Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Hey guys, from reading this thread, I understand there is a kind of etiquette as publishing high scores and explaining game play too explicitly is concerned. But I was pm-ing with big K and I told him about Y52 where I could do it with 1 Rocko - I had tried on that one real hard - and he thought it might be a real improvement. Anyway, it might be old news to you, i have little illusions on that point
I see you finally passed 11 million! For me the big goal was 9 million (before the latest update).

Congrats!

And welcome to 2nd place!

Last edited by dabigkahuna; 03-29-2012 at 11:39 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks! I finished going through all the levels with some of the new ideas and indeed got to HD 2nd with that. Now it will be harder to make progress, first for being back home and having less time to spend and second, the "easy" points are gone now. I see you made good progress too! I was hoping to have closed the gap with you a little bit more with me reaching 11M . Well at least it means there are much more points to be made hehehe
Old 03-30-2012, 10:45 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Good for you to get at least a small cushion - even though I haven't seen the guy presently in 3rd place come back for a long time.

I am trying to get time in to get more points for two reasons. One is that I'm trying to get the points while I can remember how I did it on the iphone! I've already forgotten on a bunch of them.

The other is because I figure those people well behind may be more likely to give up seriously chasing if the gap is big. I know I find it easier to motivate myself when I'm close to another player. Hate it when I have to gain a lot to move up.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Improved a lot on my "last" worlds Monstrocity and Lava Lamp, simple things like changing a DonTonator for a Blui (+3k), but now the more obvious points are gone there too.
Anyway, I feel was inspired the last days. Won 10k on both F42 and F49 (some of the levels that are made by the devil, I think ).
Finally managed some stupid levels like M53 and F56 , where you know what to do but still have to do it.
Finally discovered for sure if M06 can be done with with one mini! I'm proud of that one
Got some new approaches that rendered good points, e.g. M49, M50, M57, L35 and L40. Some were like "how did I not see that before"!
But for example M20 still don't get it.

I'm safe for now for no. 3. by more than a cushion. Still don't get realy near you though hehehe
I'd be 15 on iPhone but you have 380k points of tricks still up your sleeve seeing the iphone and ipad scores

Cheers
Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I have a bunch I know what to do and can't! That doesn't count the ones I knew what to do and succeeded at on the iphone but can't remember how on the ipad. If I could do everything I know or used to know, I could be up with Ogster in first place. He's just better at it than I am.

I've been busy with Cover Orange on the ipad. I have the second highest legitimate score on the iphone (two hackers in there). ctay has the highest because she has an iTouch 3 which can get more points on some levels. But I take solace in telling her a new trick which let her pass me!

The ipad version doesn't seem to have much of the quirks people discovered on the iphone so I don't know how high I can get - I'm 42nd now. I haven't even tried to max out on most of the levels yet, but have serious doubts I can get up to the top. But then, I don't know if the people at the top are hackers since I haven't followed the ipad version before.

Oh, I haven't gotten M20 to work for max points yet either. Sure have spent a lot of time on it though!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Please help me!!!

I paid the $0.99 for the full version of Monster Island and have earned 3 stars on every level in World 1: Yellow Jello. How do i proceed to the next world? Am i forced to pay $9.99 or use 8000 coins or is there another way to unlock the next world?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Cannot remember anymore exactly, but next worlds simply unlock when having finished the previous. You need to download them first though, by tapping the new world, so an Internet connection is required at that time. Does that help?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Cannot remember anymore exactly, but next worlds simply unlock when having finished the previous. You need to download them first though, by tapping the new world, so an Internet connection is required at that time. Does that help?
Yeah, that sounds right. Don't even need 3 stars on the prior levels - just beat them.

I see are still in 2nd place on the iPad version. I've been so tied up with Cover Orange on the iPad that I simply haven't gotten back to MI.

I have 1st on Cover Orange by a comfortable margin, but want to try to max it out - I'm still something like 7-800 behind my iPhone score and that's a lot on that game.

But eventually I'll get back to MI. Heck, have to work on the iphone version of that too.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Yeah, I've been mostly working these days but also challenging a colleague in work breaks with lost chick HD lite (free, not the full version). I'm no. 1 of 30k players now but shhht don't tell anybody here . But today i checked some levels from MI FM and suddenly stuff worked. So I got good points on FM13,14,40 and especially the famous FM48! For 48 I did not get any hit points as Rocko got over and round the monster but still pushed it off the ledge "gently" so to say. So there is another 2k+ to win there for a mad kill plus bonus points. But still second place yeah
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Yeah, I've been mostly working these days but also challenging a colleague in work breaks with lost chick HD lite (free, not the full version). I'm no. 1 of 30k players now but shhht don't tell anybody here . But today i checked some levels from MI FM and suddenly stuff worked. So I got good points on FM13,14,40 and especially the famous FM48! For 48 I did not get any hit points as Rocko got over and round the monster but still pushed it off the ledge "gently" so to say. So there is another 2k+ to win there for a mad kill plus bonus points. But still second place yeah
Looks like an interesting game. Don't know if I'll play it, but maybe someday.

You're getting dangerously close on MI - I may have to get back to it, but I'm hoping to still focus on Cover Orange for awhile. I'm still picking up points, though a lot slower. I think I'm still 300 points below my iphone score. If I could get those, I wouldn't have to worry about it until new levels come out.

I'm telling you, it's tough to stay #1 on more than one game! I wonder how many people manage to do more than two?