Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2012, 10:37 PM
bram bram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 212
Default Little Crane World Editor

Title: 'Little Crane World Editor'
Companion app to: 'The little crane that could'.
Target release date: april 2012
Target release price: $2.99
Platform: Universal Binary iPhone/iPad (full retina support)

Little Crane World Editor is coming to the app store, and will enable you to make your own levels for the (free) hit game 'the little crane that could'.

Featuring a cell-based modelling method, the world editor makes creating levels for the little crane is as easy as playing with legos. Just connect up blocks with six degrees of freedom.

The world editor lets you store your level designs in the iCloud, so that you can design them and play them on any iOS device you own. Moreover, you can share your designs with friends via email.


Youtube link | Pop Up






Bram Stolk
Author of 'the little crane that could' hit game.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM
drelbs drelbs is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,935
Default

Totally cool, and makes me wish I had a mac to run it on.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM
bram bram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Totally cool, and makes me wish I had a mac to run it on.
Hah... don't be fooled by the large screen: the editor is actually running on an iPad. It can also run on iPhone :-)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 PM
AgieCan AgieCan is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default

This is a very cool application, thanks for making a world editor.

The thing that misses is the job that has to be done.
It would be much more better if we can make a mission in stead of just a map(world).

For sample: if you get a ball through the basket the game ends or if you get on one the (black white) floor the game ends etc.
So if we can choose at which action the game actually will end that will make this app much more better.
Just an idea for future updates.

(if I've written down something wrong, sorry ( I'm not perfect in Englisch )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Gourlaykid Gourlaykid is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgieCan View Post
This is a very cool application, thanks for making a world editor.

The thing that misses is the job that has to be done.
It would be much more better if we can make a mission in stead of just a map(world).

For sample: if you get a ball through the basket the game ends or if you get on one the (black white) floor the game ends etc.
So if we can choose at which action the game actually will end that will make this app much more better.
Just an idea for future updates.

(if I've written down something wrong, sorry ( I'm not perfect in Englisch )
You can make missions if you put down the black and white checkered board when the vehicle touches it the game finishes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
AgieCan AgieCan is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourlaykid View Post
You can make missions if you put down the black and white checkered board when the vehicle touches it the game finishes
With the black white floor i ment checkered board. I mean making missions like the missions we already got. Like making a road.

And it would be much better if you dont have to have a face to set a box on the map. Sample: you cant make 2 towers without adding a floor to create a face.
Just an inspiration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
bram bram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgieCan View Post
And it would be much better if you dont have to have a face to set a box on the map. Sample: you cant make 2 towers without adding a floor to create a face.
Just an inspiration.
If I want to make two towers standing on the plane, I simply add some temporary blocks between them, and delete them after building the towers.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Gourlaykid Gourlaykid is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Default Move

Can you add a move in so you can move lots of bricks at one time and also could you add in a T way juntion for the road with the line down the middle and then possibly a + junction after

Last edited by Gourlaykid; 04-21-2012 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:12 PM
bram bram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourlaykid View Post
Can you add a move in so you can move lots of bricks at one time and also could you add in a T way juntion for the road with the line down the middle and then possibly a + junction after
Thank you for the feedback. I will consider the move functionality, but before I can do that, the selection mechanism would need improving. Selection is very crude at the moment.

I have added the T junction. It will be part of the next release, which is soon. V1.1 will also fix a launch-crash for people that have local-designs only and no icloud stored designs. Lastly, the 1024 block limit will be doubled so that you can make larger worlds.



Bram
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Gourlaykid Gourlaykid is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks that will make my roads look a little less weird. Also would you be able to update the 'Game' App so it can open the .cranelevel files

p.s. do you know when this update will come out

Last edited by Gourlaykid; 04-21-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent