Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2012, 12:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just listened to the TA podcast and They seem to be really enjoying puncho fighto. Might get some extra coverage.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

This game is a ton of fun. Swiping is so much better than trying to pull off combos by mashing buttons. SF4 was great and all, but really enjoying the sheer creativity of the action here in this game. After being thrown around from canons and off stair-cases, the rag-dolls finally show that they can kick some serious butt... while spewing fire.

Really glad that ran across this game on TA. Have spent only about half hour or so. Still playing through it. If I have anything that I'd like to see in an update, will surely post it here.

Last edited by spidey; 04-14-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Re: The podcast: Thanks...yeah, that was totally unpexpected but really exciting. I tried to say thanks to Jared but since my computer basically has Groat's disease I'm not sure if he got it. So...thanks Jared! This whole marketing thing is alien to me, I feel like I'm going, "Hey guys, look at this thing I made! There are hundreds of other awesome things right there but look at mine instead!"

I saw Indie Game The Movie two weeks ago and it was really good. I want to know how everyone's game was made now.

Thank you for the review spidey!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

after i played the lite verition I realized how awesome this game is! so now it's probably time to buy the full game x) btw, anny plans on GameCenter achivements? i know not all developers think that its a great idea for some reason. but i love them. and it whould give the game more singel player fun xD mayby put up som achivements with the "stats" uppdate? :> btw, iam really suprised to say that the 2player on the iphone works really well i love "couch multplayer" in fighting games. so to bring that to the ios was an Amzing idee
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmannen View Post
after i played the lite verition I realized how awesome this game is! so now it's probably time to buy the full game x) btw, anny plans on GameCenter achivements? i know not all developers think that its a great idea for some reason. but i love them. and it whould give the game more singel player fun xD mayby put up som achivements with the "stats" uppdate? :> btw, iam really suprised to say that the 2player on the iphone works really well i love "couch multplayer" in fighting games. so to bring that to the ios was an Amzing idee
Thanks very much! I was just looking into Game Center integration recently, so there's at least a decent chance of adding achievements. I'm not opposed to them anyway. Thanks again for the kind words.

By the way, I found a review of Puncho on a Chinese website but I can't figure out what it says. If anybody can translate Chinese to English better than Google Translate can, please send me a PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow just emailed the dev to ask about any updates coming for this and it's sad to say that they said this really hasn't sold well and so unless it picks up there won't be any new stages or characters.
So come on people this really deserves to be played.
I'd go as far as to say its the perfect fighting game for the platform. All gesture based fighting and it works really well.

There's still hope for something's coming in updates though, like multiplayer and GC
Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 AM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Hello all, just a quick heads up that I'm hoping to find some testers for online multiplayer over here.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 AM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Puncho Fighto News:

1. The game has been free for a little while now (and way more people have downloaded it than I was expecting, which is nice).

2. I just released an update with online play (in beta) via Game Center. It's free to play too, but there's an in-app purchase to unlock character selection and leaderboards (so, basically just a tip jar for if you like the game ).

3. The online play should be considered in beta because, due to various technical issues, it doesn't work that great unless you have a really good connection to the other player. It should work well in that case though.

4. If you already had the game installed, you should get the full networking for free until you delete the game.

Thanks everybody!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've tried searching for an online game a few times during the day but with no luck
I'll try again later on when hopefully some more people will be awake/online.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I've tried searching for an online game a few times during the day but with no luck
I'll try again later on when hopefully some more people will be awake/online.
I've managed to get a few matches with people, but it takes a little patience. We should play a match at some point to see if the live game center servers are any different than the sandbox ones.