iPhone: Medal of Gunner: Your Front Seat to DogFights is $.99

04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Medal of Gunner: Your Front Seat to DogFights is $.99

04-15-2012, 01:00 PM

04-15-2012, 07:26 PM
The game looks fun, but a whole ton of iap. Don't know if the game is worth it without spending a bunch on the iap's. If some games just offered premium versions with all that iap included I think I would like those games much more.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb
04-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
The game looks fun, but a whole ton of iap. Don't know if the game is worth it without spending a bunch on the iap's. If some games just offered premium versions with all that iap included I think I would like those games much more.
Dunno about you, but the IAP is quite fairly priced and placed.

Firstly, there are 3 categories of IAP offered in the game:
1. Special permanent buff items. These items cost quite a lot (app store standards) for a single purchase, such as +20% damage or +health.
2. Coins. Can be earned quite easily in normal gameplay. Used to purchase -
3. 1-mission use items. Can be purchased with coins, or permanently unlocked with IAP to be used for free.

Category 1 provides mild benefits and generally won't make a conspicuous difference to normal gameplay.
Coins are earned at a good pace with every mission, though not enough to sustain the player buying items for every mission.
Other than health upgrades, all other items provide marginal (but noticeable) benefits to the player. Totally pointless (or even useless) with skilled play and practice.

It's therefore totally possible to play the game free of IAP, albeit at a slight disadvantage from those who does.