★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-14-2012, 07:11 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
To syntheticvoid and sladeums.

1: My ipad2 was my 50th birthday present from all my family (who will be still paying it off until xmas) I did not buy it nor have the money to buy one.

2: I am NOT saying the game isn't worth that, I just don't think a lite version is out of the question when the full game costs so much. No, I can't afford to drop 5 on a game that I might not like or might be too complex for me.

a lite version would give me the chance to see if I like it or its too complex, even if the lite version was limited to 3-5 planets or even a timed demo, say 30 mins gameplay. That would give me time to see if I would like it.

If I played a lite version and liked it then I would pay the asking price for the full game.
04-14-2012, 07:16 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, sorry, I was caught in a bad mood.

totally understand. I checked out loads of lite versions for games over $5, and there's a few that I wound up not getting because I really didn't like the lites, and was very thankful that I didn't just throw down the money for them.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid

04-14-2012, 06:56 PM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Spent most of the day reading the Starbase Orion forums, decided to go for it.
downloading now
04-29-2012, 09:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
wow... update 1.1.3 hit yesterday...

Quote:
NEW FEATURES IN v1.1.3

• Custom Starbases
Players can now design custom starbases in the ship designer. Set your weapon and ship systems to best match your fleet tactics.

• Upgradable Ships
Scrap ships directly to production points on a planet, then use that production to quickly build an upgraded ship.

• Precise Orbital Bombardment
Orbital bombardments have been improved; you can now specific generic targets (marines, buildings, population) and you can equip more bombing systems per ship.

• Weapon Damage Modifiers
Weapons now do different damage based upon if they hit shields, armor, or hull, providing more variety and strategic decisions about how to outfit your fleet.

• Civic Funding
Joining Economic Funding and Economic Hoarding is the new Civic Funding; use your planet's production points to increase growth rate.

• Stacking Penalties
Some ship systems have been given a stacking cost penalty; as you stack more of the same item, each new item costs more. This encourages more diverse system configurations, while still allowing those that want to stack the ability to do so.

• New Technologies
Advanced colony ships, Marine Barracks II, Efficient Tax Collectors II, changes to Pacifists and Warlords Overhauls

• Balance Changes
Prior to this update the mechanics favored production/expansionist races. Numerous changes have been introduced to balance the game for other imperial strategies.

• Hi-Definition Graphics
Experience the glory of galactic conquest with full HD graphics for the new iPad!

• Bug Fixes
You reported them, we fixed them! Thank you so much for everyone helping to make Starbase Orion the best it can be!

--------------------------------------------------------

Coming in v1.1.4, one of the most requested new features for Starbase Orion: Colony and Fleet Leaders!

Game just keeps getting better and better. Thank you so much for all of your hard work! =oD

Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
syntheticvoid
04-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Spent most of the day reading the Starbase Orion forums, decided to go for it.
downloading now
I doubt you'll be disappointed Remember to give the asynchronous multiplayer a go, as there is a community of (really brutally good ) Starbase Orion players who play online regularly. We'll see you out among the stars, the final frontier...

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
New Leaders Feature - Teasers!

We've been hard at work bringing the next most requested feature to Starbase Orion! Between now and the update I will release some TA forum exclusive profiles of our eclectic band of upcoming leaders.

Enjoy!

(Click for hi-res image)
Click image for larger version

Name:	xinkrek.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	43744

Last edited by KittyMac; 05-13-2012 at 06:12 PM.
05-12-2012, 01:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
Woohoo!!

Very excited that the best 4x iOS title is still growing.

syntheticvoid
05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
05-14-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm still hoping for a diplomacy and trading update at some point.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
05-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I'm still hoping for a diplomacy and trading update at some point.
Diplomacy and trading are in the works as "the next big thing" after colony & military leaders.