• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 212.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: "Faithful recreation of one of the most famous games in the history of the medium, with revised graphics and touchscreen controls that make it feel like a new experience" - Pocketgamer

"Challenging and methodical, Prince of Persias gameplay feels well-suited to the restrictions of the iPhone" - Slide To Play

#1 app in over 20 countries !

"The game looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous " - Toucharcade

"App of the Day: Prince of Persia HD" - Eurogamer

"The Original Prince of Persia Gets a Gorgeous HD iOS Makeover" Kotaku

The Age Old Epic Saga is back in High Definition. Relive the classic or play it for the first time, either way its always been your destiny.

Features

Old tale, New skin

The Path to rescue is thrilling. Replay the adventure of the original Prince of Persia in a complete new skin as you battle your way through the game to rescue the Princess. Perform death defying stunts as you proceed from the dark and grim dungeons to the beautiful Palace tower.

Amazing Levels

The path to rescue is never simple. The
levels are filled with traps which wont be all that easy to navigate across and merciless prison guards! Unveil the dark secret and set in stone the legacy that will follow.

Multiple Game Modes

- Normal Mode: Understand the game, learn different tricks and find the quickest way without having to worry about time or death penalty.
- Time Attack: Race against the sands of time as you navigate the levels, fighting the guards and find the exit on your quest to rescue the Princess. Make haste you have only 60 minutes.
- Survival: The most compelling and challenging way of rescuing the Princess is the one in which the Prince remained unbeaten. Complete the game, in 60 minutes, without dying.

Facebook and Game Center

What is a rescue without any rewards, apart from the Princess of course!
- Unlock Game Center ACHIEVEMENTS and earn a place on the LEADERBOARDS to challenge your friends to perform better than you.
- Every hero deserves recognition. Share your achievements and score with your friends via FACEBOOK and MAIL.

If you have any feedback, please email us at apple.support@ubisoft.com

mobilegame08's comments:

04-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lua View Post
the one and only version that i am interested in is the ORIGINAL jordan mechner version with the 8bit style graphic and sound. no enhancement whatsoever. nada.

why couldn't those nincompoops at ubisoft understand this?
yeah what a bunch of nincompoops, updating a game to provide a modern experience don't they care about MY NEEDS, and ONLY my needs

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs

Last edited by Filing Cabinet; 04-14-2012 at 10:28 AM.
04-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, Retro's original controls were fantastic, and I didn't really mind the update version either. I don't know why they pulled it though... especially considering an update came out not too long ago.
Agreed, not sure why they had to pull out the retro version since it was really good. I love the feel of that game, updated but still retro. They could just give people 2 options, I'm sure many fans wouldn't mind purchasing twice to have both games.
04-14-2012, 06:40 AM
WTF is up with EA and Ubisoft pulling games left and right after people buy them?

I bought retro a month or so ago when this classic version first hit the street. I did not buy this one at the time because the retro seemed more appealing. Now that they pulled retro, I definitely will not buy this one. And it it really makes me think twice about purchasing another Ubisoft title. Don't these publishers understand they damage their brand when they do stuff like this? Very short sited.
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Game Impressions

After playing the game for a bit more, I can safely say that the game is definitely easier than the original or the retro version. They've put a lot of tweaks like the auto-walking speed slow down near objects, auto sword when there's enemy, etc. The butterfly and the map (which I find hard to understand) might be too much as it kills the exploration side of the game, but I'm happy they can be turned off.

Gameplay wise, it's a much better experience than the retro version, as the controls and those aforementioned tweaks tighten things up.

Look & feel wise, the retro still holds that nostalgic value, but I can appreciate the art in this too. Such a shame they pulled the retro though. The ideal solution would be like Monkey Island where we can swap between the two visual+music at anytime during playthough.