Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Something that I don't understand. The text on the Wound cards state that during cleanup you can discard ALL of your wounds and get 2 cards for each such one discarded. However as soon as I drag one Wound up to the now highlighted area my turn ends immediately even if I have other Wound cards in my hand. Is this a bug or am I just not understanding how this works?

Also I really hope Playdek finally adds chat. I don't need to constantly be chatting, but if I have to step away for a while from a game that is being played live, I'd really like to be able to tell my opponents that instead of just disappearing.

Last edited by crunc; 04-13-2012 at 07:55 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Something that I don't understand. The text on the Wound cards state that during cleanup you can discard ALL of your wounds and get 2 cards for each such one discarded. However as soon as I drag one Wound up to the now highlighted area my turn ends immediately even if I have other Wound cards in my hand. Is this a bug or am I just not understanding how this works?

Also I really hope Playdek finally adds chat. I don't need to constantly be chatting, but if I have to step away for a while from a game that is being played live, I'd really like to be able to tell my opponents that instead of just disappearing.
You can only do that for one wound. It's there but somewhat obfuscated in the rules. Could be better written.

On another note, why do I continue to allow JJ McTeague to damage my own minions? Lol.

CHAT!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'm pretty sure you get 2 new cards per Wound discarded.

The reason your turn ends there crunc is because that is the final phase (Cleanup)...and you don't get to select each Wound you discard individually, because selecting that action (discarding Wounds for cards) automagically discards every Wound you have in hand for two new cards each.

If you then see you have more Wounds after this action following the Cleanup phase it is because you've drawn more from your deck.

At least, that was my understanding, however poorly I've tried to word it.
Help me out here if I'm wrong please.

Last edited by sladeums; 04-13-2012 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: added Wound card pic
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeums View Post
I'm pretty sure you get 2 new cards per Wound discarded.

The reason your turn ends there crunc is because that is the final phase (Cleanup)...and you don't get to select each Wound you discard individually, because selecting that action (discarding Wounds for cards) automagically discards every Wound you have in hand for two new cards each.

If you then see you have more Wounds after this action following the Cleanup phase it is because you've drawn more from your deck.

At least, that was my understanding, however poorly I've tried to word it.
Help me out here if I'm wrong please.
What I said. You can only use that effect once per turn. Pretty sure of that.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
What I said. You can only use that effect once per turn. Pretty sure of that.
Not sure if we are saying the same thing or not.

Here's a real life example of how I believe it works.

At the start of your Cleanup phase you have 4 Wounds in your hand.
You choose to discard Wounds for cards.
This throws away 4 Wounds netting you 8 new cards in return.

Now among those 8 new cards you might end up with more Wounds in your hand, but you can't turn these in for more cards because the effect can only be used once per turn.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Oooooohhh. So I actually am discarding all of them by playing one of them. The game doesn't make that too clear at all. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

right.
You're not selecting a number of Wound cards or anything, just activating the effect :

"You may discard ALL Wounds from your hand AND draw 2 cards for EACH."

Then your turn ends.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Tecwrt!!!
I have a problem in our last game (btw, I'm immensely enjoying our games, I'm learning a lot).
The game says it is my turn and I can 'move' your minion, but I can't do anything. On screen seems it is your turn.
Any idea?
Can you check the game? Maybe just entering will unlock something...or it is a bug.

(on iPhone I do not know how to embed images)
Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
iPhone 5

while not trying to look for any excuse, perhaps a colorblind indicator of the moon would be nice? e.g. Y for yellow, R for red?

need a little bit of help from the dev here please.......

so far I've only won 1 game against Scarypharoah and i think that was pure luck as i'm able to chain together some 5 minions for big damage, other than that... players here just steam rolled me.. LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Tecwrtr has slaughtered me every time so far. LOL.

I'm surprised with how well this game plays asynch. Occasionally you get a slow exchange of turns when chaining, but mostly the game seems to move ahead pretty well. Once you figure the game out, it's definitely a fun one. I do find it harder to play on iPhone, though, just because everything is so small. Particularly I find myself going back and forth between cards to make sure I'm getting ones that chain well together. More fun on iPad.