Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
What's your GC ID Eev? European leaderboards are clearly empty... Not that I'd pose any real threat given my hum... lack of talent...
gc is Temka and i would not say leaderboards are empty, there are more than 3k users for H and 16k for overall score.

Last edited by eev; 03-04-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
This game is absolutely sick.
Imagine if Darius and Einhander did the naughty...
This is definitely the result!!!

Probably one of the best Taito games I've ever played.
On iPhone 4, butter smooth gameplay and animation.
Plays as a 2D scroller, but everything is in 3D all around you.
The music is stellar and power-ups carry over if you die.

A bit pricey, but if you loved Einhander or Darius, don't hesitate.
Definitely a console quality game for $10.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
This is one of the best horizontal shmups of all time, no doubt... but now I'm just hungry for more!

R-Type Delta, R-Type Final, Super R-Type III, G-Darius, Einhander... we need these!
There have been some of my favorite shooters ever mentioned throughout this thread. Delta and Final are absolutely fantastic. G-Darius, if I haven't already said it enough, is just beyond words amazing. And Einhander is a game that often gets overlooked, but is excellent. We also can't forget Pulstar for the Neo-Geo, which is another underrated masterpiece. There is nothing quite so beautiful as a slow paced, finely crafted horizontal shooter.

If I could get updated versions of these titles on my 4S, I would consider cutting off my pinky toe

I don't have too much money to spend on the AppStore currently and have been DYING for Dariusburst to go on sale. There is no other title I want more.

I do have a question... The graphics obviously look amazing, but are they Retina? I'm not trying to sound stupid because I am assuming they are, but I was just curious.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I hate to be a dick and keep resurrecting this thread, but does anyone know if this game is Retina?

Thank you, Drive Thru.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I hate to be a dick and keep resurrecting this thread, but does anyone know if this game is Retina?

Thank you, Drive Thru.
It's not. But it still looks good on a 4S.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's not. But it still looks good on a 4S.
Well, why is it that some new games are coming out being Retina ready and others are not? Especially from a company like Taito, you would think it would be. I have a 4S and leaning towards games that are Retina more and more. It's just too good. But I will say these graphics look good even without it.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Well, why is it that some new games are coming out being Retina ready and others are not? Especially from a company like Taito, you would think it would be. I have a 4S and leaning towards games that are Retina more and more. It's just too good. But I will say these graphics look good even without it.
It's a port of a PSP game, in a niche genre. Taito kept their investment low so they could turn a profit -- that pretty much sums it up. As I said, the game doesn't suffer much for not being retina.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's a port of a PSP game, in a niche genre. Taito kept their investment low so they could turn a profit -- that pretty much sums it up. As I said, the game doesn't suffer much for not being retina.
Thanks for the quick responses! I was thinking to myself after my last post (before you responded) that since it was a port it was not going to be retina. I am also assuming that it costs a lot of money to 'convert' a title from non-retina to retina. I'm relatively new to iPhone gaming (about a year now) and I'm learning as I go.

I think the issue is that I'm spoiled by the games that are retina ready. However, some games are retina (Reckless Racing 1) that I could have sworn was NOT retina, so I guess it comes down to more than just retina for a game to look good.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Taito, Taito, we need a sale, Taito, Taito, we need a sale, For us poor iOS gamers, please don't fail! Taito, Taito, we need a sale
Old 05-06-2012, 11:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

What is it with all this gimme a sale talk today? That's like the 5th post with someone saying a game either needs to drop in price or go free...

No offense... Sorry if it came off like that...

But you gotta have some respect for a company that hasn't had a sale in a while when dealing with the AppStore...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
What is it with all this gimme a sale talk today? That's like the 5th post with someone saying a game either needs to drop in price or go free...

No offense... Sorry if it came off like that...

But you gotta have some respect for a company that hasn't had a sale in a while when dealing with the AppStore...
Oh, I totally respect the companies that put out a game and don't drop the price right off the bat. And I KNOW that Dariusburst is worth the asking price, even though I haven't played it yet.

I just have no extra money and want this game BADLY I was hoping maybe I could get Taito to be the great company they are and maybe slice a dollar or two off

Last edited by SumoSplash; 05-07-2012 at 05:24 PM..