Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Reviewed as CodyDeluxe in the US Appstore.

Quote:
This Alarm Clock app is the best by far. It really keeps you track on things and the app provides calm and peaceful tunes to wake you up as an alarm compared to your regular beep beep annoying alarm. I like this App because it also keeps track on your sleep phases and disturbances at night; and you can also use your own songs in your library as a wake up alarm. But I like the preset alarms that comes with this app just the way it is, cause its really calming and I'd rather wake up feeling at peace rather than annoyed because of a loud repetitive alarm. It's a good App overall, its easy to use and will wake you up healthy and happy at the sametime.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Review as Nishimare on US Store.

The Amazing Magical App

Quote:
The most magical app for me , having insomnia and not able to sleep well even slept for long hours. Have been using this app for quite some month and i really saw improvement and i felt more energetic when i woke up. Usually i will still laying on bed after i open up my eyes because i felt tired but now not anymore with this app monitoring the sleep cycle and hours everyday. Glad i have back to normal sleeping time and woke up earlier without feeling any tired ! My best investment so far with this app!!!! This app has been getting better with each update. Very worth the money spend.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

reviewed as dreadnok
Quote:
Best Alarm Plus
The name says it all it's a Smart Alarm meaning you get so much more than a great alarm clock

First off you get different Alarm Modes that registers any and all disturbances while you sleep, monitor sleep cycles, and wake you up before or at the exact time you set. You get different set tracks to use, Chillout tracks which play before you go to sleep, then there's Wake up tracks that can be set to start playing when the alarm sets off, you can set how long they play and even use songs from your IPod as your tracks even Audio books.

The apps records and stores statistics about how you sleep each night , you also get a 24-hour mode.Its a great app I get more than I could ever want in an Alarm

I'm glad it has the snooze function but the one thing missing is the ability to set more than one alarm, and the ability to choose the clock theme and you can select any of your pictures to use as the background like the Ipad version would be great then you could have a slideshow mode with your pictures for some reason that puts me right to sleep
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Reviewed updated as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

Quote:
Precise and easy to use!
Smart alarm clock is all in one clock that not only keeps track of your sleep cycles but also records all noises that disturbs your sleep and show it in form of various graphs so that you can fine tune your surroundings which in turn ensures a healthy sleep. The app has over 20 in built tunes with an option to add your own along with option to share your stats via social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. The newly added meditation audios and Binaural beats is also a welcome change.

Some suggestions which I believe if incorporated can make this app even better are:-
1) It would be great if the app offers some sleep tips to promote a healthy, sleep-filled, lifestyle.
2) Some games can be added to increase the versatility of the app like where users try and touch a moving target on the screen right after waking up. If they slept well, they will be more alert and do better playing the game while a lower score indicates a poor night's sleep and grogginess.
3) I would love to see some clock themes as well as option to set multiple alarms being added as future update.
4) Lastly it would be great if we had matching background wallpapers (even better if background’s could be animated) to the different inapp track’s like fireplace, rainforest, Niagara.

Overall, one of those apps which will become an integral part of your daily routine.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Review on the Singapore store as Vigram

Quote:
Title: It really is smart!
Rated: 5 Stars

When i downloaded this alarm clock app in the start I was a bit skeptical, But after a few days of using this app I would say this is personally for me one of the most useful app on my phone, As I’m a late sleeper and I have to wake up so early in the mornings and this app has helped me a lot in waking up in time.

But the alarm function is just a small feature in this wonderful app, it monitors your sleep cycles and phases, it records noises which cause you disturbances at nights and you can playback it the next morning and ensure it doesn’t disturb your sleep at nights again.

The alarm clock has 20 inbuilt tones to wake you up, and best of all you can also add your own tracks on your iPhone/iPod as a wake up tone which is pretty cool. You can also buy new tones via iAP if you like, but I was satisfied with the inbuilt tones

There are only two features I would like the developers to implement in the app in a future update:
1. Multiple alarms
2. A digital clock
But even without those features this app easily deserves 5 Stars and I recommend it to everyone to check out this fantastic alarm clock.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

reviewed as deadpuma on US Store
Quote:
Great alarm clock app!
This is the best alarm clock I've ever seen in the AppStore! Very cool interface, very simple to use! This alarm app is very functionality app. There are a lot of great functions such as perfect algorithm of monitoring sleep cycles, absolutely great visual statistics, recording noise. There is also nice relaxing sounds which one helps to you to fall asleep in insomnia. You can also use your own music from iPod library. Very useful app for monitoring your sleep! So if you are looking for alarm app this is what you need! Definetely recommend this app! Worth it!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 AM

Reviewed at "LethalApple" - US iTunes Store.

Quote:
When I'm looking for an app, features are always the most important. No point in having something if it isn't useful, especially if you have to pay for it. This is something that is definitely useful, and with all of the features that if offers, it has something that will make it useful to almost anyone. It's got lots of different uses, as people can either use it as an alarm, something to use to get to sleep, help to improve sleep or as a multi purpose tool with weather forecast and everything! While some apps just tend to offer a few features, this has got it all, and nothing has been done half-hearted, as everything is done well and has the things you would expect. Research has proven that going to sleep well and waking up at a good time when it's suited to you can really help out, so this app can really help to improve sleep and make me feel better… which is soooo worth paying the money for!!! I've tried this on iPad, and it really used the bigger screen well, and it's nice to see that on the iPhone the smaller screen has been catered for, with everything simple and well laid out rather than being confusing. It's got all the same great features, so it's still good on that point! Useless and well designed for the iPhone, with great looking user interface, this is a winner.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I got the same old "You must own this item to write a Customer Review. In order to write a Customer Review for this item you must have purchased or downloaded it." message.

It was so frustrating. I can even upgrade my review for the HD version, but not this time. I tried to review it on Windows in Parallels. But I got the same result. Do anyone know any workarounds? (If I get another code, maybe I will try to review it on another account.)

By the way, I recently find an interesting thing about this app. One day, I woke up too early, at 5:40. I got off the bed for a while and played Tiny Tower. And then I decided I should go to bed and sleep until the alarm clock rang. But the clock never rang. In fact, It recorded the last sleep session ended at 5:40. That's really smart! But I think I will appreciate if it could wake me up at the time I set. (By the way, I was using Full Mode.)

I hope you can add a notice in the app telling people if they wake up the app will automatically detect that and end the session, so the users will know they should set it up again.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

5 star review on US app store as _burn:

Quote:
This has become my default alarm clock. I have this app for both my iPhone and my iPad and love it. If you can't tell from the screenshots, this app is beautiful. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the design. It's funny, once you get used to using this and you go back and look at the default alarm app you wonder why anyone would use that thing. There is just so much this does ... the awesome sounds they found for it are amazing, the graphics and navigation are just beautiful, the ability to not only wake you up in the morning but it also has relaxing sounds to put you to sleep. One of the greatest things this app does is wake you up at the right time. You give it a window of when you want to get up and it will determine the best time to do so. And it doesn't just blare sounds at you, it starts quiet and slowly increases the volume so you wake up feeling rested.

Speaking of sounds, there are a few awesome games out there that were designed around binaural sounds .... and this app has them. I haven't tried them yet but they're on my wish list!

I love having this on my iPhone but I use the one on my iPad the most since it has a weather feed on it. It's nice knowing exactly what the weather is like right when I wake up. Sure, I could open another app, but it's much more convenient having it right there. Besides, I'm usually using the iPad at night anyway so it's just right there.

If I could make a few suggestions:
* Something I do when I first wake up is check my Facebook feed. Maybe you could incorporate a few options of what to do after you wake up like check the local news, read through your Facebook or Twitter updates, catch up on a few web comics ... basically something that will stimulate you and get your mind functioning before you get out of bed. For me, I have a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings even if I am getting up between sleep cycles.

Having something like "Good morning burn, I hope you slept well. How would you like to start your morning? Could I interest you in a little Facebook, maybe the local news, or perhaps you would like to see what Tycho and Gabe are up to today over at Penny Arcade?" would be awesome.

* Another thing that would be awesome is the ability to sync your settings (wake-up time, sound preferences, etc) via iCloud so you can make a change on the iPhone, and have that same change immediately synced to the iPad. For example, I mainly use my phone during the day and if I need to make an adjustment to my alarm it would be nice to make it on the phone and have it automatically synced to my iPad.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 PM

Still having problems posting reviews on apps I downloaded with promo codes. But here is my review and I will continue to try to post it on the app store, if I can it will be Kujen on US app store.

Quote:
Very interesting app! Does more than you'd think

This app is more than just an alarm clock. It actually monitors your sleep cycle by picking up on your movements throughout the night, which is pretty cool. It also records sounds that may be disturbing your sleep, causing you to wake up. A good way to prove to your partner how annoying their snoring is! It keeps a log of your statistics so you can monitor your sleep cycles over time. The alarm itself can be customized to play "chill out" tracks to relax you or "wake-up" tracks, to wake you up. You can also import your own music if you wish. The Smart Alarm Clock has a nice calm interface with cool-shade colors that won't hurt your eyes when you've just woken up.

I do have some recommendations I think would improve this app:

-There are already several different sensitivity settings, but I'd still like to see a higher one. Some people move around a lot at night and may want to keep their device further away from themselves so they don't roll over onto it. Currently it doesn't pick up movements well unless it is somewhat close to your body.
-Add more clock themes, maybe the ability to start with a set style and then choose your own colors or clock hands.
-I would also like to see an "alarm only" mode, for days where you don't feel the need to monitor your sleep cycle, and just want an alarm to wake you up.
-Alter the names of the alarm modes with a "/" or a "+" to make them more clear. For example, "sleep cycles + set alarm mode" instead of "sleep cycles set alarm mode"

Overall, it's a very interesting app for people who wish to monitor their sleep cycle, and also those who are just curious! It's also a great alarm clock. While the app could use some additions, it's pretty good as it is!

Last edited by kujen; 04-15-2012 at 01:18 PM..