Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuism View Post
Yep there is amazing variety in the field right now. There is fast rush in almost every major color/skill (militants, official, thieves, nobles, discard agents) counter and discard are just halves to some decks, there are site decks coming out of the woodworks - big ones, small ones, combo ones, femme Fatale is too slow to win generally but super fun, my black green control is my strongest deck right now after dio's hulk deck invented a few months back and tweaked for today...

And the best thing is they can all win, unless matched up against their natural predator or has a bad hand. The balance right now is something mtg never had achieved without 10 sets and a hundred banned cards.

I could go on forever but I'm gonna stop, cos if you still think counter or discard is all ppl are playing you haven't really been playing online versus matches
I didn't say it's all they are playing, but instead that I can't stand discard. Far to easy to lock someone down. I've played since day one, and your fan boyism has grown in leaps and bounds since then good sir. I'm glad you have a game you enjoy, but MTG is a FAR superior product and shouldn't even be compared to this as it's almost apples and oranges.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I give up. Too many ^#}<%# discard decks out there today.

I'm going to build my own for the sole purpose of pissing other players off. Hopefully discard is nerfed soon.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Discard is strong but its not the strongest out there right now. Yesterday I played at least 10+ games and I think I've lost to 1 discard. I've been playing scholar/media copy deck.

I've played magic, and yeah it's nice for something with like 13 years of history. And if you like buying boosters for the rest of your life it's a great game. It certainly is apples and oranges, and I prefer apples, you prefer oranges. Maybe I should call you a fanboy too? But that would be immature and pretty pointless.

Talk about the issue, not name-calling, please. Thank you.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

It's not about discard being strong. I just hate playing against it.
I'd rather loose to any other deck than win against discard.

I want discard nerfed so it's distinctly the weakest play style.
That way maybe no one will use it.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Did the auction house overload ubisoft's servers? After 2-3 weeks without requiring a login I've attempted to connect to ubisoft over 10 times in the past day.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi, please check our forum for updates relating to that. There is a lot of info about that already.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Check carefully the leaderboard, clearly someone did an exploit in highscoring the game... Apart from my poor consideration about the Leaderboard for ACR (need an ELO-like system, for example it's quite weird to play 10/12 games daily winning at least 10/11 and stay far away even from top 20 only because top players are playing thousands of games each day... Or very likely cheating.), this means the game has still some heavy flaws needed to be fixed.

Not that I "need" to stay high on leaderboard (I play too few games, winning ratio probably doesn't matter for developers...), but I know many ACR fans that will be very disappointed when discovering there are various people cheating without any control/ban method. That's my fan 2c opinion, by the way...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post
Check carefully the leaderboard, clearly someone did an exploit in highscoring the game... Apart from my poor consideration about the Leaderboard for ACR (need an ELO-like system, for example it's quite weird to play 10/12 games daily winning at least 10/11 and stay far away even from top 20 only because top players are playing thousands of games each day... Or very likely cheating.), this means the game has still some heavy flaws needed to be fixed.
This is a flaw in Apple's leadboard, there is nothing we can do, except we won't use it anymore when we will have our own leaderboard system running.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post

Not that I "need" to stay high on leaderboard (I play too few games, winning ratio probably doesn't matter for developers...), but I know many ACR fans that will be very disappointed when discovering there are various people cheating without any control/ban method. That's my fan 2c opinion, by the way...
I'm currently bouncing between 7th and 10th overall. While the top spot is clearly hacked the others are legit. It doesn't take 1000's of games per day, more like 20. Running the ultimate rush deck helps.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Winning 20 games give you 1000 (or 2000, if ACR gives 100 instead of 50 points for a win, since I noticed for each 20 wins I receive 2000 points on leaderboard) points, just checking the leaderboard (I'm not looking at first 20 places - repeated, mostly cheaters or people who have really way too much free time...!) it's clear to see that you need way more than "more like 20 wins" even to climb some position. I'm playing ACR since day one with really few stops, play mostly from 10/12/15 to sometime (weekends, sundays, holidays) the huge amount of 25/30 games. My winning ratio (I think it's quite good) is always something like "each 10 wins, no more than 1 loss", I perfectly remember not have lost more than 4 games in a single day. I have something around 80k-ish ponts.

Since I've asked for an ELO-based rating system I stopped to hope to be among top players (I play all types of deck, mostly rush or control types, certain days I play tourney-type decks - really fast, no more than 2/3 minutes to win a match), after all developers already told me that they cannot do nothing about Gamecenter problems (and with that statement come my apologies to them, I was in bad error because I said this was an ACR problem... Sorry!).

Doing some math is quite easy... Some position in leaderboard have distances like 5k points or more... For one placement up in a single day you may need (example) so to win AT LEAST 50 games, assuming you spend no more than 2 minutes for a game... You need tons of free time. And I've noticed certain people to jump up with 15k points, I remember that Hamza that initially went up in ladder by something like 35/45k points a day. Gosh...

Hope Ubisoft will remove their Gamecenter stuff and put definitely their own (server-based? Thinking about matchmaking for tournaments also...!) ELO-based ranking. This game, no way to say different thing, is clearly a very intriguing and enjoyable experience.