Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Shame. I'll buy puzzle packs etc once I can purchase an IAP to remove ads but until then I'll wait...
I get you. Just don't want to see ads after paying. And anyway, the free pack #2 is already giving me a workout. And the first starter pack (usually 0.99c) is free for a limited time. Plenty of puzzles all around for FREE.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Banned

it is amazing!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I'm totally a fan. This is one of my favorite puzzles.
Same here.

Quote:
BTW it's
Sadly, this one commits the cardinal sin of iOS games (for me) by not using the separate volume channel as other apps do. Every sound it makes is on the same volume as the ringer
Shouldn't it be like this? It respects the iPhone's volume controls and the mute button (ringer/silent switch). I don't understand what you mean. You want a separate sound mixer within the app?

Quote:
and there is no mute button.
You can switch off the effect sound in the app's settings. You can listen to iTunes archive or radio apps with or without game's effect sound while playing SlitherLink.

Quote:
I played around with the small puzzles, and they were as good as I expected, but I deleted it for the oversight with volume.
I have no complaints with the sound and literally can't stop playing this little beast. A very rare thing: Recommended despite those ads.

BTW if you feel distracted by the ads—they are always UNDER and never IN the playfield (tested on iPad 3 and iPhone 4): You can activate airplane mode, launch a puzzle, deactivate airplane mode, go back to puzzle: No ads until you start a new puzzle (or relaunch from multitasking). I know this weak trick is just better than nothing but maybe useful if you dig into a puzzle for a longer time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitherlink

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-12-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
Nope. Unfortunately. But at least what they obstruct are white space so it all good.
Bummer. Never met a developer that didn't want my dollar...until now. Too bad, because it's certainly the best SlitherLink on iDevice, if only for Universal support. People that don't mind ads should be all over this.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Shouldn't it be like this? It respects the iPhone's volume controls and the mute button (ringer/silent switch). I don't understand what you mean. You want a separate sound mixer within the app?
It shouldn't be like that, no other app I have on my iPhone is like that.

There are (at least) two volume levels on my iPhone (without headphones) - one for the ringer, and one for sounds within apps. When you adjust the volume using the volume buttons when not in an app, the ringer volume is adjusted. When you use the volume buttons while within an app, the app volume is adjusted. So you can have a loud ringer and quiet app for example.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Oh finally, finally!!!!

I've been waiting for a decent one too!