Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM

Just to say I personally don't give a damn about multiplayer on GSB or any other game for that matter. I just don't enjoy multiplayer games !

What I would like from this release.

Nice and stable.
Campaign would be awesome !
Retina icing on the cake.
Reasonably priced Iap.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:12 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud tiger View Post
Just to say I personally don't give a damn about multiplayer on GSB or any other game for that matter. I just don't enjoy multiplayer games !
To be fair, the way the multiplayer is implemented in GSB on PC is quite cool.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
To be fair, the way the multiplayer is implemented in GSB on PC is quite cool.
I just can't get into multiplayer. Been gaming since 1974 and always been the same.

Omg since 1974 ! When will I grow up lol ?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Any plans for a retina update?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Red Marble Games told be by mail that a retina update should come after the release of all the dlcs
Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
iPad mini

Speaking as someone who is not familiar with the PC version, I'm quite happy with what's in the iOS version (buggy though it may be). Still, multiplayer sounds awesome and would really put this game over the top, particularly in terms of replayability, though if they get the additional race expansions added, I'm sure I'll be playing for a while.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Tempted, but barred by the price and the crashes...

Last edited by currymutton; 04-15-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 AM

"Buggy initial release. How many iOS titles have you developed and released that we're bulletproof and airtight in ver. 1.0? This ain't Angry Birds or Doodle jumping army. I have a little more patience than a 3 year old. I am pleased that Red Marble has reacted so quickly to the worst of the bugs, and confident that they will get this sorted out."

Buggy releases, indie sympathy, maturation of the platform VERSUS "givemeretinanow", "givemymoneyback" attitude. It's such a big dilemma.

I see that you're on the developer's side, as we all are, but please understand: buggy initial releases are bad for the "quality indie games on a mature platform" image. They could test their stuff next time to avoid customer anger. For eight euros I presume stability -- at least the quality of SpaceChem. Yea, they will fix the bugs eventually. I seriously hope they will, because I can't play the game as it is (crashes EVERY time when I try to check things that are necessary to play the game properly).
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
"Buggy initial release. How many iOS titles have you developed and released that we're bulletproof and airtight in ver. 1.0? This ain't Angry Birds or Doodle jumping army. I have a little more patience than a 3 year old. I am pleased that Red Marble has reacted so quickly to the worst of the bugs, and confident that they will get this sorted out."

Buggy releases, indie sympathy, maturation of the platform VERSUS "givemeretinanow", "givemymoneyback" attitude. It's such a big dilemma.

I see that you're on the developer's side, as we all are, but please understand: buggy initial releases are bad for the "quality indie games on a mature platform" image. They could test their stuff next time to avoid customer anger. For eight euros I presume stability -- at least the quality of SpaceChem. Yea, they will fix the bugs eventually. I seriously hope they will, because I can't play the game as it is (crashes EVERY time when I try to check things that are necessary to play the game properly).
The bugs were annoying, but to their credit, they moved on them pretty quickly. I didn't expect the rotation bug or the crash bug to last longer than a few days because if the game is unplayable, they lose sales. It's a major inconvenience, especially when you shell out on the higher end of iOS game prices, but I kind of expect those complications from super small teams.

The lo-rez look of the game was a shocker. Same thing with the audio samples. I was annoyed because it seemed as if the devs made extra effort to keep the file size down. The game is currently one of the SMALLER games on my iPAD and it really shows. I mean, it's not like they were making it for iPHONE or iPOD Touch...if I'm buying an iPAD exclusive game, do it up! It's already ten bucks. I've already got one of the most expensive tablets on the market and I'm paying for one of the more expensive games on the store. Where's the logic in compressing the game such that it actually HURTS (imo) the quality of the game? I guess I expected a great looking and sounding hi-rez port with expansions to come later. Expansions that I would HAPPILY PAY FOR.

The game PLAYS great...but the lo-rez is really killing me. I can boot up nearly any other game, and they look FANTASTIC. Galcon. Osmos. End Night. All small teams.

Last edited by sakinnuso; 04-16-2012 at 09:46 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakinnuso View Post
The bugs were annoying, but to their credit, they moved on them pretty quickly. I didn't expect the rotation bug or the crash bug to last longer than a few days because if the game is unplayable, they lose sales. It's a major inconvenience, especially when you shell out on the higher end of iOS game prices, but I kind of expect those complications from super small teams.
Has the bug fix out or is there an ETA? Still on fence even after playing the Mac demo.