App description: "BEST NEW ONLINE GAME" ~ GDC Awards Nominee

"Just between you and me, dragon parks are pretty rad." ~ TouchArcade.com

Hatched a dragon lately? Play DragonVale and raise, feed and breed your own lovable dragons.

PLEASE NOTE! DragonVale is completely free to play, but some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases. DragonVale requires an internet connection to play (3G or WiFi).

ALSO NOTE! By playing DragonVale you may find yourself hopelessly addicted to hatching and caring for adorable dragons. You may find yourself feeding them treats, watching them grow, building and decorating their habitats, and inviting others in to view them in their floating island home. You may even find yourself choosing pairs for breeding, or racing dragons to compete for awesome prizes.

DragonVale is an enticing social experience from Backflip Studios that is sure to keep you entertained. You get:

- Dozens of adorable dragons to raise
- A magical island you build in the sky
- Custom habitats where dragons graze
- Dragon races where you win great prizes
- Paths and decorations to delight your visitors
- Farms to grow dragon treats
- Full-color visuals and sparkling animations
- An original Renaissance music soundtrack
- Support for Game Center and Facebook to visit other parks and trade gifts

Don't just take our word for it. Here's what the press has to say about DragonVale:

"This new title has a depth and higher quality of art thats reminiscent of the work that went into early console games." ~ VentureBeat.com

"Jurassic Park was cool, but really it doesn't have anything on DragonVale." ~ Gamezebo.com

"It builds up nicely, the art is colorful and fun." ~ TUAW.com

And to think it all started with an egg.

Install DragonVale today. It's free!

DragonVale is brought to you by Backflip Studios, makers of absurdly fun mobile games like Paper Toss, NinJump, Ragdoll Blaster, Strike Knight, Army of Darkness, Shape Shift and Graffiti Ball. Search the App Store for "Backflip Studios" to see all our apps.

Follow @BackflipStudios on Twitter for free game announcements and other updates.

Thanks for playing!

eleventeen's comments:

The developers at Backflip Studios (me included) are excited to announce DragonVale is now available around the world.

If you're looking for friends, check out this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=105689
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Add me I give gems. Vin nie
01-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree with the shrine business, it's just crazy,
Noone in their sane minds is going to spend years on a freeminum game, the only people they are rewarding are people who jailbreak and have unlimited gems and drgoncash to easily obtain the gold shrines.
No one else will work towards a goal that takes years, I completely just ignore the shrines, and barely open the game anymore, I used to play everyday, the only thing I enjoy on dragonvale is when there's new dragons, I will breed that dragon then piss off again until another update with more dragons.
In the past I have spent probably more then $10 on this game, but since this shrine thing they havent gotten a cent off me because there's nothing I need gems for, I don't want to hibernation upgrades or anything, and I've got no dragons to speed up breeding with gems, because I have all the dragons already, so there marketing strategy isn't very good.
They'd make much more money just releasing lots of dragons so people get frustated and want to speed up their dragon breeding times, and add more goals and items that are purchasable by gems, with nothing to do with gold shrines because no one would buy gems or cash for the shrine thing because even spending $100 on a dragoncash pack wouldn't even make a dent in the finish line, it'd take thousands of dollars, ans I doubt anyone would be desperate enough to spend that much on a temporary game, rich or poor, that's just ignorant and pathetic when you could actually feed a 3rd world country for that price, instead of virtual dragons.

02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
New Dragon!

Hey DragonVale fans! In case you hadn't heard, there is a new dragon in DragonVale! In honor of Valentines Day, the Love Dragon can now be found in the Market or bred on the Epic Breeding Island or in the Breeding Cave!

Backflip Studios
Purveyor of fine iOS/Android mobile gaming experiences!
Follow us on Twitter!
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backflip Studios View Post
Hey DragonVale fans! In case you hadn't heard, there is a new dragon in DragonVale! In honor of Valentines Day, the Love Dragon can now be found in the Market or bred on the Epic Breeding Island or in the Breeding Cave!
In addition to this post, here are some images of the egg and the Love Dragon itself...

I bred Flower/Lighting combo to receive my Love Dragon...

Playing: Happy Street & Pixel People

Beta tested: Pocket Minions, N.Y.Zombies 2 & ORC: Vengeance, Happy Street

Last edited by Bankai44; 02-03-2012 at 11:31 AM.
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
New update is crashing every time I try to open the market. :-( Please fix!
02-25-2012, 11:59 PM
How to Delete Accounts

How to Delete Google and Facebook Accounts?

[url=http://howtodelete.us/]How to Delete[/url]
04-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Send a message via MSN to JayuZmaN Send a message via Yahoo to JayuZmaN
the metal dragon event...
why did it end automatically ?

the last time i checked, only 8 min until the event end...
i leave it, and after i come back... the event already finished...

anyone experienced the same problem ?
04-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi all I am new to this game and thoroughly enjoying it. If anyone needs friends then please feel free to add me. My ID is JT57.

Can anyone tell me how to get the moon and sun dragons without spending real money (ie gems)? I bought the habitat without looking at how to get the dragon, I thought I would be able to breed!

Also how do you breed dragons with 3 or more elements when you can only put 2 dragons into the cave at any one time? Do you breed the crossbreeds? If so how do you know which is correct? Is it trial and error?

Thanks for any enlightenment on these issues.

Last edited by JT57; 04-23-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Had further questions to ask
04-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Just started the game yesterday thanks to my friends. Now I am addicted! Just bred my first dragon which is a Lava Dragon, Fire + Earth. Do you guys have any good tips for me to start off? (I don't feel like reading 20 pages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.
10-30-2012, 06:19 AM
After investing thirty dolllars in Dragonvale, I rarely play this game anymore. I won't go into specifics, but my opinion of Backflip studios isn't good.