App description: App Store iPhone Game of the Week in more than 70 countries! - April 2011
"Weve seen clever puzzle games before, but weve never seen anything like this." AppSmile
"Percepto is an excellent little puzzle game that feels perfect for iOS devices" GamePro

Bruce has fallen asleep and finds himself in a strange room that can be flattened to two dimensions. Help him find his way to the door by rotating the room and compressing to a new point of view.

Once you've mastered the basics of rotating the room, you'll encounter new puzzle elements that will force you to think in 3D, but move in 2D. Moving blocks can carry you to your destination, but only after they have been turned on using a button! Green blocks enable you to see through other blocks like they aren't even there.

After you've solved each room, play it again for the perfect moves challenge

danielhooper's comments:



Itunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/percepto/id419502225?mt=8


Hey Everyone, today I released Percepto on the App Store. I'm really excited about it and looking forward to what all of you have to say about the game. It's on sale this week!

Edit: Just released Version 2.0 that brings iPad support, Game Center, new graphics, Moving blocks, new levels and more! Let me know what you think!
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
#81
Joined: May 2011
Location: San francisco
Posts: 77
"crush" would be the name of the psp game that came out a few years back that everyone keeps alluding to, but doesn't seem to remember the title. It's major difference would be that it was in true 3d and scenes could be seen from all sides including the top view.
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
#82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
the claim that the new aesthetic has "screwed the game" and won't attract new people is incorrect
I see. Based on positive feedback from a loud minority and the dev himself. You know, the original responses weren't so bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
If preference wasn't the issue, you wouldn't be here expressing discontent that your preference is no longer being catered to. This doesn't change the general nature of your argument, of course, but it's best to be precise.
To be precise, I'm here because I find fascinating that some devs just change the art style of their games months after their initial releases. I find it so fascinating that I can forgive their "wrong assumptions". The game is good, but not THAT good to be offended by these changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
the only real important piece of information to note here is
You may not see it, but your sentences are dripping from self-confidence. It's really persuasive.

Oh, and the final slap on the dev is also brilliant.

EDIT: That last part was a bit rude, soz. Don't meant to be mean.

Another thing: just look at the old and the new app icon. Frankly, in the first place, I downloaded the game because I liked the icon (it happens a lot). It was simple, it was elegant, it represented the essence of the game. Now the new icon just won't cut it.

Last edited by Fimb; 03-08-2012 at 03:59 AM.

03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
#83
Great game. Any chance achievements will be added via Game Center?

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
03-08-2012, 07:55 AM
#84
I've considered it, however I'm not convinced it's worth it; what do you think? Do you enjoy getting achievements in iOS games?
03-08-2012, 08:05 AM
#85
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,223
^I'm not a fan myself but i must admit on these boards a lot of people really like game centre achievements which i still find surprising.
03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
#86
Had fun,while it lasted Amy chance of adding more levels to the game? Felt a bit too short,and I'm not really into starring every level as its just a matter of doing the same puzzle faster.
03-31-2012, 06:58 PM
#87
A great puzzler. I like the new style, but enjoy the old as well, just not the old timer. I'm going to keep both versions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM
#88
I can't believe I did not discover this game until now.

What a neat puzzle mechanic!

I read the previous posts about the art style. For me, it matters little because neither appears to be obstructing (or enhancing) the core mechanic. The newer graphics have a bit more personality, though I concur with the developer's aim in the update.

Great work, Daniel!
07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
#89
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhooper View Post
I've considered it, however I'm not convinced it's worth it; what do you think? Do you enjoy getting achievements in iOS games?
about tht, yes... achievements in iOS games have driven sales like crazy, Jetpack Joyride is the Best example!

on another note...
Dang! this needs a minimum of iOS 5 now :/

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys

Last edited by ultimo; 07-23-2012 at 02:54 PM.
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
#90
Skip. Skip. Don't know much about the previous negative this or that. No idea what it looked like before. Don't care.

The game is good. I like the icon. I really like the game.

A big thank you to the dev.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.