Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 AM
iPhone 4S

Update is out!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post
Why the locked position dpad? Its soooo close to the edge that I'd say about 30% of my movements register as wind swipes instead. If half the screen responded as a dpad and half the screen responded to the wind swipes this thing would be killer.
Just picked the game up and I've got to agree with you on this issue. On the iPad, the d-pad is nowhere near the natural position of your thumb when holding the device. At the very least the position should be configurable. But it would be even better if the game responded to your movement anywhere on a 1/3 strip along the side of the screen.

It's a beautiful game but at the moment it is spoiled with awkward controls.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
Just picked the game up and I've got to agree with you on this issue. On the iPad, the d-pad is nowhere near the natural position of your thumb when holding the device. At the very least the position should be configurable. But it would be even better if the game responded to your movement anywhere on a 1/3 strip along the side of the screen.

It's a beautiful game but at the moment it is spoiled with awkward controls.
OK, my quick thoughts (because I am right in the middle of this game) and a question...

-First off, I think the D-Pad is a great addition to this game and doesn't spoil a thing (and a D-Pad in general, when done correctly, is always an extremely accurate method for controls). I find that using the D-Pad with my left finger while swiping with my right works ideally and I prefer this over touching every time I wanted to go somewhere (although I find myself flying around more than anything to get where I want to go, especially once I received the cape). Two suggestions for the D-Pad: 1) I agree that a floating D-Pad (as an option) would be as good of an addition as the D-Pad itself. I downloaded the update and I guess the D-Pad performs better than before the update, but a floating D-Pad, or something along those lines, would be best. 2) This may sound odd, but a D-Pad on BOTH sides of the screen would be a nice option too. I tried switching the D-Pad to the right side for a bit and this is nice when you want to turn around and go the opposite direction while using your left finger to swipe and the right finger on the D-Pad.

-One issue with the swiping is I often end up pulling down the message center bar from the top of the screen by accident I'm sure there is no way around this and it is rather comical, but also annoying.

-The slowdown of the game in general is somewhat of an issue for me. A great example of this is when you pinch/rotate the green flying 'birdlike' enemies. The game really slows down.

-For anyone starting out on this game, give it time. I took a frustrating amount of time to adjust to the feel of the game, including not only the controls, but the pacing, and just figuring out what to do. Once you find the first chest, the game opens up. This is a peaceful and serene game that will ultimately keep you hooked with puzzles and exploration.

And my question is below for anyone who has gotten through the game somewhat. Let me preface this question by saying that I feel like I am 'cheating' the game at certain points due to my years of 2-D Metroid playing (and might I add, this game is heavily Metroid influenced ).

I have been using the ball with the 'holes' in it (the one that makes sound when you spin it) to float to higher platforms (before I got the cape). I noticed that when I float this 'ball' along with myself simultaneously, I am able to get more out of my float and am able to reach higher platforms.

My question is, are we supposed to be using this ball to do this? Specifically, I did this in the caves right before I found the first chest because I got stuck and this seemed to be the only way to reach a tall cliff, but I feel like I missed the 'real' way to reach the cliff.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 2.x

Este juego es bueno voy a compartir con mi amigo . . Saludos .
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Got this during the sale and finally got around to playing this one. Just finished it, short but a beautiful game! Any official word about the sequel being ported to iOS ? I'd buy it day one
Old 04-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

EDIT: Nvm
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 PM

Default new YouTube video

http://youtu.be/PgXGbUGWVDM

Hi All,
we just posted a new youtube video showing realtime radiosity, dynamic lights, refractive & reflective ice on iOS (watch on HD for best effect... ;-)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks great! Is that from a possible LostWinds 2 port ?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Looks great! Is that from a possible LostWinds 2 port ?
No, not at all. *directs you to the Upcoming section, and a particular new thread Sanuku created*
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
No, not at all. *directs you to the Upcoming section, and a particular new thread Sanuku created*
Sweet! Thanks