Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
What I think a lot of people fail to understand is that A Song of Ice and Fire is a dense series of books. It's not an exaggeration at all to say that converting one of the books into a ten episode season is only giving viewers an extreme cliffsnotes-style overview of the universe. However, the grand setup in each of the books creates an environment where shit gets real, and arguably more real than any other fantasy series I've read.

Anyway, if you're even vaguely into the Game of Thrones TV show and you're not actively reading through the books you're basically cheating yourself out of an incredible story and instead are choosing to be baby-birded by HBO producers.
I wanted to watch the series first then go back and read the books, as I've always done the opposite for every other popular fantasy series.

The premier only reignited my anger towards Joffrey. Little f**ker deserves to get raped hard core. Incest bastard asshat. He is such a good actor but man do I dispise him.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:44 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Episode 2 of Season 2 was definitely interesting..just watched it.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

i only watched the first couple of episodes and quite enjoyed it!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Qft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodapp View Post
what i think a lot of people fail to understand is that a song of ice and fire is a dense series of books. It's not an exaggeration at all to say that converting one of the books into a ten episode season is only giving viewers an extreme cliffsnotes-style overview of the universe. However, the grand setup in each of the books creates an environment where shit gets real, and arguably more real than any other fantasy series i've read.

Anyway, if you're even vaguely into the game of thrones tv show and you're not actively reading through the books you're basically cheating yourself out of an incredible story and instead are choosing to be baby-birded by hbo producers.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I watch Game of Thrones via HBO GO on my iPad 3 and I really enjoy it! Excellent show
Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just watched the latest one. Now that was a good episode. Extremely eventful.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:34 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

finished the first season, i basically stayed up all night and watched the last 4 episodes in a row.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Finally watched last week's episode. I was literally shuddering at the end. What the bloody hell. It gets grosser and grosser. Best episode so far this season though. Joffrey is a freak. Cersei, lol. The Red Witch..
Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
What I think a lot of people fail to understand is that A Song of Ice and Fire is a dense series of books. It's not an exaggeration at all to say that converting one of the books into a ten episode season is only giving viewers an extreme cliffsnotes-style overview of the universe. However, the grand setup in each of the books creates an environment where shit gets real, and arguably more real than any other fantasy series I've read.

Anyway, if you're even vaguely into the Game of Thrones TV show and you're not actively reading through the books you're basically cheating yourself out of an incredible story and instead are choosing to be baby-birded by HBO producers.
Eli-- I was just trying to figure out which podcast you and Brad were discussing that you were reading this series, and (if memory serves...) Brad was warning you not to go past a certain book he thought was the right one to end with.

Now that its months later, do you recommend the full series (I'm talking books)? I'm thoroughly enjoying the first so far, but really thought i remember Brad putting on the beatdown at some point, and I certainly want to remain on Lord Bradley's good side.

Cheers,
Oliver.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

the past two episodes felt kind of mellow. guess the crazier more dramatic events are saved for the last couple of episodes of the season. can't wait!