Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Yeah...

Like I said, if it is only a matter of +/- 2 points it doesn't really make any difference to me, and will not cause any harm to anything at all.

My point was just that I think what you may imply from the high score may be an incorrect conclusion.

That is, if I (for example ) am 20 times better than you it doesn't matter what control scheme I use, I will still be better than you.
Taking my high score that I've achieved with a virtual stick doesn't tell you that the vstick controls are better than the tilt...it just tells you that I'm better than you and that I prefer vstick.
(this was all hypothetical, now)

Now comparing your own scores back to back and using that information will tell you something...that is, which control scheme is better for you and your scores.

But yeah...anyway...you're right no harm, no foul as long as the leaderboards are still all together.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I was really looking forward to try tilt control with this game, but I'm pretty disappointed.
There's no calibration option!!

All we have is "Flat", "Low" or "Medium", all of them designed for specific viewing angles, which may or may not be the one the player is currently most comfortable in.

I mostly play half sitting, half laying down on my couch, and in that angle it's impossible to play this game with tilt controls..

As far as I can see after trying the controls, the options available is either almost flat, near, but not quite flat angle, and completely flat angle.

Please give us complete calibration controls in the game.

Still loving the game, but this is a great shame since you've built tilt control in, but neglected the configurations available to the player.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

No on asked to separate the leaderboards. As Crunc put it, it is interesting to see.

INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT CONTROL METHOD THE BETTER PLAYERS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE WITH.

The more "little specific details" a game can show, the more it makes the game a lot deeper, making the game a little bit better overall IMO.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 PM

You could also argue that the dev should turn the score into a decimal value, with different digits representing the device the player is using, what iOS version, the sound/music volume, etc etc. None of that makes the game any deeper, nor does showing the control scheme of choice. It's just a question of where one wants to draw the line. I personally find adding any of that info in the form of extra digits to be a bit ridiculous, but that's just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

What some simply want to see is another statistic that may or may not affect gameplay, but gives additional information on the leaderboards and the top players.

It could even drive some players to try and practice the other control scheme if that one was being dominant on the leaderboards. It could make one think that he or she may be comfortable with his controls, but it would drive them to test the other control scheme out, see if he was missing something that made the others on top.

Or one can simply ignore that little tidbit and work harder to get into the leaderboards using his current comfort zone.

On the other hand, there are players that just wouldnt pay attention to any of this because they are just the type.

But all in all, having this tiny bit of info is harmless to everyone, but might be good-to-know for some.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Alright, what's with all these junky iTunes reviewers filling up the forums with their one liners crap goin on???

If I wanted to read 'this game rocks' or unintelligible dribble, I'd spend all my time reading AppStore reviews, not reading these threads...
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM
iPad mini

I just wanted to mention there is now a free lite version, so people can try this amazing game for free before buying

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fireball-lite-edition/id525720197?mt=8
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It just got updated too...
Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just got the update, like the new backgrounds in the options menu. Really cool, and did they just recently add the square enemies? Didn't notice them before, but if they did add more enemy types, that would be cool.

Tried the tilt controls, and they rock! But as some have mentioned, you can't seem to calibrate, so that needs to be changed in future update.

The game seems funner in the new update, I just hope they add toggle in the options so we can have 3 lives.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Love the tilt controls and really love the white background. Now I can really see the enemies. =D