Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yeah, was interested... Even after MCs impressions... Until the shill posts...

Almost nothing turns me off more
Old 03-24-2012, 08:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hi again, I'm sorry about those comments on both post (iPhone and iPad versions). That's what happens when you ask people to leave a comment. The comment, but only by compromise. (My error)

We (as a team) just want to hear user opinions, no spam comments. To help us doing this I'll give 3 promo codes of each version for the first users to contact me using a private message.

A total of 6 promotional codes would be given free for touch arcade users, so they can test the game and give us their feedback.

I'll publish the same on the iPad post, so the first 6 users to contact me get a free copy of the game. (Please indicate on the message wich version are you interested in, or if you are interested on both. On that case you will get 2x options)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitomule View Post
We (as a team) just want to hear user opinions, no spam comments. To help us doing this I'll give 3 promo codes of each version for the first users to contact me using a private message.
PM sent, thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I actually did too. Pretty excited to check this out.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

PM sent
Old 03-25-2012, 09:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The giveaway is ended for both versions. I'll send the promotional codes to the winners and publish their names here so anyone can know who they are.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The winners of the iPhone version are:

Exact-Psience
CygnetSeven
speed4mee

And two extra codes for:

Echoseven
Trev1

Hope you all enjoy the game
Old 03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Alrighty... Well, I just started, but some things right off the bat;

You can not change direction while in the air
You can not attack while in the air

With so many other platformers letting you do these things, it can get frustraiting not having these 'abilities' here in Clippox...

I'll play more and post more impressions soon... But I just wanted to get those two things outta the way.

**edit**

A couple more things...

When you go off the edge of a cliff, you fall straight down instead of keeping the inertia of your movement before the fall...

And when you run out of HP, your taken to a Game Over screen that you can not skip through... Takes about 5 seconds to play the music there, and then youre taken right back to the beginning of the screen where you died (with each screen about as big as an LOE stage)...

Things like this really do bring the quality of the game down quite a bit... So no matter how nice the graphics look, it still feels clunky and unprofessional.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 03-25-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alrighty... Well, I just started, but some things right off the bat;

You can not change direction while in the air
You can not attack while in the air
You can change the direction while in the air, just use the direction arrows. Clippox isn't a platform arcade game, so jumps are no so arcade like in other games.

There's also a trick, that I'm revealing here for the first time: There's a jump gesture. Just draw a line on the screen from the character to the direction you want to jump. Try it, short jumps would be easier with that gesture.

And Yes, you can't attack while in Air. All the team suggested to included that feature, but in a Game like clippox with such big textures for each character or enemy we can't fit the requiered images for the attack while jump animation.

The other reason to not include attack while in the air is that gameplay doesn't require it. There's only one enemy on the air, and they are prepared to be killed used any of the 3 attack magics.

Quote:

When you go off the edge of a cliff, you fall straight down instead of keeping the inertia of your movement before the fall...
That was one of the hardest things to code on Clippox Exodus game. The pyramidal form of the character causes lot's of visual problems when you're near a border, like half of the character outside the platform. We fixed that including an slide border on all the platforms. I don't think that's a problem once you discover it and keep it in mind while playing. You're playing with a Clippox Shaman, not with the last arcade action character, borders are dangerous for you

Quote:

And when you run out of HP, your taken to a Game Over screen that you can not skip through... Takes about 5 seconds to play the music there, and then youre taken right back to the beginning of the screen where you died (with each screen about as big as an LOE stage)...
Again, texture sizes problems come back to show fails. We know that death times are slow, but there's not way to fix it as we need to reload some textures, reset enemys. We wanted to create a classic and difficult game. Player should try not do die. In the other hand, screens are really small, so any player won't find it any problem to complete each one.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey! Just wanna let you all know that we have a facebook page now where we will be posting art and other interesting things from the game.

https://www.facebook.com/clippox