Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Servers are shutting down 5/25.
Wow. I feel like re-syncing Eliminate to my iPhone on the last day for one last game.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I can still remember the day this came out... All the hype... All the fun and now it will be lost forever. RIP Eliminate. You took up our time well.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This is the game that made me stop liking ngmoco. I just find it funny that people actually spent money on this and what will they have to prove for it?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 4S

If anyone in toucharcade follows my forums post, you would know that I loved Eliminate. I wanted it from the initial announcement, I waited up to download it and I played the hell out of it. I kicked a$$ in this game and I loved the controls. They were perfect and to this day... The best fps control scheme on iOS.

ngmoco lead the way in taking the iPhone seriously as a gaming console.

After all the praise, I'm truly disappointed at ngmoco as a company. The founders really took the money and ran. True entrepreneurs. I feel as if their intent wasn't bringing console quality games for iOS, it was just making money period and they saw an opportunity. I'm not hating, just disappointed.

I issue a challenge, or a call to game developers. iOS is the next generation console. Give gamers high quality games, gamers will pay you. No gimics, no get rich quick schemes, no angry birds clones. Give us console quality story based games. Give us memorable characters like we experienced as kids such as Mario, Sonic and Bonk. Give us music that stirs emotion. Graphics that make us wonder how this is possible on a phone.

Apple provided the tools and hardware for a gaming revolution. Make art, make games, make history. The next gen console was introduced in 2006 with the original iPhone. It flipped the cellphone market on its head. It made industry giants like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo rethink there strategy because they are losing market share.

Looking back at this post, I could have ended it after the first sentence.
I guess I just want to say, take the iOS seriously. It's the gaming console of the future. Make your games universal. Innovate or get left behind.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

It's sad to see this go. I wish that I had gotten in to it earlier (I got it around October of 2010), because then I would've been able to enjoy it more, I guess. Be with the hype and all that... goodbye, Eliminate.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

All the fun memories lost forever. We had a good run people, although most of us left when the glitches starting coming out the woodwork, all in all it was money well spent. I will forever hold a place in my heart for eliminate. Btw PVP, if your still alive, Alucard, Terrorist, Ccperr, and the rest of us would love to hear from you. Hit me up for details.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Oh no... Eliminate was (still is) the best mobile FPS online game ever. Too bad people started to quit. I have the best gaming meories from Eliminate.

@PoopShooter - I know Capt4in (i spoke with him a while ago), he used to be a legend.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I can remember when it came out. Nice game during that time. However it was the first title which got me an undestanding of freemium and why I hated - this specific - model. Notbeeing ableto earn XP after playing for five minutes... Deleted it after 3 days. Still, it's the first game / server going down. "Good Bye".
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

I got this game at one point, but I did not really like it. It's too bad that it has to go still.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I still remember being at university watching the announcement trailers on youtube, wow.

A shame to see it go but it's had a good run, just a shame it's going because the devs are fecked basically.