Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok take back what I said about rating this 5 stars.
While the buying interface is sluggish but works the selling interface is a nightmare to use. I am in awe of the many players who have managed to put cards up for sale.

Would it have been so hard to link the price input to the keyboard?
If price up down buttons must be used they should have one for each type of units.

Near as I can figure holding down the button makes the price change in ones for 10 units then 10s for another 50 units then it jumps to 100s.
So I can set a price of 200, 220 or 400 but entering 270 took me 5 minutes.

Maybe I should be grateful I've got so few surplus rares to sell.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post
Ok take back what I said about rating this 5 stars.
While the buying interface is sluggish but works the selling interface is a nightmare to use. I am in awe of the many players who have managed to put cards up for sale.

Would it have been so hard to link the price input to the keyboard?
If price up down buttons must be used they should have one for each type of units.

Near as I can figure holding down the button makes the price change in ones for 10 units then 10s for another 50 units then it jumps to 100s.
So I can set a price of 200, 220 or 400 but entering 270 took me 5 minutes.

Maybe I should be grateful I've got so few surplus rares to sell.
I've had no issue selling, nor setting a price. I assume 5 mins is an exagation and youre just frustrated with the microwave clock settings used to set prices.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok I exaggerated slightly. Just added 4 more types of cards to the market. Timed it. It took me 2 minutes per card even though this time I knew what to expect. That's way too slow.

I don't get it. Buying and selling in Urban Rivals used to take me 5-10 seconds per card.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post
Ok I exaggerated slightly. Just added 4 more types of cards to the market. Timed it. It took me 2 minutes per card even though this time I knew what to expect. That's way too slow.

I don't get it. Buying and selling in Urban Rivals used to take me 5-10 seconds per card.
agreed
Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Sorry for you, I know it's laggy, but I can set like 40-50 sells in like 10 minutes while watching tv. Guess everyone gets different results. I wouldn't mind it being faster though, devs did say they'll implement it differently in an update. They were gonna implement it without the freeze lag but they ran outta time.

Last edited by Tuism; 04-15-2012 at 02:02 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 AM
iPhone 4

Agreed. I get tremendous lag and it seems slightly counter intuitive.
It's possibly the lag but very often I'll be on one card and it will just flick acros 5 cards up the list randomly
Old 04-15-2012, 04:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuism View Post
Sorry for you, I know it's laggy, but I can set like 40-50 sells in like 10 minutes while watching tv. Guess everyone gets different results. I wouldn't mind it being faster though, devs did say they'll implement it differently in an update. They were gonna implement it without the freeze lag but they ran outta time.
A large factor is how fussy you are about prices. If you're happy to use the current price +/- 10% it's pretty quick.
My troubles occur when I want to set the price at 180% of current lowest. 265 is particularly hard to enter.

The lag just baffles me. Surely it doesn't need to communicate with the server until I finish putting in the price.

Despite my complaints I had a wonderful time playing all afternoon. Well past my usual 14 games it takes to earn 500 credits. There's some fantastic variety of decks out there at the moment.

Now if I could just convince my friends to try the game again...
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 PM

I came back since the market is here as promised. However, I see no reason to stick around. Game is identical to what it was on day one. If you don't play counter or discard you lose. That's fair in some sense, but know the discard decks are just out of control seeing as they have 5 of each.

Game has potential, but it it comes up short in the diversity department.

BTW: I have probably 200 invested and 5 of each, so its not that I don't have the cards. Its that the game is boring and forces you to play one way if you want to be competitive. If I decide to continue playing, I will most likely afk anyone who plays discard, as its to easy to lock down anymore.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Interesting... I loathe going up against discard decks. Once I would have gone AFK, now I simply quit and find a new game.

I'm really happy with the variety, under 20% of opponents run discard.

Opponents Decks:
Noble rush - rare these days, finally we can all move away from this.
Lanz rush
Thieves + tricks control deck
Media rush
Endless small sites
Cash boom then 2x 5+ sites - common, enough that I'm considering anti site cards in all my builds
Scholar endless draw deck, often done with no purpose.
Guild hall / Juno
FF instant win - surprisingly uncommon, possibly because it's boring.
Many more. This game has a surprising number of distinctly different viable decks. Shame it took so long to get an auction house so everyone could use them.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Yep there is amazing variety in the field right now. There is fast rush in almost every major color/skill (militants, official, thieves, nobles, discard agents) counter and discard are just halves to some decks, there are site decks coming out of the woodworks - big ones, small ones, combo ones, femme Fatale is too slow to win generally but super fun, my black green control is my strongest deck right now after dio's hulk deck invented a few months back and tweaked for today...

And the best thing is they can all win, unless matched up against their natural predator or has a bad hand. The balance right now is something mtg never had achieved without 10 sets and a hundred banned cards.

I could go on forever but I'm gonna stop, cos if you still think counter or discard is all ppl are playing you haven't really been playing online versus matches