Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@popblanks, armoko, Zylch: Grats to you guys!

@Rokrdude, burn: It's taking every ounce of self-restraint I have to not open the enormous box and build it ;-)
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

How do you do that Survive until Sunrise on Day 2 without incuring any red cross? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
How do you do that Survive until Sunrise on Day 2 without incuring any red cross? Thanks.
What usually gets you there is a rival pirate ship. If you can manage the merchant ships ok, then that's a good start. You have to make the rival pirates top priority at the expense of pretty much all else. You've got a few panic buttons at your disposal if a rival pirate looks like it's about to shoot - these are voodoo spells that will buy you time almost instantly:

1. Ghost Ship: You can't get a red cross while aboard this.

2. Whirlpool: This tends to pick most ships up in one go, preventing the rival pirate from sinking a merchant ship.

3. Hand of Davy: Davy tends to go for rival pirates and navy ships before merchant ships, so he can solve a rival pirate problem fast.

Other tips:

i. Don't waste spells and munitions when you've got things under control.

ii. Don't wait until it's too late to place munitions. They have some setup time, so use them preemptively.

iii. Navy Colors will free your movement up because you won't be getting shot at by the town or navy ships or merchant ships. It's hard to react quickly to rival pirates when you're slowed.

iv. A Trawling Net, Brandy Slick or Powder Keg cluster in front of the town can give you a nice reprieve from navy ships.

v. Try to keep a good position near the center of the screen so that no matter where the rival pirate enters from, you have a medium length shot with minimal flight time.

vi. A Venom Shot pickup can really help for this one.

vii. Take advantage of the calmer moments that spells like Hand of Davy and Tornado Storm afford you so you can set up munitions safely.

And any other advice folks might have.

Last edited by CheekyMammoth; 04-17-2012 at 12:20 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Try to start your bonus streak (after hitting consecutive ships w/o missing) before using the voodoo spells or the venom shot. I found this strategy really helpful to rack up lots of points, especially for the Whirpool, Hand of Davy, and Tornados.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This contest looks wicked! I just got the game today, and am currently going for a high score. I hope I can get 2'500'000 *fingers crossed*
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

My score is so far 899,030- lite version
This contest is amazing... at least the game is fun too.

Last edited by grandfizzo3; 04-18-2012 at 07:31 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Welcome aboard and good luck, KevinS and grandfizzo3!

And it looks like armoko has shown Critical Dean who's boss on OpenFeint
Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Score: 3,350,050

Left a review as iPawn4 in the US Appstore.

Quote:
This is an addicting sea battle shooting game. The graphics is great. The sound effects are perfect. The controls are pretty easy. This great game offers endless ship sinking fun. You will be sinking ships using your cannon and also, you can use 8 voodoo spells to help you sink more ships to the bottom of the sea. You also pick-up and use 3 powerful power-ups to help you on your conquest to sink all those ships. If you want to become the best pirate king online, you will need to complete every objectives to permanently gain higher score multiplier. There are also a lot of achievements to collect to keep you playing for more. This is one of my favorite game for the iOS. A solid game for a cheap price. Highly recommended game.
NOTE: I guess I am on top of the food chain. Lol

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-18-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@iANiMeX It's like something clicked in your head and now you're unstoppable lol. Thanks for the review! I have updated all of your details and I will post a tally a little later on.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMammoth View Post
@iANiMeX It's like something clicked in your head and now you're unstoppable lol. Thanks for the review! I have updated all of your details and I will post a tally a little later on.
Lol. I noticed that armoko is leading on OpenFeint. I will not stop until I am the King. Lol

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-18-2012 at 05:13 AM..