★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ====================================
CRITICS EVERYWHERE LOVE KA-BLOOM! POCKET GAMER AWARDED AND UNIVERSALLY PRAISED

"...a puzzling experience the likes of which you won't find anywhere else on the App Store." (Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer)

"Psychedelic Star Flowers Never Looked So Good...a vivid puzzle game that is easy to grasp, but difficult to master. Youll need quick fingers to chain these gems together." (Daniel Douvris, App Advice)

"Ka-Bloom is elegant in its simplicity, but don't be fooled by its pretty appearance... it's a challenging puzzler ready to suck you in as well." (Andrew Nesvadba, AppSpy)

"After a pretty long time, the app store now has a puzzler that combines jaw dropping visuals and colorful graphics with some intriguing levels that are nothing short of brain teasers!" (App Croc)

"...What begins as a simple game blossoms into something intricate and complex..." (Simon Parkin, Hookshot Inc)
====================================

Ka-Bloom is a colourful, psychedelic physics-based puzzle game about eating, growing and blooming. Chain together tasty gems and feed the ever-hungry Floret, an infinitely cute flower-like creature that brings warmth and life to the cosmos.

Touch gems and draw chains with your finger to complete levels with the highest possible score.
Addictive combo system, hotlink multiple chains together to increase points.
Highly replayable, some levels can be finished simply but will take thought and strategy to earn all three stars
Spend your stars on upgrades and experiment to find the best approach for every level
56 levels provide a great deal of depth and variety with multiple different mechanics learnt along the way.
Game Center achievements. OpenFeint achievements and leaderboards.

Support: games.support@bbc.com

Echoseven's comments:

04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
A possible purchase depending on whether or not there is Game Center Integration. My openfeint has been broken for months. I sign in but achievements and high scores don't register.

200,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: DonnyDJ76
Let's go Yankees!

04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
This game is extremely complex and the tutorial doesn't help much. I am pretty used to playing puzzle games and even I am challenged by how the mechanics work. Does feel like something is hidden in this game though, just need to understand it.

Twitter: mikelorant
Game Center: mikelorant
04-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Come on, someone else has to purchase this! This is just one of those games I can't seem to grasp, it's driving me mad and hopefully someone else can see the logic in it.

Twitter: mikelorant
Game Center: mikelorant
04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Game Impressions

04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense View Post
Come on, someone else has to purchase this! This is just one of those games I can't seem to grasp, it's driving me mad and hopefully someone else can see the logic in it.
Hi Dense, I purchased it and just want to say right off the bat that I love this game! The tutorial gets you familiar with different aspects of game but it does not tell you everything at once, it took me till half way through galaxy 2 to start to completely grasp all the elements involved. I'd attempt to explain for you but I'm not eloquent enough. My best advice is to just play through each puzzle with your undivided attention, read everything on the screen, don't worry your time, or getting 3 stars at first. Eventually the games dynamics should unfold for you.

For anyone on the fence, this is a complex action puzzle that requires some strategy, quick fingers, and it gets challenging relatively early on to perfect each level. The game even has a slight rpg mechanic where you can use the stars you've earned to improve your abilities. I'm not good at writing reviews so I hope this helps!
04-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense View Post
Hi, I purchase this one and I don't think the game is that difficult to understand. I've currently only in the second galaxy but I've managed to finish the 1st galaxy with 3 stars in one go.

The main point of the game is :
1. You link the chain (more chains and objects to link can be upgraded with the star shop)
2. You wake up the Floret and makes it eats all.

Each time you eat the blue food, the flower circle will grow. You ONLY CAN eat the one within the flower reach. So, you must think where to link and how to eat. Later in galaxy 2 there's hot linking where you can chain several chains.

The main challenge is to get all 3 stars in each level. I like this puzzle game. It's different and challenging. The price is right too!!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive