Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2012, 11:28 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

I was just wandering in to see what the pulse was on this bad-boy... I see polarizing comments.

I really liked Game Dev Story and enjoyed Mega Mall story but I couldn't find a way to jump into the others. How does this one fare in relation?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I was just wandering in to see what the pulse was on this bad-boy... I see polarizing comments.

I really liked Game Dev Story and enjoyed Mega Mall story but I couldn't find a way to jump into the others. How does this one fare in relation?
I think that this game is a lot bigger, in the sense that there is a lot more to focus on, and there is more to balance than just - have enough money, hire good guys, max them out and then create and release games.

Here you have to worry about running the actual city, with the people that you attract (some may be better in exploration than others who are pure workers). Keeping production up but at the same time producing "culture points" to develop new technologies/ weapons. Gaining money through exploration (though if you sent your team away to explore this may affect production).

There's the planning of the city (whereas early on in the game the focus is selling a certain product to tourists that visit you), soon they become less cost effective/ or you have developed a better product. However that product is a byproduct of 2 other raw materials you have found through exploring. Then it suddenly becomes a logistical problem (how to first produce the raw material, then supply the factory with the raw material(s), then attract tourists to come over and buy the damn product?). I've had to restart a few times because I realised I have been developing the city incorrectly (first I had all my houses bunched together, and no one bothered to travel to the factory too far out where all the tourism is and produce anything), then I realised that I had no idea how the map looked like and have been expanding the opposite way (i.e. tourism at the edge of the map and the raw materials are on the other side of town, so now I'm taking forever to produce anything).

Bearing in mind all that time you have to attract more people to come by discovering new planets!

*** realisation that this turned out to be a longer response than initially intended*** In short, it's a big game, which would keep you entertained for hours on ends (without a seeming end to things.. I keep finding new races, i can keep leveling up people with no seeming limit), I find that I have more technologies to continue to develop, some at thousands of culture points, I still have people I want to attract over, and my city just keeps running.

All in all, though I have never played mega mall story. I feel that this is a much bigger game than Game Dev Story, Grand Prix Story, Pocket League Story and World Cruise Story.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks wuzmaname! That was exactly the kind of response that I've been really looking for... ie, what challenges the gameplay brings. Essentially most of the Kairosoft games are quite similar, but the problems are what really drives me to play them.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
iPhone 5

I see a few people are wondering a bit about how the economy functions in this game, and also how it differs from the other Kairosoft titles so I thought I would help you guys out. However my post might include spoilers, so if you care not to ruin your experience please move on.

Each villager has a specific range they can travel to work. So if you take into account relative spacing between homes to factories/mines/processing plants you'll get a pretty efficient return in labor. Check out how I built this UFO factory setup - I line the slower workers straight across, and stronger workers farther away since they have a longer range. Essentially if you want a rapid economy, try this method out.

photo 3.png

In this second example, you'll notice I tried to take advantage of the real estate in the desert by building factory/home setups back to back. Both churn out tank sales fast, so I'm pretty happy!

I also cut off access to the road from the northern factory into the southern factory to not confuse any of the residents into swapping their labor back and forth.

photo 4.png

Hopefully I made this as brief as possible and gave you some ideas for your own economy plans. If you would like an easy tutorial on how to create factory setups (as the in game one isn't that user friendly), I'd definitely be willing to help.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I think this is Kairsoft's best since Game DeV Story. It doesn't have the replayability as GDS, but the depth of character customization, item creation, exploration, dungeon battles, and city building that went into such a small title makes me smile. It's quintessentially fitting for this platform.

Major Spoiler!

Here's a glimpse at my tank warrior - he's wrecked quite a few space pirates!

photo.png
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 AM

Oh right. It was a lame saturday and I've been playing this game for 5 hours nonstop. It's one of the best titles you can get from Kairosoft so far (although it's definitely not as cool as GameDev). It never gets old, you just keep exploring and exploring while you evolve your residents (weapons, armor, skills) and make friends with other planets. Battles are the cherry on the cake.

Unfortunately, the challenge level stabilizes at some point -- at least if you did the right job on factory/house locations to get the best of your workers. I'm just earning lots of money while I type this for you.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
iPhone 3GS

Hi, is it a bug or am I doing someting wrong? I cannot view the description of the buildings and I cannot scroll down. Do you have the same problem?
thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivionrpg View Post
Hi, is it a bug or am I doing someting wrong? I cannot view the description of the buildings and I cannot scroll down. Do you have the same problem?
thanks
I'm having the same problem on 3gs:
The text is not entirely visible on descriptions and there are no scroll bars...

I hope the developers see this and fix it.
I have attached some print screens where the problem is visible.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 035.png (137.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Picture 036.png (150.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Picture 037.png (159.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
did i miss something? who says this game is coming out soon? i didnt see any info leading to this conclusion
It's a sneak release.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrainmaker View Post
It's a sneak release.
Like all Kairosoft games
They are ninja developers.

Last edited by Broodstar; 04-20-2012 at 04:18 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 PM

My second favourite Kairosoft title so far (favourite is Game Dev or Mega Mall), but several things really don't make any sense:
- You're in a space colony, yet you fight with clubs, knives and swords? The best weapon you can invent is a sword?? Some medieval space colony?
- You're in a space colony, yet all the enemies are pigs, chickens, snakes, fantasy spirits and snowmen??
- The economy in the game is near-useless. I don't bother making money off of those exporters or factories at all. 90%+ of my income come from explorations and fights. Think about it, every week you make like 15k off of one exporter + 2-3 fields connected to it, yet every fight yields you 5000k, every exploration stage sometimes yields you 500-1000k?
- Inviting people is way too expensive. Most people in later planets will cost 200-500 research points each to invite. You only make like 500-1000 research points per in-game year (I have an almost full map), yet there are like 40-50 to invite... The funny thing is most of these invitees are near useless. A level 3 invitee with the stats of a level 1 cost like 200 research points, pure waste of resources.