can be enjoyed in it's current state, but that would make it more enjoyable and easier to play.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I played the game last night,and it's pretty sad R* decided to use Social Club instead of Game Center,it would perfectly fit in (Leaderboards and Achievements too).