★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
How is Total Carnage? That one might work well if they used some sensible dual stick controls. It might be worth the IAP if that one works well.
I thought Total Carnage was one of the more playable ones.

They definitely did not put as much effort in control variation than Atari did (and even the Atari controls were hard to use until the first patch.)

My only advice is that you don't have to swipe/move the joysticks - you can just tap to the left/right/up/down. So far I've had the best luck with fixed sticks and tilt in the steering games. The little wheel is awful. Also - the driving games really, really, really need to have analog gas pedals. In APB you can tap-tap-tap, but Spy Hunter really gets hit hard with the bad steering and gas at the same time.

Another trivial thing is that the prizes suck - not that I mind what you get (except they're surprisingly low-poly/detail for something you're looking at close) its that it seems odd that they just appear when you get so many tickets, and it doesn't appear you 'spend' tickets on them (deducting from your total) like it works in real life. I'd love to have some of those animated wall art pieces for my home, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Arcade for iPad

I like this Midway Arcade, would love to see one from EXIDY, having Mouse Trap, Pepper II, and even Venture style Arcade games set up like in Midway. Must admit I am impressed how cheap and how nice it is on the iPad 1st gen.

iCADE for my iPAD, OH YAAAAA!

02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
more retro needed

needs Timber and Smash TV.....
04-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Anyone know when they're planning on adding more DLC?
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
Or if they are planning to?

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore
04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
Or if they are planning to?
I would love to know this as well. I would blindly pay for any games they add on in IAP. The current ones are fantastic...

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...
04-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Well great news is the latest versions added iCade support, brilliant stuff

But i hope they add more game packs soon. Its a great app, far better than the disappointing and overpriced Namco Arcade, but i hope they add more games to it soon
05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm still holding out hope that they'll add more games like Bubbles, Robotron 2084 and Smash TV. No one has heard any news, right?

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...
07-27-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm having problems downloading the Action pack. I bought the app a long time ago and the Gauntlet pack and have no problems with that...but I opened this app recently for the first time in a long time and thought, what the heck, I'll get the Action pack too. I paid for it and downloaded it, but it still says 'Unlock' on all the games. I keep re-downloading, and also restoring, but it never unlocks the 3 games! Any help?
07-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeong-Tae View Post
I'm having problems downloading the Action pack. I bought the app a long time ago and the Gauntlet pack and have no problems with that...but I opened this app recently for the first time in a long time and thought, what the heck, I'll get the Action pack too. I paid for it and downloaded it, but it still says 'Unlock' on all the games. I keep re-downloading, and also restoring, but it never unlocks the 3 games! Any help?
Same thing happens to me