Support our Sponsors:

Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Mr.Z is using 4.3.3, thats the reason why he gets choppy perfomance in those games.
I can confirm that all those games he said runs fullspeed with no frameskip/stuttering on my 4s running ios 5.0.1.
IOS 4 lacks optimizations, uses old apis and old opengl drivers. Plus is fairly slower and unstable. I advice to upgrade, reloaded 1.1 runs like a dream both CPS1 and CPS2 games flawlessy, imho better than iFBA due to higher resolution and a better virtual stick.
JXD S7100 has a good screen and gpu (mali 400, same as galaxy sII and Note) but it lacks cpu power. I think that to get the most out of android emus a Dual Core cpu is a must such Exynos or Tegra.
With Tegra 3 phones and tablets however things are going to change, i bet mame reloaded can run even MK games fullspeed on those devices.

Naomi games dont run even on mame for windows x64, at least for now. Mame uses the CPU to emulate most of the systems supported, whereas NullDC, Makaron and Demul uses both CPU and GPU for drawing graphics.
The bios is the only thing that works, some games boot up fine but even an i5-2500k @ 4,5ghz can run any of them above 15fps.
So dont expect to run them on mame reloaded, thats an absurd request, much like having PS2 or Wii emulated on phones. Its mostly the same resources requirements.
thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleuco View Post

I have tested all games you have writte and all run full speed with no glitches on my system. Maybe it is becouse I have iOS 5 and you not...??? Are you playin with external controller like iCade? Maybe this could be an explanation since iCade overhead system...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Mr.Z is using 4.3.3, thats the reason why he gets choppy perfomance in those games.
I can confirm that all those games he said runs fullspeed with no frameskip/stuttering on my 4s running ios 5.0.1.
IOS 4 lacks optimizations, uses old apis and old opengl drivers. Plus is fairly slower and unstable. I advice to upgrade, reloaded 1.1 runs like a dream both CPS1 and CPS2 games flawlessy, imho better than iFBA due to higher resolution and a better virtual stick.
JXD S7100 has a good screen and gpu (mali 400, same as galaxy sII and Note) but it lacks cpu power. I think that to get the most out of android emus a Dual Core cpu is a must such Exynos or Tegra.
With Tegra 3 phones and tablets however things are going to change, i bet mame reloaded can run even MK games fullspeed on those devices.
I agree, on my iPad 2 running 5.0.1, I have no problems with the games mentioned.
As for some of the other games, just because they are in the menu doesn't mean they are playable. Seleuco has already said not to expect full speed in everything.
Mame is very CPU hungry, and current devices just aren't powerfull enough.
I used to build my own PC's mainly to run mame,and other emulators, as fast as possible. I doubt even today they could keep up with some of mame's requirements.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Are you guys saying Shadow Force and Golden Axe Death Adder run 100% on ios5?

What about item games how do they perform for you?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Sorry for the slacker response earlier. Thanks for the replies KingpinZero and Seleuco.

Ok now that I'm home I'm seriously considering upgrading to ios5.

As for icade no I don't have an icade I use an arcade stick plugged into the wiimote, the problem is the keys are not setup as I would like with some games have jump as the first button and punch as second instead of the opposite.

how can I configure the wiimote controls, is it impossible on the current version? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z View Post
Are you guys saying Shadow Force and Golden Axe Death Adder run 100% on ios5?

What about item games how do they perform for you?
Haven't tried shadow force in imame as it runs great in ifba.
Admittedly, golden axe-roda is slow.
As for the irem games, for me with frame skip off they play between 85-100%, but most of the time in the 90's.
They are quite playable with frame skip on though!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Thanks Muttlly, guess things are not "that" different on ios 5 then. I get around the same speed on 4.3.3 on the irem games. At first I didn't mind but as soon as things get heavy the performance took a hit and it gives you that feeling of remembering you're playing an emu.

iMame has the coolest crt filter and performance on cps1 games for example is so good, it feels so accurate. Can't wait till the next gen devices.

Last edited by Mr.Z; 04-12-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

im trying to get killer instinct working. i tried putting the chd file in the zip itself so far. is there a specific place i need to put it?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'll toss this out there for anyone that wants to start up a compatibility list for this emulator.

It's a quick form for users to report games played. As more fill out the form, the list grows and everyone can see what works/doesnt work for them. The form is pretty basic and the report updates every 5 minutes.

MAME4iOS Reloaded Compatibility Form

View the Report
Old 04-14-2012, 01:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default amazing emu.

Wow ! This emulator is mint for so many reasons :-

1. seleuco stated that android was is main development platform so to knock this out so quick for ios is fab

2. seleuco delivers ! When he says an update will follow in a few days, it appears in a few days, unlike some emu authors.....

3. Seed hacks - Wow, these really make a difference to some of the classics I'm playing. Outfoxies playes just perfectly ( this is a must check out game if you have not heard of it before.

4. Icontrolpad support

5. Massive range of roms !

Thanks seleuco for taking the time to develop this. I have a quick query though, I cannot seem to the the artwork files to appear. Copied the png files for outfoxies into roms/mame4ios/artwork folder, but they dont appear in the game. I'm I doing something wrong ?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 AM

Enjoying this new version immensely, thanks Seleuco....quick question...I have dropped the bios files into the roms folder, is this required??
I thought it was but now im not sure...if it is required is there anyway of hiding them in the rom selection area??

Thanks again and keep up the good work, most of the the irem and cave and konami titles titles are working a treat!!

Last edited by joeblade; 04-15-2012 at 03:21 AM..