App description: 'App of the Day' : EuroGamer

148Apps: "4/5 - Ski Solitaire has come along at the perfect time to reinvigorate the solitaire loving part of my mind."

Enjoy Golf Solitaire or Tri Peaks Solitaire? Then you'll love Ski Solitaire for the iPad, an exciting and addictive card game with course hazards, unpredictable weather, a ski shop, and a 100 handcrafted levels that will keep you playing for hours and hours.

5/5 "... takes the ultimate classic card game and turns it into something really special" - theiPhoneAppReview.com

AppGemeinde.de: "5/6 - Ski Solitaire finally takes the classic card game in a new and refreshing direction."

Ski Solitaire is probably the most entertaining version of solitaire that Ive played so far - TouchArcade forum user

From forest covered valleys to the ice-capped mountains, players will have to use their wits to complete the course objectives. Clear the screen of cards to earn money whilst using the special gate cards to extend your streaks and reach the highest multipliers. Purchase powerups (such as ski goggles, gloves and even underpants!) in the Ski Shop using the in-game virtual currency to help you on the way to becoming the Ski Solitaire World Champion.

Features include:

Bright, colourful and humorous art design
Six quirky characters to choose from
100 Challenging levels in 10 unique locations
Overcome Forest and Ice Hazards cards with strategic game play
Unpredictable weather forecasts
Purchase power-ups from the ski shop
Game Center achievements and leaderboards - perfect for bragging rights!
Suitable for all ages
Free of charge updates planned for the future

STAY UP TO DATE:
Follow Ski Solitaire on Twitter @GreenflyStudios

For more information or support, please visit www.greenflystudios.com

GreenflyStudios's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ski-solitaire/id514029474?ls=1&mt=8

Visit the Official Web Site:
------------------
http://www.skisolitaire.com

View the trailer and learn more!
------------------

Device Requirements
* Compatible with iPad(TM)
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 65 MB

Pricing and Availability
Ski Solitaire is priced at 1.99/$2.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category.

For further information and for review copies, please contact:

Stephen Morris
+44 (0) 7855 378833
Greenfly Studios Ltd
press@greenflystudios.com

Follow us on Twitter @GreenflyStudios to keep up to date on all of our games!
04-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenflyStudios View Post
Interesting - how do we include those snazzy iTunes-esqe descriptions/screenshots/ratings box within our post?
You use the appinfo tag. To see, just find another thread where there is a message with the snazzy description, and use Quote to view that message and check out how the tag is implemented.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
You use the appinfo tag. To see, just find another thread where there is a message with the snazzy description, and use Quote to view that message and check out how the tag is implemented.
Many thanks - initial post is now updated with extra snazziness.

04-13-2012, 12:10 AM
maybe

Solitaire is always a good way to kill time. Graphics look nice, considering downloading it.
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Ski Solitaire receives 4/5 stars from 148Apps

Ski Solitaire is gathering even more review love today: a solid 4/5 stars from 148Apps

Quote:
Ski Solitaire has come along at the perfect time to reinvigorate the solitaire loving part of my mind.
Read more: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/ski-solitaire-review/

Come on TA Staff, it's a good game!
04-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I've played the free version. Very similar to fairway solitaire in gameplay. I'm not so fond of the cutsy pictures on the cards, but the game play is good. I may actually have to buy the full version. It also does not crash like fairway solitaire.
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Bought it last night. Great game. Hoping for more levels though.
04-15-2012, 01:00 PM
@Dazzlemi: Glad you like the gameplay! We spent a long time testing the game so it wouldn't crash If you purchase the full version via IAP, it means you won't lose your progress.

@tabs Thanks for supporting us! Glad to see you liked it
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Its been a great couple of days recently with Ski Solitaire AND Ski Solitaire Lite both appearing in the 'New' and 'What's Hot' categories:

Last edited by GreenflyStudios; 04-16-2012 at 04:40 PM.
05-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Greenfly Studios! I just picked up Ski Solitaire thanks to the #BecauseWeMay sale and am having a blast!

One comment, I finished the first round and had a bunch of cash (the sweet smell of victory! ), so I went to the store and spent it all! Then I found I needed cash to enter the next event (the agony of defeat! ). Maybe you could warn the player in this case? E.g. if you buy this diamond-studded toothpick you won't have enough to start the next event. Anyway, now I know...

Also, any plans/possibility for a retina update? I'm getting spoiled on my iPad3 I know