Its sure that I'm gonna try this today.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Good God, this is 1 GB uncompressed. O_O
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well worth every single solitary mb that makes it up!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I show 478mb
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, I'm really disappointed in the game play of this one. It has great production values, but there's just not much game there! Wander a pathway, smash a rock, pull over a battery, open a door... repeat. It's not very challenging and so far I'm finding it pretty darned boring. Anyone else finding the experience improves as you get further, or am I looking at more of the same?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Wow, I'm really disappointed in the game play of this one. It has great production values, but there's just not much game there! Wander a pathway, smash a rock, pull over a battery, open a door... repeat. It's not very challenging and so far I'm finding it pretty darned boring. Anyone else finding the experience improves as you get further, or am I looking at more of the same?
It's pretty good writing and nice artwork wrapped around block puzzles...that is pretty much it.

I'm 14% in according to the in game stats....
Compared to earlier in the game I've gotten a few other fetch tasks which basically consist of looking for specific items in the rooms.

If if you are totally turned off by it atm, I'm not so sure it is going to radically surprise you at any point.
From what I can tell so far, at least.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I tried the Lite version and I found the controls to be awkward. The writing is clever, but I don't like the idea of moving the character around so much just to read the various jokes and the puzzles did not seem all that compelling. It does look to be a quality effort, so if someone is interest, give the Lite version a spin, but it is not for me.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

this game is really solid, well worth the asking price! also this game goes to 4.99 in a few days so get your copy now!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think this game is pretty good at getting increasingly more difficult so far, from the beginning to now at 10% I feel like I'm right on the verge of the game picking up. At first it was just get out of this place now it seems like I have multiple quests and things to do.

I think it's great for 1.99 but I don't think I'd pay 4.99 so get it now.... It's probly as good as you want it to be based on watching a video(was for me) just depends if ur interested in the genre..

Probly give it 5 stars now based on what I've played... I'm thinking it's gonna get alot better pretty soon.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I ended up playing some more yesterday and am now 25% done according to the in-game meter. I like how the world opens up with the various quests, and the way you don't have to do them in a specific order, and those, combined with a recalibration as to what I was expecting the game to be, kept me playing. Also, I think the puzzle design became more varied once I hit the Mayor's office.

But now I'm kind of bored again. As a straight puzzle game, I'd say MacGuffin's Curse is pretty good, but all the creativity in the surrounding storyline/quests/dialogue etc makes me wish they'd turned some of that on the puzzles themselves. The transformation mechanic is a great twist, but the game needs more variety than boxes, buttons and switches, especially over a hundred+ levels. Most puzzle games of this ilk seem to introduce new mechanics as you go along.

(Beat Sneak Bandit and Trainyard, for example, both of which I think have excellent puzzle design.)

Also, I really wish there was a full map with all the rooms so you can keep track of where you've been. The path through the various zones branches in places and I know I missed at least one set of rooms because of it.

Cheers.