★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,325
Speaking of Dungeon Hunter, are there any psp equivalent games that are available that are like it? I like this style of rpg rather than Jrpg.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
04-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Speaking of Dungeon Hunter, are there any psp equivalent games that are available that are like it? I like this style of rpg rather than Jrpg.
There are some like Untold Legends 1 & 2 or Dungeon Seige but I don't think they are on the PS Store so it is just a matter of waiting.

Been playing Plants vs Zombies again lately, loving the Vita version. I think it was worth the $15.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)

04-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,070
Amazing someone would choose a badly rated gameloft title over a disgaea title I think I'm in the twilight zone but I suppose to be fair it was a title I didn't play myself for quite a while due to the weird name but if levelling is your thing there is no better series of games.

I'm pretty addicted to Disgaea 2 at the moment the plot isn't as funny as the first one but it isn't bad and the actual game mechanics are very cool I'm actually not in a hurry for the third now although I'll definitely be buying it.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
04-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Amazing someone would choose a badly rated gameloft title over a disgaea title I think I'm in the twilight zone but I suppose to be fair it was a title I didn't play myself for quite a while due to the weird name but if levelling is your thing there is no better series of games.

I'm pretty addicted to Disgaea 2 at the moment the plot isn't as funny as the first one but it isn't bad and the actual game mechanics are very cool I'm actually not in a hurry for the third now although I'll definitely be buying it.
I agree, I'm glad I held off from buying Dungeon Hunter. I would rather pick up a PSP title to tie me over but now that Disgaea is around the corner I'm happy.


So anyone know how to unlock Retro soundtrack in Super Stardust Delta? I was unlocking stuff randomly when I started the game up but after the orchestral one nothing pops up anymore.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Amazing someone would choose a badly rated gameloft title over a disgaea title I think I'm in the twilight zone but I suppose to be fair it was a title I didn't play myself for quite a while due to the weird name but if levelling is your thing there is no better series of games.

I'm pretty addicted to Disgaea 2 at the moment the plot isn't as funny as the first one but it isn't bad and the actual game mechanics are very cool I'm actually not in a hurry for the third now although I'll definitely be buying it.
Depends on your preference. I think every turn-based and real-time strategy game is horrible. Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, StarCraft. It's all equally unbearable to me. I can't pull the trigger on Dungeon Hunter for $40.00 though. Strange thing about the now defunct Gameloft Premium titles. They were technically sound, for the most part, but never really fun to play. And yet you played them anyway, even though they weren't that fun, and you were 't sure why you were playing. They were rarely more then $6.99.
04-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 747
I really want Warrior's Lair (Ruin) but it got delayed and switched developers. It looks like it's going to be a good dungeon crawling game, but as far as I know there isn't a release date yet. Was supposed to be a launch window title but... Yeah.
04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Speaking of Dungeon Hunter, are there any psp equivalent games that are available that are like it? I like this style of rpg rather than Jrpg.
You want Final Fantasy Crisis Core. Unfortunately, it is only on UMD.
04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
You want Final Fantasy Crisis Core. Unfortunately, it is only on UMD.
Not very similar really, I was never a crisis core fan despite that being the reason I bought a PSP it's worth playing for the story if your a ff7 fan like me however I don't think much of the actual gameplay.

Dungeon Siege (throne of agony) was a very good PSP game in the Diablo style however I'm unsure if it's on PSN but it's the only one that comes to mind and it is one I've played myself.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Alienville
Posts: 239
The Third Birthday (Parisite Eve 3) is a blast on psvita.
I thought the Dungeon Siege psp was an average game full of alot of glitches/bugs,nothing as good as the pc versions.
Silverfall was pretty good although it got mixed reviews.
The untold legends series was also fun(way too easy for my taste), but super cheap if you buy it on umd for the psp 3000.
Dungeon Explorer was the closest to a diablo clone.
Alien Syndrome was also on the psp(more like a twin stick shooter).

Gods Eater is also a great game,worth a look.

Last edited by earthclaw; 04-16-2012 at 01:03 AM.
04-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
The Third Birthday (Parisite Eve 3) is a blast on psvita.
I thought the Dungeon Siege psp was an average game full of alot of glitches/bugs,nothing as good as the pc versions.
Silverfall was pretty good although it got mixed reviews.
The untold legends series was also fun(way too easy for my taste), but super cheap if you buy it on umd for the psp 3000.
Dungeon Explorer was the closest to a diablo clone.
Alien Syndrome was also on the psp(more like a twin stick shooter).

Gods Eater is also a great game,worth a look.
Well I played it right through and can't remember any glitches or bugs I found it to be a pretty enjoyable hack and slash in my mind I think it's the best one on the PSP.

Anyway heres the metcritic reviews for it, some agree with you some with me so I guess it's subjective. metacritic

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out