Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Submitted the 1.1 update last night.

Fixes for iPads of all favors.
Fixed some Sounds that didn't play.
Added more coins to the game.
More instructions on how to play the game.
Fixed Drop Ship animations.

More to come in 1.2

More Guns
More Coins
More Powerups
More Awesome!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
Submitted the 1.1 update last night.

Fixes for iPads of all favors.
Fixed some Sounds that didn't play.
Added more coins to the game.
More instructions on how to play the game.
Fixed Drop Ship animations.

More to come in 1.2

More Guns
More Coins
More Powerups
More Awesome!
This game is now a favorite of mine. The only thing that's hindering progress is the amount of coins without IAP. Where im currently at, using a shotgun, doesnt get me too far. The Third type of enemy aircraft just takes too long to destroy and it's kinda difficult maneuvering to get coins while avoiding the aliens(?) that the ship pumps out as some of them dont die in one shot anymore.

I think i'll stick to rapid shot weapons from now on because of how the auto-fire works with the different timings and all.

Great game! Definitely lots of potential. I've got some suggestions you might want to consider.

I suggest improving the jump animation of the main character. And maybe a shake on his arms and weapon each time he shoots... like a recoil. Im sure Contra fans would recognize that

Also, the hitbox on the enemy ships can be adjusted so that your bullets have to actually hit the ship rather than just stop in midair.

Adding bullet hit animations (on ships) should improve game impact.

Maybe it's just me, but i think the jump speed needs to be increased a bit.

I was also thinking about making the character move forward faster OR making him accelerate until he reaches a maximum speed (doesnt have to be too fast so as to preserve the Contra feel).

The update sounds promising, and I hope you can consider some or all of these suggestions to improve your game.

Thanks for a great experience! This game will definitely be on my iphone permanently (until you make a sequel! Haha!).

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-07-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

What a very nice and free pixel-runner-gunner we have here !

Gorgeous background, responsive controls and a hammer soundtrack that kept me playing and grinding (a lot) for better weapons. Unfortunately the better ones (shotgun/sonic-wave) are worse then the burst-shot (cheapest).
I mean, you need two or three shots to burst enemies and ship, but ten hits or more with the better and expensive ones (sonic-wave) ?! Makes no sense to me.

I'm ready to support the Dev as soon i read that there will be an option to invert the controls (jump left side/shoot direction right side).

Maybe i support right now to motivate the Dev to keep the updates coming.

Side note: The IAP's seems very odd. Going from one to four dollars seems very steep to most ios-gamers. Specially when you get a such a "crappy" weapon, what of course is just my personal opinion.

I see a good potential in this game to improve further and i wish the Dev good luck to do so.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I agree with the weapons being imbalanced as of right now. I have bought the weapons until the sonic wave and they are worse than the first weapon bought, moreso with the Sonic Wave.

It's what made me say this in my previous post...

Quote:
I think i'll stick to rapid shot weapons from now on because of how the auto-fire works with the different timings and all.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great feedback.

While 1.1 is in review with Apple, I've been working on 1.2.

First I'm looking at all the weapons that didn't live up to their potential.

The Shotgun is being made more awesome. It does a bit more damage, fires faster and the shots spread apart more.

There's also a Super Shotgun, that amps everything up.

Added in a Plasma Pistol (working title) that I'm extremely happy with. It'll be priced between the Semi-Auto (starting gun) and the Burst Shot.

It also has an experimental version that fires rapidly all over the place.

The Sonic Disruptor is getting completely torn down and rebuilt into something good. The design of the gun was more interesting than the implementation.

As for the grind, we are introduce a ton of new coin drops when killing bad guys, and killing drop ships.

Also working on making the hitboxes more fun.

1.2 will have some more features as they are finished that I will share here. We are working on more upgrades for your character to increase his health, jumping, etc...

I'm going to play around with the starting speed and how the game ramps up speed, but I don't want to go too nuts with it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
Great feedback.

While 1.1 is in review with Apple, I've been working on 1.2.

First I'm looking at all the weapons that didn't live up to their potential.

The Shotgun is being made more awesome. It does a bit more damage, fires faster and the shots spread apart more.

There's also a Super Shotgun, that amps everything up.

Added in a Plasma Pistol (working title) that I'm extremely happy with. It'll be priced between the Semi-Auto (starting gun) and the Burst Shot.

It also has an experimental version that fires rapidly all over the place.

The Sonic Disruptor is getting completely torn down and rebuilt into something good. The design of the gun was more interesting than the implementation.

As for the grind, we are introduce a ton of new coin drops when killing bad guys, and killing drop ships.

Also working on making the hitboxes more fun.

1.2 will have some more features as they are finished that I will share here. We are working on more upgrades for your character to increase his health, jumping, etc...

I'm going to play around with the starting speed and how the game ramps up speed, but I don't want to go too nuts with it.
Awesome, awesome!

I love to these updates as they should improve the game a whole lot.

I agree withthe movement speed. Dont go too fast or it will lose the Contra feel which i think is one of the best things this game has achieved.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoToothpaste View Post
Cool, I like contra-style games. Will it be as hard though?
This leans more toward being a shooter runner game, than a shooter platformer like contra was. It's still pretty good though as it solves the inconsistencies of virtual keypads on a touchscreen.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The 1.1 update is out. As I said earlier this is mostly for iPad owners.

But there's some better tutorial elements (kept them simple and not slowing the game down at all). And some better animations.

The next 1.2 update (which is being worked on and will be submitted soon) is going to have a lot more meat for everyone.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Loving the new update! More coins is fun, and the new sliding aim is perfect!
I ran into a couple of issues though :

The new foreground ship appearance is really a distraction, there were several instances where it obstructed the view and I missed a platform because I couldn't see the payer. Being able to see the payer at all times is crucial IMO, blind jumping is breaking the immersion. Perhaps have the enemy ship appearance layer set back behind the platform layer? It's cool to see them fly by,but better have them set in the back

I still run into the bug where the enemies/coins don't spawn at all. It's random this time and only happened twice sofar. This bug really messed up the leaderboards btw, a lot of players took advantage of it as it was easy to get the glitch on the old version.

Really looking forward to the next update!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

To do an update on what we are working on.

1. Drop Ships fly by the screen much faster, and lower to the ground.
2. Changed the Tutorial Signs at the start to be bigger, easier to read, still don't get in the player's way.
3. Added some features to the store to see what gun you have selected, which ones you own and such.
4. Working on more scenery objects, more interesting stuff to see.
5. Working on more coin patterns, adding more coin frequency.
6. Working on making the enemies and drop ships drop Coins when you kill them.
7. Added more weapons.
8. Fixed the Shotgun, added a Super Shotgun. Fixing the Sonic Disruptor, added a Plasma Rifle, and an Experimental one. Finishing up a new charge up gun that fires a really powerful shot before it has to charge up again.
9. Working up designs and systems to add temporary boosts to the player.
10. Building out Store upgrades you can buy for powers and health upgrades.
11. Experimenting with Boss Battles.

We plan to submit a 1.2 next week, that will contain many of those items, but probably not all of them.