Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novery View Post
Republique is not vaporware. In fact, I'd be willing to fly out to wherever you are, show you the game and have you play it on an iPhone or iPad. I think you'll like it!
Why waste the Money?

Release a footage of someone playing it on a New iPad, put it up on your YouTube Channel, post the Link on Kickstarter and announce that you Guys are releasing a Android/PC Version too and you should have the 500.000 in less then a few Days.

I still don`t understand why you are limiting yourself to only the iOS Platform at the current Point when this Title is clearly a Multi-Platform One.

Besides that:

Who is the other Investor who is willing to pay those other $500.000? Microsoft? SCEA? Nintendo? Google?

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-15-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrby View Post
I love how against this project you are hodapp yet you splooge all over the same awful games GameLoft continues to shit out.

Keep continuing to sell out, wouldn't expect anything less from this site anymore.
You didn`t understand it at all. He isn`t against the the Developer itself. He and the other Boys have mentioned it already enough Times on the Website, on the last Podcast and like a Million Times on the Forum itself why they did stop supporting Kickstarter.

The Best would be if you listening to the last Podcast then you will hopefully understand that it has nothing to do with Camouflaj Studios or with Ryan Payton.

Sidenote:

Keep that shitty Gameloft Talk out of this Topic. It has absolutely no Connection to this Topic at any Point.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:51 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
He and the other Boys have mentioned it already enough Times on the Website, on the last Podcast and like a Million Times on the Forum itself why they did stop supporting Kickstarter.

So what's the reason? I totally understand the risk after asking some questions but it sounds like Eli actually had a personal problem with site beyond philosophical differences. Not judgin' or nuthin....
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Release a footage of someone playing it on a New iPad, put it up on your YouTube Channel, post the Link on Kickstarter and announce that you Guys are releasing a Android/PC Version too and you should have the 500.000 in less then a few Days. I still don`t understand why you are limiting yourself to only the iOS Platform at the current Point when this Title is clearly a Multi-Platform One.
We're working on a number of things you have suggested : ) The PC version, however, is not something we're going to announce during this campaign. We love that people want the game on PC though! Seeing that response has put smiles on our faces.

I think the challenge for us that we realized that Republique's gameplay and story is so intrinsically tied to portable, touch-based devices that we would be doing gamers a disservice if we just straight-up ported the game to PC. Republique is not a dual-analog game, it's not mouse-and-keyboard, it's not point-and-click...

With that said, we desperately want to make a PC/Mac version down the road, and we know that will require a lot of work because we believe strongly in making the right game for the right platform. So first priority is making this the best game you've ever played on iOS and not bifurcating our focus.

Quote:
Who is the other Investor who is willing to pay those other $500.000? Microsoft? SCEA? Nintendo? Google?
Haha, no secret investor or anything. We've just been lucky enough to have been introduced to a number of private investors in the Seattle area who have offered to pony up the 2nd half of the funding if we secure the first. Us securing money through Kickstarter is a very powerful message to investors because it validates your game vision.

We're living in a very interesting world...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Graphically it looks pretty incredible but ..

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,860/

eXperience 112 shares the same concept/game play and once the novelty wore off it became a real chore to struggle to the end.

This looks much more fast paced though.. it will probably be a great experience playing it on my iPad2.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is this going to be a traditional stealth based game? Ie is it entirely trial and error based like Splinter Cell?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
You didn`t understand it at all. He isn`t against the the Developer itself. He and the other Boys have mentioned it already enough Times on the Website, on the last Podcast and like a Million Times on the Forum itself why they did stop supporting Kickstarter.

The Best would be if you listening to the last Podcast then you will hopefully understand that it has nothing to do with Camouflaj Studios or with Ryan Payton.

Sidenote:

Keep that shitty Gameloft Talk out of this Topic. It has absolutely no Connection to this Topic at any Point.
From Hodapp:

"The dude who is trying to soak up half a million dollars for Republique now wants to fly to Chicago to prove the project isn't vaporware.
I'm not sure what that proves other than this $500k would be hilariously mismanaged if they have the budget for things like that."

Yeah he totally has nothing against the project...

The Gameloft talk stays because it puts his priorities into perspective, this site is a joke.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

What was the last Gameloft game we even posted about on any level higher than including their games in our Wednesday night release roundup?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This game looks very ambitious. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Good luck bro. GOOD LUCK!

Closed Thread