Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 AM

Default Ragnarök Violet (by Gravity Europe) [GB/FR][DE version coming soon]

Ragnarök Violet : the mobile version of the famous MMORPG finally comes to Europe

Paris, April 17th, 2012 – Ragnarök Violet, the first mobile adventure based on the famous online game is available on the AppStore as of today, in a fully English-localized version.

Ragnarök Violet is the iPhone version, as well as the first mobile game based on the world of the online role-playing game Ragnarök Online. This single-player action-RPG, utilizes some of the concepts which used to make the initial MMORPG so strong and original, while adding the quick, smart and dynamic gameplay of a mobile game.

In this brand new adventure, you portray Clide, a young swordsman who tries to join the Violet Knights order to follow in his dead father’s footsteps. But his fate is about to turn more dangerous than he expects it to be: the missions he will be entrusted with will lead him to unveil a dark and sinister plot against the world.

The game has already been praised by many critics worldwide after its different international releases, thanks to its incredibly deep content (about 400 hours estimated to get it 100% complete), as well as innovating gameplay systems (instant weapon swapping, monster taming, character customization, etc).

Fully translated in English (also available in French language), Ragnarök Violet is finally available, exclusively on the AppStore. A German-localized version will be released soon.

FEATURES:
- Fantastic and Rich Environments
- Playing in the familiar world of Ragnarök Online
- Costume System
- Expansive Quests
- Pet System
- Weapon Swap System

"It sounds a little bit like Heaven." - Kotaku
"Must have game if you like adventure games, if you like Ragnarök Online, or just want to play a good game with soul." - Appsmenow.com
"Ragnarök Violet does have a bit of nostalgic value due to how many people have played Ragnarök Online in the past." - Cheatmasters.com

For more information: [url]http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/violet[/url]

Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 AM

Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

no love for indonesia?
really want to play this..
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Welcome to TA, Gravity! While not my favourite genre, this does seem like one of the most polished KRPGs so far for iOS. And 400+ hours for completion might be a new App Store record

I'm tempted, and I'm thinking you can push me closer to a potentially fatal plunge : from Sanuku's video (as always, 100+ internetz to you, Sanuku. How Touch Arcade have NOT made you a sponsored, regularly recurring feature I will never understand), it seems the translation is reasonably competent. One of the biggest deterrents for my enjoyment of previous otherwise very polished KRPGs (Zenonia series, Wild Frontier) is the clumsy translations of narrative and dialogue, whether it be direct spelling errors and bad grammar, or just a language that never quite reaches natural and native levels. Would Ragnarok Violet happen to be translated by a native english speaker, perhaps even someone with direct experience of literary work?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

But, but, but... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ragnarok-violet/id450391604?mt=8 What about this one? Released in August. I've actually played it myself back then...
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wait, is this different from the one that NEO-CYON, Inc has on the US app store?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 AM

Hi everyone, and thank you for the warm welcome
A few answers to your questions:

@Ayjona: The translation was made by a company which is specialized in localizing video games. While I cannot tell you for sure there is no spelling errors, we have had the game tested and proofread by English native speakers and they didn't point out any problem with the translation.
However, should there be mistakes left, we'll probably have some regular updates to fix bugs and/or translations.

@LOLavi, visionwebs, nicoga3000: Actually, it is the same game, except that we have released a French-localized version and are working on a German-localized one. Our European version is Ł4 because of that, but most ingame store items are cheaper than in the US version.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 AM
iPhone 4

The free one dosen´t exist in the german store anymore ...
Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Im confused as well? wtf ....i will say that the S.S version was a great and fun KRPG....i loved it...for a whole 30 min!

but no seriously it was good, i just have tooo much on my plate with multiple handhelds..
Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
Wait, is this different from the one that NEO-CYON, Inc has on the US app store?
is this different from the one that NEO-CYON