Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Multiplayer gaming in MAME(s)?

I've been using MAME4iOS Reloaded 1.1 with only 1 WiiMote. I have another one that I wanted on hand in case my family members wanted to join me in multiplayer beat-em-ups. But I can't figure out how inputs from second (or third or fourth) controllers are read, since when I try to configure inputs in the overlaid menus, there is no response. I did confirm that both WiiMotes were connected; I observed LED 1 lit on the first and LED 2 lit on the second.

BTW I've been using MAMEUI and/or MAME32 and/or MAMEPlus and/or MAMEFX on PC for about a decade, with various controllers including Saitek P3200 and X-Arcade Dual, so I have some idea of expected behavior...
Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo2000 View Post
I've been using MAME4iOS Reloaded 1.1 with only 1 WiiMote. I have another one that I wanted on hand in case my family members wanted to join me in multiplayer beat-em-ups. But I can't figure out how inputs from second (or third or fourth) controllers are read, since when I try to configure inputs in the overlaid menus, there is no response. I did confirm that both WiiMotes were connected; I observed LED 1 lit on the first and LED 2 lit on the second.

BTW I've been using MAMEUI and/or MAME32 and/or MAMEPlus and/or MAMEFX on PC for about a decade, with various controllers including Saitek P3200 and X-Arcade Dual, so I have some idea of expected behavior...
it is not yet implemented. expect in a near upgrade
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks, Seleuco. It would be a great comfort to me knowing that in the future, every button on each connected WiiMote has its own distinct input signal. And therefore, that two to four players will be able to cooperate with complete transparency...

I'm used to MAME-ing on PC, where of course if your handheld controller lacks buttons you can still map functions on your PC keyboard...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default release 1.2

I see that MAME4Android has been released in Version 1.2, with local multiplayer!! Hopefully the iOS counterpart will not be too long in coming. Keep up the good work, Seleuco.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo2000 View Post
I see that MAME4Android has been released in Version 1.2, with local multiplayer!! Hopefully the iOS counterpart will not be too long in coming. Keep up the good work, Seleuco.
It's nearly done. I'm a little busy now becose I want to publish a MIPS android build, when I finish I will update mame4ios.