App description: The Spanish Main is full of merchant ships carrying the spoils of the New World but, beware, other pirates are also on the prowl and the Spanish navy wont tolerate their vessels falling prey to the rogues of the sea. Captain your ship, fire its cannons, unleash powerful voodoo spells, deploy strategic munitions and make rival pirates walk the plank as you seek to plunder a bustling Spanish trade route. Combining action-packed nautical combat with completely original ideas and concepts, Awesome Pirates is an addictive pirate game that is perfectly suited to touch-screen gameplay.

Key Features:

Simple yet challenging game controls and mechanics
Summon powerful voodoo spells and deploy strategic munitions
Master the art of the ricochet to chain together exciting cannonball combos
Capture rival pirate captains and make them walk the plank
Fire four distinctive types of cannonballs from special pickups
Obtain 30 different ranks by completing 90 unique objectives
Complete 25 challenging achievements

CheekyMammoth's comments:

See page 3 for Echoseven's impressions of v1.1

04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Nice find, Daver! I once tried to do that objective you're on and the Slimer achievement in one go . . . practically impossible ;-)
04-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Haha yeah I was thinking about trying to do that too but may have to hold off on that one!
I think I am going to have to load this on to the iPads at work I'm really enjoying it I feel like my coworkers will be hooked instantly!
04-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Game Impressions

I hate arcade game arhat require dexterity, and a steady hand. I play in moving vehicle and such are impossible. This game is so freakin cool, I love it anyway. Simple mechanics, spot on controls, crisp colorful graphics... This is a steal at the price. Buy it now before the devs discover how to raise the prices.

Is epic win. Arrrrrrr!
04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi guys,

Version 1.0.1 is now available. You can now switch the controls from left to right via the pause menu. The tutorial has been updated thanks to user feedback and a bug with the Game Center leaderboard view was fixed.

If you haven't already, come on over and join the Cutlass Cove 'Rogues of the Sea' contest.

@Werechihuahua I'm glad you're enjoying it!
04-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Really enjoying this game and appreciate the new option to flip the controls and perspective.

Cutlass Cove is definitely worthwhile and hope it gets the attention/success it deserves.
04-20-2012, 02:12 PM
True. Cutlass Cove is a solid Ship Shooting game. Now the game is even better with the new controls and a more detailed tutorial for beginners.

XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
3DS Friend Code: 4253-4779-2311 (PM me if you add me so I can add you back. Thanks)
Beta Tested Games: 100+ Games
04-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Movement controls?

I don't know if it's just me or my iPad 3, but I have the 1.01 version, iOS 5.1, and I just cannot steer the ship. I'm tapping on the wheel (and not dragging or rotating) but it doesn't seem to turn the ship at all.

Will have to get a refund if I can't get this fixed - just impossible to play if steering is not working.

Last edited by Sanjuro333; 04-22-2012 at 03:46 PM.
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
@Sanjuro333 I have the exact same setup as you with no problems. I will PM you for further details so I can narrow down the problem and get you a fix.

Edit:

Sanjuro is back on the high seas. Best of luck in the contest!

Last edited by CheekyMammoth; 04-22-2012 at 10:50 PM.
07-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Hey guys,

We've been working hard on Cutlass Cove v1.1 and it's now live! Echoseven has been playing a preview version for a while now - stay tuned for his impressions.

Let's break some high scores