Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
What others by them should I check out besides Radiant? Is Evac any good?
Evac is an awesome game, which I need to get back to because it gets pretty dang hard. It's like Pac-Man with a quirky story and lots of different things going on (traps, pushing blocks to crush enemies, etc.). Definately worth picking up, especially if you like Pac-Man style games.

Haven't tried the others except Radiant, my favorite Space Invaders type homage.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

loved Robotek, so im picking this up and considering buying the iap... gonna have to pick up Radiant too
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well, first impressions -- nice looking, fun TD if nothing that original. Surprisingly difficult IMO. Even the tutorial levels aren't that easy with limited amounts of cash to buy/upgrade towers.

I'd probably opt for an IAP, but it sounds like they're different sets of towers. Not necessarily anything that would give you an "edge" in gameplay especially dependent of their in-game cost to build them. Perhaps more powerful, but again, if they cost more to build....well, you get the point.

Love the graphical style and overall feel of the game. Just not as in love with it as Radiant and Evac first took me.

Definately will play it some more though.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Well, first impressions -- nice looking, fun TD if nothing that original. Surprisingly difficult IMO. Even the tutorial levels aren't that easy with limited amounts of cash to buy/upgrade towers.

I'd probably opt for an IAP, but it sounds like they're different sets of towers. Not necessarily anything that would give you an "edge" in gameplay especially dependent of their in-game cost to build them. Perhaps more powerful, but again, if they cost more to build....well, you get the point.

Love the graphical style and overall feel of the game. Just not as in love with it as Radiant and Evac first took me.

Definately will play it some more though.
i foudn the tutorial way too easy... first mission was ok...

Second Mission.... let's just say that i find Wave 11 impossible ._. (100 tank type mobs)

and yes there are 4 sets of Tower Iaps, for 99 cents each... Science Pack seems useless unless you buy the Biowhatever Pack which gives a tower that doubles amount of money earned in an kill area... and Wave 11 on Mission 2 seems that without the Spotlights(from the Flamer Pack) it's a bitch to play... so imo that's 3 necessary tower packs...

and the Science pack gives the buzz saw traps which i imagine are very useful... the Science Pack cannon costs $500 and that seems like a shitload of money to save up, again making the Bio Pack much more desirable...

And from the Explosive pack, the Seraphim Missles which coast $120 and seem very useful... Target Seeking missiles with near infinite range(range thing is quoted from the game)... There's also proximity mines which i guess would cause a lot of damage

The Flamthrower and the Seraphim Missiles (From 2 different packs) seem to be vital imo since the Flame can wipe out shields and the lasers are too damn stupid and weak to be reliable(stupid cuz they don't have target priority on shields and won't stop shooting until mob is dead, so if 100 shields charge, u'll disable just 1, untill that mobs is dead)

And tesla coil is too slow and the mix of it's price with it's range doesn't really make it that useful when you need quick shield removal.

the Poison turret while useful, also brain damaged and doesn't target the first mob... it targets w/e it wants...

i bet that with some control over the turret AI (like making turrets shoot what you want them to shoot, or set priorities like High HP, lowest HP, First or last mob within range, Shields or Armored, this game would be a lot better)

maybe i just picky or w/e but these AI changes would make this game much more awesome(imo)

and as of Mission 2 at Wave 11(out of 12), i found the need to get some iAP towers... Cuz the standard cannons are too slow to be useful, and they miss a lot unless you position them at the start of the map, wasting a lot of range potential.

Last edited by Drexiel; 04-17-2012 at 11:45 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I guess I should try this game out myself but I don't like games that are super difficult early on. Probably the reason why it's free though..
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I guess I should try this game out myself but I don't like games that are super difficult early on. Probably the reason why it's free though..
just added some extra thoughts on my previous post, regarding the iap towers and what i think about the game

Note: I only played 2 missions and repeated Mission 2, 3 times, deciding to quit while on Wave 11
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
i foudn the tutorial way too easy... first mission was ok..
You must be a hell of a lot better at TDs than me. The first three waves of the tutorial were quite easy. But the fourth one was pretty challenging, took me like 10 tries to get past just because your start out with one tower and then by time you finally get a second one, you get an enemy killing you.

The fifth wave even with four towers seemed like another huge increase in difficulty with the amount of enemies coming at you.

I've played plenty of TDs and, while not a great strategist, never felt a tutorial was difficult until now.

But maybe I just needed to restart the whole tutorial chapter over....must be doing something wrong from the start.

EDIT: One reason I think I'm having a problem is that the AI of the towers seems pretty bad. Firing at enemies further away instead of those closest to the base.

Last edited by awp69; 04-17-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
You must be a hell of a lot better at TDs than me. The first three waves of the tutorial were quite easy. But the fourth one was pretty challenging, took me like 10 tries to get past just because your start out with one tower and then by time you finally get a second one, you get an enemy killing you.

The fifth wave even with four towers seemed like another huge increase in difficulty with the amount of enemies coming at you.

I've played plenty of TDs and, while not a great strategist, never felt a tutorial was difficult until now.

But maybe I just needed to restart the whole tutorial chapter over....must be doing something wrong from the start.

EDIT: One reason I think I'm having a problem is that the AI of the towers seems pretty bad. Firing at enemies further away instead of those closest to the base.
yeah the Tower AI blows.... read the post i made after ur First IMpressions post so you see some of the things i mentioned regarding AI...

as for the tutorial... i felt the game was on auto play or something... i only used like 4 towers... the tutorial at one point does give out a LOT of money... like 500-600, so that made it easy.

EDIT: Here's a pic on how i did the tutorial

Last edited by Drexiel; 04-18-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ok. I wish to go back in time and retract my earlier impressions. I was playing while watching TV and wasn't paying attention to the text boxes. Thinking that the tutorial was a simple straight line as an introduction and not realizing how you can change the path using the modules.

Yes, I do have a college degree. And yes, I feel like a total idiot.

Anyway, the tutorial was a breeze after I realize how to actually play the game.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Ok. I wish to go back in time and retract my earlier impressions. I was playing while watching TV and wasn't paying attention to the text boxes. Thinking that the tutorial was a simple straight line as an introduction and not realizing how you can change the path using the modules.

Yes, I do have a college degree. And yes, I feel like a total idiot.

Anyway, the tutorial was a breeze after I realize how to actually play the game.
LOL

ok so now, i managed to get a Perfect real easy on Mission 1... but once you get to mission 2, if you manage to beat the Wave 11 and then manage to beat Mission 2 on a Perfect, do share your tower positions =O

i think that wave alone is pushing me towards iap