Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Okay so the only thing keeping me from Pulling the trigger is the late game difficulty.

I am not very good at RTS games, getting flummoxed later on in the games, and it seems this one ranks up there in difficulty.

Is there any chance you could add a toned down mode for losers like me who want to enjoy the game without all the added challenge the RTS pros need?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Okay so the only thing keeping me from Pulling the trigger is the late game difficulty.

I am not very good at RTS games, getting flummoxed later on in the games, and it seems this one ranks up there in difficulty.

Is there any chance you could add a toned down mode for losers like me who want to enjoy the game without all the added challenge the RTS pros need?
We're definitely looking into it, and seeing what we can do, whether it's adding difficulty levels or tuning the missions, or something else entirely. We want to be careful as to not tone the difficulty down so much that it becomes too easy for players, but this is definitely high on our priority list.

Please let us know if you think a particular mission (and perhaps the game overall) is too difficult, easy, or just right - we're looking at all comments and feedback!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I seem to be hitting some kind of bug on mission 3. It doesn't seem like it's recognizing the third probe. I've gotten to all three of the things I'm supposed to be probing, but it keeps saying 2/3 on how many have probes on them.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

posted this in the freebies thread... but figured I'd post it here as well..

it's how I got through Mission 4;

I kept •••Spoiler:  expanding and guarding the middle, then broke my group into two smaller groups (deselect, circle half of them, and assign them to #1, other group #2...) and had one guard each side, staying close to the energy probes. At the end, brought the group back together, and sat where I entered the stage, using the freeze probes whenever I got overwhelmed... Took me 2 tries to beat it doing that.

As for Mission 3... are you sure that you had all 3 probes out? If I remember correctly, you can only send out 2 at first, and then need to wait until you have enough power to send out the third.

Just wondering... I didn't have any problems with mission 3... =o/
Old 04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrinsicGames View Post
Thanks for the positive impressions guys! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game for the most part.

With regards to the controls, could you let me know what device(s) you're playing on (iPhone, iPad)? We wanted the controls to be one of the strong suits of the game, and if you guys have any suggestions we'd be happy to try it out and test it.

In case it wasn't clear, with the one-finger camera scroll option, you use two fingers to create a box around the units (similar to Starfront). For the other control scheme (two-finger camera scroll), we've seen several people just hold down one finger on the screen, and then they can use the other finger to drag around. Hope that helps your experience!
Yeah, it seems like a tough one to solve, so I can't really say anything bad about the solutions you guys came up with. I'm playing on 3GS, and both control options have things I like and one thing that's a little hard to deal with. With control-option 1, you have the benefit of easily circling units to separate them into groups, but of course, the camera requires two fingers to move, which can screw you up in the heat of battle. Option 2 is much more intuitive, but then, selecting small groups of units is a little trickier. That said, I recently discovered that with option 2, using two fingers to group units creates a selection box, a la Warcraft, so I think I can work with that. It wasn't evident at first, but once I noticed it on accident, I knew I found something that could work.

Again, though, hat's off to you guys for an absolutely stellar iOS title. I especially feel good as a 3DS owner knowing the eShop is going to get another great value. Nintendo shoves a lot of crap on their service and charges far too much for it. But this is a gem system owners will really get a lot out of. If this was DS-era software, it could easily be a retail product.

Last edited by GeekyDad; 04-15-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
As for Mission 3... are you sure that you had all 3 probes out? If I remember correctly, you can only send out 2 at first, and then need to wait until you have enough power to send out the third.

Just wondering... I didn't have any problems with mission 3... =o/
I figured out my own stupidity. I didn't realize the very first one had been destroyed. Went back and put one back on it and was able to complete the mission.

Great game by the way. I'm really enjoying it. The controls could maybe use a little bit of work. Usually I don't mind he two finger thing to move the screen, but in this game a lot of times I end up moving my guys (one finger must hit just before the second one). Not really sure how to improve that.

Other than that this is definately a must-have for RTS lovers. And even though it may get hard, it's understandable enough for newbies. There's some RTS games that are just way too much to keep track of. So far, at least, I don't feel overwhelmed.

Last edited by awp69; 04-15-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Beautiful, amazing game! Controls are so good so far, music is great, effects too are great and the art is very awesome! If this was a DS game it would be up there with the best. Definitively worth the 5 bucks! Hopefully you guys get big bucks for this, so developers of rts start raising the bar thanks to your example.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great game. The ability to micro/macro gives me the feeling as though I'm playing StarCraft (sharks to surround first and then pick off enemies one at a time reminds me of using zerglings and being able to pull individual units during battle is great for macro-micro)

I want to ask, is there going to be multiplayer implemented any time soon? I feel like this would surpass most of not all RTS games on the iPhone. Maybe like a skirmish mode or something, or Team Fortress type of battles.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neswii View Post
Beautiful, amazing game! Controls are so good so far, music is great, effects too are great and the art is very awesome! If this was a DS game it would be up there with the best. Definitively worth the 5 bucks! Hopefully you guys get big bucks for this, so developers of rts start raising the bar thanks to your example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
Great game. The ability to micro/macro gives me the feeling as though I'm playing StarCraft (sharks to surround first and then pick off enemies one at a time reminds me of using zerglings and being able to pull individual units during battle is great for macro-micro)

I want to ask, is there going to be multiplayer implemented any time soon? I feel like this would surpass most of not all RTS games on the iPhone. Maybe like a skirmish mode or something, or Team Fortress type of battles.
Thanks for all the positive impressions!

@Neswii - Actually, we are releasing it to the DS! A DSiWare version of the game is going to be released very soon on the 3DS eShop and DSi Shop.

@UmbraVir - We're definitely hoping to get some sort of multiplayer and skirmish mode in the game! These modes are going to take some time to implement, so a lot of it depends on how the game continues selling. Unfortunately sales have dropped off quite a bit, but we're staying optimistic and seeing what options we have available. In fact, the game's balance is designed around multiplayer, so we'd very much like to get it in!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Ah. Sorry to hear that. The game isn't getting as much praise as it should be.

I think that it would have been a better sales strategy to release the app after the implementation of a skirmish/multiplayer mode because the campaign sometimes becomes tedious/very hard (like the stage with the invincible Rhinos). The campaigns aren't something you pick up and play which really hinders the capability of the app.

Nevertheless, the app is still one of the greatest