Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Calorie Counter: Win $25 gift card + promo code giveaway

Win $25 gift card + promo code giveaway!

caloriecounter_plus_icon.png

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-plus-diets/id467334692?mt=8

Today's winners are Agas and kogaa555! Thanks to all of you folks, you rule!

Check out our new contest at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=132229

Last edited by Viaden; 04-26-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

8 more codes to go! Grab your chance to win a gift card
Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Reviewed as Alex L (aka Alex@NeXt) on US AppStore.

Quote:
Updated (Suggestions): The app has a nice UI. You can track all statics very clearly. l have some suggestions here:
1. At the beginning, the sign in or sign up page, currently we can make a new profile or download one from Dropbox. Is it possible to sign in previous account directly instead of Dropbox?
2. During the creation of profile, there're some display errors.
3. There can support more languages. Thus, more people can use this great app!
4. In Diary, there's a scroll function to see more. Can the upper part be fading in and out.
5. In Summary, can there be a function to save graphs to camera roll?
6. The twitter integration should support Twitter for iOS 5?
7. Can there be a limited time trail for the Pro version? If the Pro version is really worth buying, I think after trying, more people will buy it.
8. Retina display upadte should be added.

When you open the app, you can either sign up a new profile or use a profile from Dropbox. I create my own profile in the app. During the establish of profile, you must provide some of your personal information, such as your birthday, weight, height. After the registration, you can use all resources in the app now.

You can note your food eat, activities you make everyday. The build-in large database will provide you an amount of food categories or you can add your custom food. The app will calculate the calorie of food you have. You can view the consumed carolie comparing with the day goal you should have. The day goal calorie is got according to your body data you provide during the registration process.

You can also see many water glasses on the tab of food. It indicates the recommended daily amount of water you should drink. Take me as an example, I should have 14 glasses of water everyday. Below the water glasses, there's a table shows the amount of different integrants you have for the whole day's diet.

In the tab of activity, you can view how much calorie you have burnt. You can have a Pie picture to make a summary of your nutrient balance. All your activity can be posted on Facebook and Twitter. You can share them with your friends.

You can also upgrade to PRO version by subcription. There are 2 subscriptions available: $23.99 for 12 months or $3.99 for 1month. In the PRO version, you can complete list, view the recipes of delicious food, do activity planning, etc.

Calorie Counter Plus is a daily-necessary app! So pick it no, then you can track your body health and make happier life!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Updated my review as iPawn4 in the US Appstore.

Quote:
This app is very complete and very detailed. I can keep track of my calories with this easy to use app. I can even take photos of my self to compare after a few weeks or months to see if there will be something different or if I've reduced my wieght. There is also a magazine that will help you in any way on your diet. This is very profesionally made and well detailed. A must have for those who loves to keep track of their diet and such. For a very low price, this app is worth buying.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi could you guys send me a promo code?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Reviewed as danielfanu in the US store

Quote:
After trying the free version of this app I decide to buy the full version. I'm on diet lately and also want to keep my body healthy. After using it for a while, I realize that I can't live without it. Customizable diet and activity plans can be created easily. The food database is abundant as promised I can find all the food we eat everyday in the database. The changes to your body can be easily monitored by the summary graph from the Body tracker. It helps alot to keep our body health. Highly recommended.

Update my review after I used this app for sometime. It really helped me a lot to keep my body healthy. Now I'm trying to eat more healthy food and do more excise everyday. I don't want to sit all day at home or at work anymore.
Some suggestions:
1. Can I use one single account in all Viaden apps?
2. Can you provide iCloud support in addition to Dropbox? Although the Dropbox is already good enough for me to sync between my several devices.
3. It would be better if you could provide an option to duplicate foods I eat everyday with one click. I eat pretty much the same everyday.
4. It would be better if you could provide some notifications to notify me to do some exercises.
5. Retina support for new iPad please

Thank you for the awesome app. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Reviewed as Arutyun Mokoyan on US Store
Quote:
Great Calorie Counter app!
After using free version Calorie Counter app I decided to buy this one because the app is worth it! This is the best Calorie Counter app I've ever seen in the AppStore! Very nice interface and easy to use! Best app if you want to lose weight. You can also create your own goals for weight or achieve it step by step, monitoring your body parameters. There is huge food database. It's possible to add food to your database with Barcode Scanner if you not found it. There is also Calorie Counter Magazine where you can find articles and tips for health, nutrition and fitness or you can add to the database your own recipes. Very useful app! Definitely recommend this great app!
Some suggestions:
- Add more activities in database because it's not comprehensive. For example, it doesn't recognize inline skating as an activity and asks to identify the amount of calories burned.
- Add offer guidelines on healthy measurements or ratios in diary section
Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 AM

PM sent thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

reviewed as deadpuma in the US AppStore
Quote:
Pretty cool Calorie Counter app!
There are many dieting apps in AppStore but Calorie Counter Plus is more powerful than others. Excepting the main feature which is counting calories this app contains many features such as calorie counter magazine, tracks a variety of nutrients, including total protein, fats, cholesterol etc., allows you to create your own diet and activity plan, body tracker for registering the changes of your body parameters. Also this app has advanced statistics with great colorful graphics. Really great calorie counter app with so many useful functions! Try it!
Suggestion:
- add ability to share recipes on Social networks;
- add ability to sign in via Facebook or Twitter account.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Reviewed as MarcFizzy on US store with 5 stars:

Quote:
Your Delicious Calorie Counter

Viaden is known for the polished interface design and powerful functions of their apps. But Calorie Counter has taken it to another level. It looks as delicious as Delicious Library, and yet the app is packed with tons of features that will surprise you from time to time.

The UI looks extremely polished and sophisticated. It seems like every pixel fell as a tear from an angel. But good interface design is never only about prettiness. The designers knows exactly what they are doing. Since it's a universal app, it has to adapt itself to the screens of both iPhone and iPad. Of course, it does an amazing job. But more than just that, I am glad to find out the developers especially optimize the design for iPad. Whether it's for a horizontal or a vertical layout, the app always looks amazing!

The app is not just a beautiful app. It's useful and very easy to use as well. I leaned how to use this app in an instant. It's very self-explanatory, but that doesn't mean it lacks functionality. Calorie Counter has a huge database. So basically, all you have to do is add the food you ate, the app will finish all the tedious chores and boring calculating. You can easily tell your intake of calories, fat, protein, fiber, and so on. Besides, all the data can be visualized in form of graphs and it's clear to read your summary like this. The app also supports Dropbox sync. Now I can take down whatever food I eat immediately on my iPhone and read the detailed summary on my iPad at home.

Some suggestions I'd like to make:

1. iCloud, universal profile, and intergration

I hope an iCloud sync option will be available soon. I know this can be tricky. But it will not only make this this app a lot better, it will benefit all Viaden health apps. It's kind of frustrating that you have to set up profile everytime when you open a app from the same developer. I expect I can have a universal profile once and for all. For example, when I did yoga (following All-in Yoga), I can know how much calorie I burnt in Calorie Counter.

At this moment, the Dropbox sync can be done automatically. I think sync needs to be done automatically. It's more convenient for users. A universal profile can help better intertergrate all these health app together. Not only users who use more than one of these health app will be grateful for this, I think it will also help Viaden build its brand.

2. Barcode scanner for everyone

Although I prefer to type the name and search, barcode code might come in handy once in a while. For non-subscription users, they might need this feature as well. But typing the digits seems slow and old-fashioned. Since most apps offer barcode scanning for free, it seems unreasonable to charge people for such a basic feature.

3. Legibility And Readability

On iPad, most text is too small to read, such as "Cholesterol......" on the food screen. And I really don't like the idea of vertical text. Since the app can also track blood pressure, I recommended it to my father. But he quited using it only after a week. I asked him why and he told me the text was "tiny". Too bad, this could be very helpful for eldly people.

4. Automatic Diet Planning

Recently, I find a website called Swole.me. You tell it it how many calories you want to eat, over how many meals, and it’ll create a list of foods that’ll match the number of calories you want to eat, as well as have the proper balance of proteins, fats, and carbs. I hope Calorie Counter can implement a similar feature.

5. Reminders

When you are about to have you meals, Calorie Counter will show a notification in the notification center so that you won't forget to track your meals.

6. Progress bar and quote

Show a progress bar (like the one on iPhone version) on iPad. And I'd like to see a quote or a tip about how to keep healthy on the first screen.

7. Minor tweaks

I also have a suggestion about the gear icon next to the twitter icon on the food page. I think, first, the icon (which is supposed to add and rearrange the nutrients list) should sit on the right side of "Consumed Food" section; second the gear icon is very misleading. At first I thought it was for the setting of the whole app. I suggest to replace it will a plus icon (+).
Moreover, I hope the text "tap here to add food" can have a button background. The text is small and not prominent enough.
The charts in the Summary need more polishing. I hope they will look like those made with Keynote.

I highly recommend this app to every iDevice owners. After all, it is a top-notch app. App Store has named Calorie Counter the best of the iPad Health & Fitness category in App Store Rewind 2011, and I think you will be impressed by its design and function.

Hands down to the best calorie counter on App Store!
By the way, about the Swole.me website: http://web.appstorm.net/reviews/fitn...diet-planning/