Reviewed as "LethalApple" in the US Store! Such a great app!
There are lots of different Yoga apps currently in the App Store for iDevices! Apps claim to help you, provide information for beginners and help you to track your exercises. There are so many in fact, that it's actually becoming confusing. However, you don't need to look much further as this is actually the best app available so far, and with a few improvements this could truly become the ultimate yoga app.
First, this app actually does a lot of things right. It's got most of the features that I need in a yoga app, especially when it comes to things such as content. In terms of content, it's overwhelming. You've got enough poses to cover a lifetime, and with photos, videos, audio and models for every single of one of them, it's amazing. You certainly can't fault the app for this, as it's probably got every single pose in the world, including ones for beginners and more advanced people, meaning that you only have to buy this app once. Then, when it come to using these, it's also got the ability, as you can create programs, use a timer and have multiple accounts so that multiple users can use the same iPad without having to conflict over data. This is a feature that I really like, and I wish that other apps would use this feature, it would make everything so much better and more like a 'post-pc' device.
In the future, there are a few things that I would love to see, as I feel that this could truly catapult this to become the ultimate iPad app. While some of these are quite big, they would really improve the user experience, and as a user of this app, would make my life easier!
- Locator: I'd love the app to have the ability to search for and find different yoga instructors. Maybe it could use GPS to find things near me, but also have the ability to search by location if you're going on vacation and would like to have one when you are there. They could include a bit of information, website, contact details, prices and maybe their tuition level. Yoga is great with an instructor or with a class, so having something like this in the app would be the next level!
- iCloud: Since this app has both an iPad and iPhone version, I'd love to see iCloud sync between the two. This is so easy to use for me, as it's automatic and I can just use my Apple details rather than having to use the developers service. iCloud is great and this would definitely make the app much easier to use, especially if you could sync programs, calendar and other things like that.
- Retina: With the new iPad's incredible screen, apps that haven't been updated look quite bad. If they are updated, they look amazing and this would be a great app for that as it's got lots of different photos and videos that could benefit from the change! This is probably one of my most wished for features! If anything, please bring out an icon update first, as it at least looks good on my home screen!
- 'Share': I'd love to be able to send my created programs or chosen poses by email to my personal instructor, so maybe they could give advice. That would be much easier than trying to describe everything or take my iPad with me!
- Personal Training: I see the Personal Training option in the app, and although it's quite expensive I have to say that it looks interesting as it gives you the ability to have a personal plan which could really help you to get to your goal. However, I'm not really willing to pay for this without knowing exactly what it is, or who will create it, so I'd love to see some more details. Maybe a bit of information about the team of people who might write it, or a previous plan for an example! With this I might be more likely to buy!
- Custom Programs: The app has the wonderful ability to create custom programs, but what about the chance to share them with the world? Maybe the developers could add a database, where you could upload your own and then download others, with the chance to rate them. This would really extend the ability of the app, and even if it was just a pro feature, it would be fantastic!
- Download: At the moment, the content downloads when you try to use the different things, but I'd really like to see the option to download everything at the same time, because I have a WiFi iPad, and obviously I can't download anything when I'm outside a WiFi point. With this option, I could download everything at the same time, so it would always be available. Otherwise, I don't get the full options. Maybe there would also be chance to download just photos or everything at the same time.
The developer has been fantastic so far, and even if just a few of these features are added… this will really be incredible!