Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Oldschool Football Manager by Karza Games out now!

Found a new Football Manager with appshopper. I asked the dev on his facebook page, if there will be any MP elements in the future. I hope he intends to add some
I will send him a link to this thread here, so that he can give answers to our questions. : )
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
iPhone 5s

Looks good, anyone tried it yet?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel56 View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Hello everybody, and thanks for playing our game.
We spent about a year in developing and finetuning KFM: we were inspired by our passion for soccer (although the team we root for is going through hard times... maybe this game was a way to let out our frustrations! )

About multiplayer: KFM was designed to be single player only, because we wanted the user to play as much as he wants, with his own pacing, without having to wait for the next live match.

This said, right now there are two mp elements:

1) when you have completed the game (you have 10 seasons to bring your team back to its glorious place) you can submit your score to us (a special button will appear in the club section). We will use this score in a global ladder that we are implementing right now.

2) The standard modules we have put in the game are general-purpose, but if you feel like, you can design your own module modelled on your players' characteristics.
Remember, it's not easy to design a module but the true manager can do it!
When you are satisfied with it you can save it on the Internet and you can obtain a unique code that identifies it.
You can share this code with your friends and you can also submit it to us: we'll evaluate it, and if we think it's good we will review it and share it on our official facebook page.
We might even ask you permission to put it in the next version of the game!!

We hope to add more in the future!

If you are interested in keeping in touch with us, please join our official facebook page, the game and the page are new and we need more "like!"
[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karza-Football-Manager/181270378656844[/url]

Thank you
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Today I received an eMail from the Dev. I post it here because he has some troubles with creating an account on TA

Quote:
Karza Football Manager wrote: "Hello Andreas and thanks
I've registered on TA forum and I tried to post a reply but it seems something went wrong (maybe I'm not authorized to reply because my account is too young?)

However this is what I replied, if you want post it in that thread.
Quote:

Hello everybody, and thanks for playing our game.
We spent about a year in developing and finetuning KFM: we were inspired by our passion for soccer (although the team we root for is going through hard times... maybe this game was a way to let out our frustrations! )

About multiplayer: KFM was designed to be single player only, because we wanted the user to play as much as he wants, with his own pacing, without having to wait for the next live match.

This said, right now there are two MP elements:

1) when you have completet the game (you have 10 seasons to bring your team back to its glorious place) you can submit your score to us (a special button will appear in the club section). We will use this score in a global ladder that we are implementing right now.

2) The standard modules we have put in the game are general-purpose, but if you feel like, you can design your own module modelled on your players' characteristics.
Remember, it's not easy to design a module but the true manager can do it!
When you are satisfied with it you can save it on the Internet and you can obtain a unique code that identifies it.
You can share this code with your friends and you can also submit it to us: we'll evaluate it, and if we think it's good we will review it and share it on our official facebook page.
We might even ask you permission to put it in the next version of the game!!

We hope to add more mp elements in the future!

If you are interested in keeping in touch with us, please join our official facebook page (the game and the page are really new so we need more "like!")
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karza-...81270378656844
Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM

The only positive review joined this month. Avoid those reviews like a kick to the head. Will wait for more feedback
Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I know i'm forever late with this but i'm downloading this and will play it for a few days and get back to posting impressions. I'll admit im worried that its only 22.8mb, acording to iTunes.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
I know i'm forever late with this but i'm downloading this and will play it for a few days and get back to posting impressions. I'll admit im worried that its only 22.8mb, acording to iTunes.
Worried why? :-)
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karza Games View Post
Worried why? :-)
You tend to see the rip-offs apps floating around at this kind of size, initially i was worried.

Right, down to the grinder.

The game itself is actually pretty neat, but i'm guessing it wasn't made by a native English speaker as some of the terminology in the game is exactly right, but it still makes sense. There are slight issues with some grammar too, but nothing major. Overall the menus are quite nice; they're low-key and are simple to navigate and the developer doesn't attempt to fill the screen space with useless junk.

The gameplay seems solid. When in a match all you see is the one screen which shows your team, their condition, any cards, any goals and any substitutions, the same screen also shows your subs on the bench. You can also see the oppositions team and their subs. At the top of the screen there is a button for subs and tactical changes to be made and in the same place is the timer showing each minute of the match except that it shows a for the time (alt code (Alt0176) for anyone who wanted to know) where instead i'd prefer it show a "57th minute" or something, but nevermind.

When your players, or the opposition, gets a chance at goal, or there is a highlight of the game, you will see a small pitch to the right of the top bar, with a ball indicating how close on goal they are. There is also a small commentry to detail what's happening. When the game ends you players are rated on their performance from 0 - 10 and you are shown the results from the other games in the league.

The training. The training is fairly simple. You can choose a specific role to focus the training on or spread it out so all roles train the same amount. You can choose 3 intensities (low, average, hard) the lowest resting the players more, but not increasing stats too much and the hardest increasing the stats more but not resting the players. Currently i still have my training set to balanced training with average intensity and my players tend to rise 0.2 in their rating every match/week.

Also, on the games screen, from where you manage your club, the game details a season taking 30 days? I think it means 30 weeks.

While the game is being played, you can send the commentry in an email to the developer and you can detail the corrections needed.

Choosing a Team: You can choose from 4 parts of a fantasy island. Either the North east, North West, South East or South West. There are many different teams within each section, each coming with their own difficulty rating, due to the amount of potential fans and other factors that are detailed when choosing the team. You can rename your team.

Things that need fixing/altering: The menus can be a tad slow for my liking and the "save game" option takes nearly 10 seconds to finish. The game needs to detail how money is earned and worked out per game.

Overall: The game is definately worth a look at for any football manager fans, and the game isn't licensed which is good or bad, depending on your view, but i prefer it in this game. Needs a couple of small adjustments but thats it.

4 Stars of 5 Stars
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
iPhone 5s

Thanks for the nice review, I'll be definitely checking it out at some point, especially if the dev's can address the minor issues your highlighted. I do appreciate your comments!