• Publisher: DFC Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 28.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Watch the gameplay videos at the official site: www.dfcgames.com
"Crash Course" is a fast-paced arcade space shooter. It is similar to the classic "Asteroids" titles.

-----------------------------------------------

"Crash Course almost belongs on another console altogether, making it a small victory to get to play a game this beautiful and exciting game on the go." by Andrew Nesvadba / AppSpy.com -

"Thanks to James Cameron 3D is all the rage right now and it seems some app developers are jumping onto the bandwagon. 'Crash Course' is an Asteroids style game that implements 3D for those that want it." by Chris Thomas / AppGamer.net

"Crash Course : le shoot qui ramasse la mise" by iMike, Bebop / FunTouch.net - 9/10

"Crash Course is a very fun game, with lots of ways to play."
by Richy / AllTechRelated.com -

"A well-executed iPhone homage to an innovative twin-stick arcade shooter." by Ryan Hewson / GameZebo.com -

"The graphics in this game are immensely great. The planets are well rendered with amazing fog effects in the atmosphere and well rendered enemies to match. Even with all these graphical effects, the game plays extremely smoothly on my second generation iPod touch."
Jacques Burdet / TouchAholics.com -

FEATURES
- Swarms of asteroids and hordes of deadly enemies.
- 3 fully upgradeable spectacular weapons.
- Stunning visual effects.
- Online high scores.
- Casual, Arcade and Survival game modes.
- Customizable graphical details.
- 3D anaglyph glasses support. RED/CYAN, GREEN/MAGENTA.

STORY
They came from deepest space. A massive armada of alien vessels hidden amongst a cluster of asteroids. Their targets: vulnerable human colonists situated on unprotected planets. You are the only ship in the area capable of destroying the alien armada and saving the humans. Are you up for the challenge?
04-11-2012, 08:37 AM
@Dev: I turned this off almost immediately upon seeing advertisements plastered over the top of the playing area. If you have such little respect for your own game, I see no reason to invest any of my time.
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
@Dev: I turned this off almost immediately upon seeing advertisements plastered over the top of the playing area. If you have such little respect for your own game, I see no reason to invest any of my time.
Project description on App Store is updated:
"TIP
Click on a banner to deactivate all Ads for current game session."

Crash Course 3D : ICE / iOS, Android, OSX
- dual stick arcade space shooter
- 3D anaglyph glasses support!
- Stunning visual effects

04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiboss View Post
Project description on App Store is updated:
"TIP
Click on a banner to deactivate all Ads for current game session."
I really like the gameplay. The game looks amazing. Can't wait to see other planets. Regarding the ads, if it was any other game - I would delete it immediately without a second look. The only reason I haven't done it here is because I fell in love with the original game and have been hoping for retina version for ages.
How many people actually read the full description of a game before playing it? I don't think many do. A lot of people would simply delete the game if they see ads in the playing area. My personal opinion is that ads should be restricted to the menus so that players can enjoy the game and hopefully like it enough to pay for the full version. I think that ads in the playing area would be counter productive in the long run.
I wish good luck to the dev, as this game at its core is one of the best dual stick shooters in the app store.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
04-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Very nice game! Can't wait for the full version and it's really cool that its free. The gameplay is very enjoyable and the visuals are great! Nice work!
04-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone!

Android version is just published. For this occasion, Crash Course (old version) is available today for FREE!

04-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Disabled Ads for a few days.
Let me know how the game runs on your iOS and Android devices.

04-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiboss View Post
Disabled Ads for a few days.
Let me know how the game runs on your iOS and Android devices.
Much better without ads. Thanks. The gameplay is flawless.
Couple of minor points:
The names of power ups are hard to read. Also, sometimes power ups fall on top of each other and its really hard to tell what they are. Other than that it's good.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
yes, much, much better. no more lagging or frameskips...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
04-15-2012, 05:10 AM
So... I was playing a Survival Mode game, and found it kind of hard to know if my weapons were fully powered up.

Something that Space Trooper USA did (another dual stick shooter taking place on a 3D planet...) was make it so that once your weapons were all the way powered up, those upgrades wouldn't show up anymore...

Not saying that you should do the exact same thing, but maybe change the color of the text, so that you know picking up the power up won't increase your firepower because it's already fully powered up or something along rose lines might be nice.

Also, I just found my old pair of red/blue 3D glasses... The game looks great in 3D

=oD

Last thing... I really like the look of the joysticks in the original Crash Course... We're you planning on changing the look of these sticks? Right now they just seem kinda flat. The original sticks had personality. =oP

Great game! Definitely going to purchase the full version when it's released. Looks great on my iPad. =o)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
04-15-2012, 01:33 PM
When maximum weapon level is reached, then each next "upgrade" activates power damage powerup. Remember that weapon is downgraded on several game modes (when spaceship is destroyed).

3D default settings are optimized for more "depth" feeling. In CC SD version, it was set to be more readable for beginners, but it can be easily configured to get the same effect.

Thanks for a tip regarding virtual sticks