04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyyoB View Post
Ok so here's the next bit of advice......keep grinding. It'll come. Eventually.
Yup, you were right. Just pulled a 3 slot Corruption of Dragon (Pochi's Ultimate) from the chest.

IGN: KD220
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I just picked up my second Unique, Anger of Elibird. My first one was a Wolf Warrior's Spirit. When I got Lamiere's swords, I had her as my main and when I picked up the two-handed, I had Pochi out. Is that just a coincidence (seeing as this is only my second drop) or is there any correlation between who you're using and what you find?

04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
I just picked up my second Unique, Anger of Elibird. My first one was a Wolf Warrior's Spirit. When I got Lamiere's swords, I had her as my main and when I picked up the two-handed, I had Pochi out. Is that just a coincidence (seeing as this is only my second drop) or is there any correlation between who you're using and what you find?
I wondered that too, and there was some speculation that who you're using effects what you get. But after playing a whole bunch, I don't think it has anything to do with it. On the other hand, I remember when I was using Ann a lot I got her ultimate and Heine's so I really don't know. I am leaning towards it not making a difference. That was just co-incidence.

Well, got to go somewhere for an hour, but when I get back it's straight grinding alelia podium for Park's Mark.

Must... get... Park's..... Mark!! I've been farming it for the better park of a month. Actually, way been trying all along. Pretty sure I hold the record for most attempts to get it of all people who've ever played Crimson Heart.

Oh, the hue manatee.

Crimson Heart IGN: tjad - Requesting help farming the last one! Grand Pudding's Poison (Rainy Ruin).
WOOT! Only one to go!

Last edited by GKAR; 04-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, that's about what I figured, but I thought I'd see whether anyone else had noticed that. Also, I read earlier that you don't believe Rare Item Drop% has anything to do with them. I couldn't vouch for that one way or another just because I don't really record any data, but I was wondering whether you think that's true for rare cards, too.
04-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis220 View Post
Yup, you were right. Just pulled a 3 slot Corruption of Dragon (Pochi's Ultimate) from the chest.
See? Told ya! And now you know unique farming 101. Grind until you wanna die then grind some more. Lol.

IGN is Drizzt24
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 410
I'm still grinding as we speak. No luck yet.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by GKAR View Post
I wondered that too, and there was some speculation that who you're using effects what you get. But after playing a whole bunch, I don't think it has anything to do with it. On the other hand, I remember when I was using Ann a lot I got her ultimate and Heine's so I really don't know. I am leaning towards it not making a difference. That was just co-incidence.

Well, got to go somewhere for an hour, but when I get back it's straight grinding alelia podium for Park's Mark.

Must... get... Park's..... Mark!! I've been farming it for the better park of a month. Actually, way been trying all along. Pretty sure I hold the record for most attempts to get it of all people who've ever played Crimson Heart.

Oh, the hue manatee.

CrimsonHeart Uniques: http://bit.ly/wG9rgA
CrimsonHeart Speed Runs: http://www.youtube.com/user/CHxSUGOI
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Yeah, that's about what I figured, but I thought I'd see whether anyone else had noticed that. Also, I read earlier that you don't believe Rare Item Drop% has anything to do with them. I couldn't vouch for that one way or another just because I don't really record any data, but I was wondering whether you think that's true for rare cards, too.

Short answer - it makes no difference whether you use rare item drop gear or rare dragon cards, they do not increase the frequency of Unique items dropped.

Longer answer:
This one I can answer. Myself, Nitou and SGCC1 did a lot of runs and tests, and if you look at some of my older posts (I'll try and find it) I did some hard-core statistical analysis on if rare item drop rate items affects unique's. I can say with confidence that they do not.
What Rare item drop rate items and rare dragon cards do affect is if the unique is a "S" item, as in Vigorous orc vs. Vigorous orcS.
They increase the amount of purple, blue and yellow items you get.

Lastly, it is called RARE item drop rate, not UNIQUE item drop rate.

Myself, Nitou and SGCC1 used to have all rare item drop gear maxed with rare dragon cards. It didn't increase the number of Unique's.

And, There was a post on a Korean board where a guy went all out and made curved graphs with powerpoint and Excel and showed that rare item drop gear has no effect on the frequency of Unique's dropped.

So, rare item drop rate gear and cards: no effect on uniques - great for getting purple gear and "S" gear, including unique "S" gear.

One caveat. When we were first getting the untimate weapons, they worked great for getting corruption of DragonS and other "S" class uniques. Since I've stopped using rare item drop cards, I've not once gotten an "S" class item. So if you're farming the ultimates and other important crucial gear, go with the rare item drop cards and gear for now. You'll want to have Golem's fightS over Golem's fight, Grim Reaper's ExtinctionS over Grim Reaper's Extinction, etc.

The only way to increase the number of unique's is the network dungeon. The game designer's wanted it that way. Besides, all the rare item gear is not that high level. If they did allow for more unique drop's, they all be level 99 and very rare themselves.

Crimson Heart IGN: tjad - Requesting help farming the last one! Grand Pudding's Poison (Rainy Ruin).
WOOT! Only one to go!

Last edited by GKAR; 04-18-2012 at 07:57 PM.
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Err silly question how do I check my ign for crimson heart?
Thanx in advance for any help given to a newb
Nvm found it

Ign : Trixled

Last edited by Trixle; 04-18-2012 at 08:31 PM.
04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyyoB View Post
See? Told ya! And now you know unique farming 101. Grind until you wanna die then grind some more. Lol.
Thx bro! Now I just pulled another CoD but this one has 4 slots (last one 3).

Special shout-out to GKAR for all the awesome help throughout my time playing this game.

IGN: KD220
04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Got zombies spirit for unique achievement trade!

IGN is Drizzt24