App description: The sun has retreated from the earth, a week ago it shone its last, and now chaos has begun. People fear for their existence, and while scientists struggle to explain the phenomenon, the creatures of nightmare began to appear. Fear the Night!

Gamezebo: 5 Stars - Playdek has once again hit it out of the park.
Appolicious: 4.5 out 5
Nerd Appropriate: Nightfall on iOS is a great way to play cards with friends when you cant get a gaming crew together.

New In-App Purchase Expansion: Nightfall: Martial Law

Nightfall: Martial Law introduces many new characters, actions and new color combinations for creating chains and achieving kickers. Martial Law will also introduce the new "Feed" mechanic which will allow players to get even more uses out of their orders. The game also brings to the table a new Wound effect that is sure to surprise opponents.

In Nightfall, players must master hordes of ghouls, vampires and werewolves as they struggle to gain control of a post-apocalyptic world.

Begin with a set of starter Minions then draft cards into your private Archives, play cards into the Chain in order to maximize the effectiveness of your cards and Claim new Minions and Actions to pit against your foes. Attack your opponents every round in an effort to weaken your rivals. Time is limited and only mastering all Phases of the game will leave you standing as the victor at the end of the game.

Nightfall for iOS brings AEG's modern horror game to select iPods, iPhones and iPads.

HIGHLIGHTS
New In-App Purchase: Martial Law expansion!
Achievements and un-lockable Promo Cards
-Ahmad Hassan
-Desperate Measures
-Pale Fury
Asynchronous multiplayer with game timers
Two start-game modes: Quick Play and Draft
Play with open Wound counts or traditional hidden Wounds

FEATURES
Supports 1-5 players (human and/or AI)
3 levels of AI
Asynchronous multiplayer online games
Play against others with pass and play multiplayer
Player Profiles
Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play
Maintain and save multiple games
Automatic shuffling, cleanup and scoring
Universal App

Also by Playdek
Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Food Fight iOS; Can't Stop; Fluxx; Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Something that I don't understand. The text on the Wound cards state that during cleanup you can discard ALL of your wounds and get 2 cards for each such one discarded. However as soon as I drag one Wound up to the now highlighted area my turn ends immediately even if I have other Wound cards in my hand. Is this a bug or am I just not understanding how this works?

Also I really hope Playdek finally adds chat. I don't need to constantly be chatting, but if I have to step away for a while from a game that is being played live, I'd really like to be able to tell my opponents that instead of just disappearing.

Last edited by crunc; 04-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.
04-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Something that I don't understand. The text on the Wound cards state that during cleanup you can discard ALL of your wounds and get 2 cards for each such one discarded. However as soon as I drag one Wound up to the now highlighted area my turn ends immediately even if I have other Wound cards in my hand. Is this a bug or am I just not understanding how this works?

Also I really hope Playdek finally adds chat. I don't need to constantly be chatting, but if I have to step away for a while from a game that is being played live, I'd really like to be able to tell my opponents that instead of just disappearing.
You can only do that for one wound. It's there but somewhat obfuscated in the rules. Could be better written.

On another note, why do I continue to allow JJ McTeague to damage my own minions? Lol.

CHAT!

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!

04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure you get 2 new cards per Wound discarded.

The reason your turn ends there crunc is because that is the final phase (Cleanup)...and you don't get to select each Wound you discard individually, because selecting that action (discarding Wounds for cards) automagically discards every Wound you have in hand for two new cards each.

If you then see you have more Wounds after this action following the Cleanup phase it is because you've drawn more from your deck.

At least, that was my understanding, however poorly I've tried to word it.
Help me out here if I'm wrong please.

Last edited by sladeums; 04-13-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added Wound card pic
04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeums View Post
I'm pretty sure you get 2 new cards per Wound discarded.

The reason your turn ends there crunc is because that is the final phase (Cleanup)...and you don't get to select each Wound you discard individually, because selecting that action (discarding Wounds for cards) automagically discards every Wound you have in hand for two new cards each.

If you then see you have more Wounds after this action following the Cleanup phase it is because you've drawn more from your deck.

At least, that was my understanding, however poorly I've tried to word it.
Help me out here if I'm wrong please.
What I said. You can only use that effect once per turn. Pretty sure of that.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
What I said. You can only use that effect once per turn. Pretty sure of that.
Not sure if we are saying the same thing or not.

Here's a real life example of how I believe it works.

At the start of your Cleanup phase you have 4 Wounds in your hand.
You choose to discard Wounds for cards.
This throws away 4 Wounds netting you 8 new cards in return.

Now among those 8 new cards you might end up with more Wounds in your hand, but you can't turn these in for more cards because the effect can only be used once per turn.
04-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Oooooohhh. So I actually am discarding all of them by playing one of them. The game doesn't make that too clear at all. Thanks for the clarification.
04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
right.
You're not selecting a number of Wound cards or anything, just activating the effect :

"You may discard ALL Wounds from your hand AND draw 2 cards for EACH."

Then your turn ends.
04-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Tecwrt!!!
I have a problem in our last game (btw, I'm immensely enjoying our games, I'm learning a lot).
The game says it is my turn and I can 'move' your minion, but I can't do anything. On screen seems it is your turn.
Any idea?
Can you check the game? Maybe just entering will unlock something...or it is a bug.

(on iPhone I do not know how to embed images)
04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
while not trying to look for any excuse, perhaps a colorblind indicator of the moon would be nice? e.g. Y for yellow, R for red?

need a little bit of help from the dev here please.......

so far I've only won 1 game against Scarypharoah and i think that was pure luck as i'm able to chain together some 5 minions for big damage, other than that... players here just steam rolled me.. LOL

GameCenter ID: kitkeat
Fav multiplayer iOS game: Penny Arcade The Game:Gamers vs Evil,Ascension,SummonerWars, Heuroshima Hex,Hero Academy,Nightfall,Tickets to ride
Invite me to a game
04-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Tecwrtr has slaughtered me every time so far. LOL.

I'm surprised with how well this game plays asynch. Occasionally you get a slow exchange of turns when chaining, but mostly the game seems to move ahead pretty well. Once you figure the game out, it's definitely a fun one. I do find it harder to play on iPhone, though, just because everything is so small. Particularly I find myself going back and forth between cards to make sure I'm getting ones that chain well together. More fun on iPad.