App description: Break jewels like a king in Pawn'd! Match-3 meets Chess. This addictive game combines the strategic thinking and unique moves of chess with fun, gem-shattering, puzzle-game action.

REVIEWS (from Pawn'd)
"Gameplay: 5/5" - The-App-Shack.com

"Pawnd is a match 3 game that aims to make things a little bit different, and it succeeds greatly." - AppChronicles.com

"Bejeweled has just been PAWN'D!" - "Lork Gek" App Store Review

"An absolute must buy for fans of chess games, match-3 games, or fans of innovative genre blending games." - Examiner.com

PAWN'D
Each piece has simple but unique moves inspired by chess and perfected for match-game action.

Several modes of game play provide unique challenges. Can you break the poisoned piece in a just a few moves? How long can you keep playing while finding only matches of 4 or more? Can you fight off the ivy growing over the board? Tired of deep thought? Try matching as many pieces as you can before time runs out!

Never played chess? No problem! Fun practice games and touch-a-piece hints make it easy to pick up...and even harder to put down.

Simple to play, but tough to master. Are you ready to get Pawn'd?

BONUS
When you purchase the Unlimited Coins, several new game modes are unlocked!

HeadlightInc's comments:
Pawn'd was one of the nominees for Game of the Week in these TouchArcade forums this past February. A new Free version of Pawn'd has just been released.

Pawn'd combines the strategic thinking and unique moves of chess with fun, gem-shattering, puzzle-game action.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pawnd-free/id514376756?mt=8

Pawn'd has earned a 5 star rating in iTunes, with dozens of glowing reviews (many from people here!) The free version includes the same games types, with in-app purchase to unlock unlimited play.

04-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I have the paid version and it's an excellent match 3 with a nice variety of game modes.

How does this one differ? Is it limited with IAP unlock?

Last edited by Royce; 04-13-2012 at 06:33 PM.

04-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I have this too, and it is a fresh match-3 variant due to the thinking-style you need to be on to match tiles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, if you have the paid one, there's no reason to get this one too. (It's even cheaper to get the paid one directly than get the unlimited in-app purchase.)
04-13-2012, 10:23 PM

07-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Updated

An update to Pawn'd Free is now out, adding improvements and a new gameplay type: Ivy'd. Fight off the growing ivy to keep it from covering the board.
07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightInc View Post
An update to Pawn'd Free is now out, adding improvements and a new gameplay type: Ivy'd. Fight off the growing ivy to keep it from covering the board.
When will the paid version get this addition?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
The paid one should hopefully get the update approved by tomorrow. The free one got in just before somebody's weekend, and the other just missed it
07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightInc View Post
The paid one should hopefully get the update approved by tomorrow. The free one got in just before somebody's weekend, and the other just missed it
Will the paid also get the DOUBLE SECRET BONUS mode?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-23-2012, 06:08 AM
I love this game. Will the Mac version be seeing any update? The music stops working after you finish the first game. Also, a full-screen mode for Snow Leopard would be nice if possible.