Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Wow nice contest, thank you AppsAsia!
Here is what I've posted in the official thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujen View Post
Some tips!

Logging in
It's recommended to log in through Facebook if you plan to play on multiple devices. You can also just set up a username, but if you choose Facebook your data will be saved on the server for you to access on any of your devices.

Play often
Use all of the duel and action points whenever they are available, so that you can start regenerating more. You will get 1 duel and 1 action point every 5 minutes. The more often you play, the faster you will level up and the more gold you will gain.

Dueling
When dueling, do not fight against opponents that have no gold..pick the ones who have lots of gold for you to take. Also, fight opponents who are equal to or weaker than your own attack/defense skills. You don't want to take on somebody much better than you because it is more likely that you will lose. You can duel the same person multiple times. If you don't see a good matchup, you can go back and enter the duel screen again...then you will see some new opponents.

When you begin a duel, you will see targets and a red circle pops up around them - this is the current target that you are shooting at. Quickly tap your finger on the selected target to hear the gunshot. Note this doesn't really seem to improve your chance of winning, if your opponents has better stats you will still lose, but it is a fun little mini-game.

Social Club
Add friends through the social club, having allies will help you in your duels. You can add people you know on Facebook or random users. You may find that people you don't know have added you as a friend, but this will help you. You can also view your friend's stats and equipment if you wish.

Stats
When you level up, you get points to upgrade your stats - some good choices are AP (action points) if you want to be able to do more quests, and attack/defense if you want to do better in duels. If you have no points to spend, then this will be the "stats" tab. Here you can reinforce your equipment to improve it, repair it if it has lost durability (from failed reinforcements), or sell it if you no longer need it.

Equipment
Buy new equipment when you can, this will increase your stats, making you better in duels. It will also allow you to perform certain quests. For example, the "Test - Shoot a Bottle" quest requires that you purchase a glove. Remember to reinforce your equipment's stats if you have enough gold.

Map and Movement
Buy a horse if you want to travel in the map, this costs movement points but they replenish over time - 1 point every 5 minutes. More expensive horses give more movement points. As you level up, you'll want to travel to different cities to access different buildings, and to hunt down and duel high ranking "Wanted" players.

Businesses/Robberies
As a sheriff, you can purchase businesses to earn a steady income over time, but you must remember to log in and regularly collect your earnings. Different businesses have different income and collection times. Less expensive ones tend to give smaller income and require more frequent collection, more expensive businesses give higher income and require less frequent collection. As an outlaw, you can perform robberies.

Quests
Quests are one of the best ways of obtaining gold and leveling up. Some you may not be able to do until you have certain equipment. Pick one that gives good gold or xp and note how much AP each step requires. For example, "Sheriff License Acquired" is worth 100 gold/1 xp for 1 AP, while "Training for a New Sheriff" is 100 gold/5 xp for 2 AP. So repeat the "license" quest if you want gold, and the "training" quest if you want to level up faster. You can "master" the quest with one button, if you want to quickly finish it. Master all rookie quest to get access to the next level of quests.

Lotto
Another great way to get gold is to play the "lotto" game, where you get a multiplier bonus and try to match 3 cards. You can play this daily so definitely use your lotto cards. I quickly won about 330,000 gold early in the game with the lotto.

Gamble
You can also gamble against other players with a card game, this option is in the "refresh" menu (note to devs: my game crashed when I first tried this). You can lose gold doing this though.

Refresh
There's another option in the same menu that will restore your health but it costs gold. Health restores itself 1 point every 3 minutes, so use this only if you need more health to duel and you don't want to wait.

Events
There are also events you can participate in that may earn you a lot of gold. You can enroll once per event and the rewards look pretty good - all you have to do is sign up and hope you are successful. Be sure to log in often to check for new events to enroll in.

Strongbox
When you are done playing for a while, go to the "refresh" menu and deposit your gold in the strongbox so that other players cannot take it. There will be a commission that will take at least 14% of percent of your gold, but it is still better to deposit it than letting other players take it from you! (note: it's currently backwards - withdraw makes you deposit and vice versa)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the great contest!

Here's my tips I've posted in the official TA thread:

Quote:
Tips:

Survive

No matter you choose to be Sheriff or Outlaw, the ultimate goal is to be the MOST WANTED player in the rank.
So all you need to do is earn as much as possible money you can to equip yourself with the most powerful equipment and earn as much as possible EXP points you can to increase your attack/defense point. The more powerful you are the more chances you can win in Duel fight. You can get yourself rank up by win Fame point in duel fight.

Earn money

1. Quest
You can earn gold in quest.
Some quests require you to equip certain equipment, some require you to complete with 1 or more social friends.
You can only complete a quest when you fulfill all the requirements.

2. Business
You can invest money on buildings by collect taxes if you are a sherif. But it gonna take time, for hours maybe.
Also if you choose outlaw you can do robbery.

3. Lotto
Everyday you will get chance to play lotto. If you are lucky enough you can win gold by turning 3 same cards over.

4. Gamble
Gamble with other players will also earn gold for you.

Earn EXP

The only way to earn EXP is to do quest.

Get Equipment

You can buy equipment in store. Some equipments require you to reach certain level to buy. At the beginning a hat is well enough.
Your equipment can be checked in the Status tab.You can upgrade/repair your equipment in here too. But be ware that sometimes Reinforce could fail.

Level Up
Don't forget to use your upgrade points when you level up. You can increase your attribute points by spending upgrade points.
Attack/Defense points are the most important attributes to make you more powerful.

Duel
Fight others in a duel. If you win you will get more fame. More fame means higher rank. That's the goal.
Try travel to other places in the world map to find and fight higher rank players.
The duel system is interesting and familiar if you have played the famous console game God of War.

Attribute Points

1. Action Point
Quest will consume action points. One action point is recharged every 5 mins.
You can also restore action points by spending western points.

2. Move Point
Move point will be used when travel in the world map.

3. Duel point
One duel point is used for one duel. It will also be recharged every 5 mins.

4. Health Point
You could lose health in duel. It will be recharged every 3 mins. Also you can recharge it in Refresh tab.

5. Western Point
You can buy western points with real money in the point shop through IAP. I don't recommend to do it.
But you can make your in-game life easier by spending western points.
It can be used to recharge action points, move points, duel points and skill points.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Tip on how to level-up your RANK fast:

After gaining a level or at least having a full or plenty of "Duel" points, take on a "Duel" and use your "Duel" points until it's 0. Now, do the "Fast Level-up" (See my older post for tips on how to do this Fast Level-up trick) and gain another level to replenish your "Duel" points. Repeat this process until you reach the highest rank.

Tip on how to make Gold Fast:

You will need to unlock the "Crisis" Chapter in the "Quest" mode first to do this. There will be a "Quest" named "Identifying Herbs and Poisonous Weeds" in the "Crisis" Chapter. This "Identifying Herbs and Poisonous Weeds" cost 80 Action points but rewards you with 100 experience points and 50,000 Gold. Keep on taking this quest until you got 200 Action Points remaining with 500 or less experience remaining to the next level. Now, go to "Rookie" Chapter and play the "Drinking Time: Bottoms Up!" mission which only cost 10 Action Points but grants you 25 Experience Points and 1,000 Gold. Keep on taking this mission until you reach the next level. Now repeat the process again from the top to acquire millions of Gold. I've bought higher equipment with this process and now I got an ATK and DEF of 1,200+ each and I am now level 125 with the rank of Adventurer.

Tip on how to master each Quest Fast:

You will be needing the "Fast Level-up" trick to do this. First, choose a mission you wish to "Master". Take the mission. Then, you should always look for your remaining "Action" points after taking that mission. Always remember that you only need 10 "Action" points for a 25 experience or 100 "Action" points for a 250 experience to gain another level with the "Fast Level-up" trick. So be sure to stop taking the mission you wish to master when you see or think that your remaining "Action" Points is just right for you do the "Fast Level-Up" trick to gain a level. Example when your remaining Experience nedeed to gain another level is 250 and your remaining "Action" points is 100, stop the mission you want to master and do the "Fast Level-Up" trick first to gain a level and replenish your "Action" points. Repeat this process until you master each mission. This is the fastest and most effective way to "Master" all mission or quest in the entire game.

NOTE: Be sure to follow my advise on my previous Tips like Allocating "Skill Points" only on "Action Points" and buying a "Necklace" early in the game to gain a permanent 100 "Action" Points for the Fast Gold and Fast Master Quest trick above to work.

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-19-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

my tips can only be to buy the "necklace" as soon as possible and to log in using facebook if you plan on playing on multiple devices (iphone and ipad)
Old 04-19-2012, 08:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Here's mine:

-----------------------

After playing Bloody Western for a while, I came up with a few ideas that people may find helpful. Hopefully these tips will help everyone get an idea on how to play Bloody Western successfully.

Number One: Play the Class
While playing Bloody Western, you are competing against others constantly. In order to find success, stick with the class you'd prefer. If your goal is to make a load of money, I would recommend to pick the luxury class, do quests, and buy businesses. However, if you want to conquer the leaderboards and instill fear into every player's heart, I recommend sticking with the aggressive class and leveling up either your attacking abilities or defensive abilities. By sticking with one method of a playstyle, one can find great success.

Number Two: Stockpile
Another thing I'd reccomend would to stock up on weapons, armour, and other equipment. Without this gear, you may find yourself constantly slaughtered by your enemies in duels. But by buying protection, you can ensure yourself that there is little need to worry about other players constantly assaulting you wit duels. The higher your defensive capabilities, the less likely it is that someone will decide to attack you. However, if you believe you can make successful attacks on your opponents faster than they can attack you, I'd reccomend leveling up your attack skills. However you decide to play, it is best to gain large amounts of whatever you are seeking to excel in, whether defensive points, health, or businesses.

Number Three: Get Some Buddies
When playing Bloody Western, sometimes it can begin to get lonely. In order to prevent this, I'd reccomend hooking up with your Facebook friends or maybe even others playing the game. Not only will having friends play with you make the game more fun, it will also strengthen you from the threat of being pillaged by duels. If you're lucky, eventually you may be asked to join a clan or guild of people. Clans will allow you to associate with a great deal of people, while being protected from duels, and also being able to hang out with a group of people dedicated to the game. With many friends, you will find great success out in the West!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great game, awesome contest. Here's the tip I posted:
Quote:
Big tip: Don't duel people who are much higher in level than you. You'll get OWNED.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

HUGE BUG: I've played the game on my iPad2 and was Level 125 when I quit the game. Now, I've tried to play on my iPhone4 and was surprised that my Level went back to Level 54! I've tried to re-login, still my Level is 54. Wtf?!!

UPDATE: Problem Found!

The problem is the game saving. The game saves some data automatically in the iDevice. So if you quit the game with like for example you are Level 126, the game will save this progress on your iDevice and for some instance not on the game's Server. Opening or logging within the game using a "Facebook" account for the First Time doesn't have this problem since it still take the data or save files from the Game's Server. The problem is when you play again the Second Time as it only loads the data or save files stored in your iDevice and not from the Game's Server. So if you left a game with Level 50 on your iPhone4 and played the game again on an iPad2 like what I did and Level'ed-up to 126, when you quit the game on your iPad2 and want to continue playing on your iPhone4, it loads the old save file with Level 50 which was I think stored in the iPhone4. I tried to load again the game on my iPad2 and my Level on my iPad2 is back on Level 126. But every time I load the game on my iPhone4, it still show my old progress from where I last left on my iPhone4 which was 50. So I guess that explains it. Hope this will be fixed soon or at least make a Manual Back-Up and Restore button so we can manually back-up the game on the Game's Server and Load it successfully on another iDevice.

NOTE: This only happens on your second playthrough on another iDevice which means you need to play the game first on your iPad2, quit the game, Load the game on another iDevice and it will still load your current save or progress and continue playing, quit the game, play the game again on an iPad2, continue progress, when you load the game on the previous iDevice, the game will start on the Level you left it on that iDevice and not the present one.

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-19-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

It's better to use iCloud to sync all data.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Simple guide for first time player

Wait for a while for game to load for the first time.
Register via Facebook or non Facebook. Suggest to register via Facebook as it will save the game data.
Choose your position either Sheriff or Outlaw.

Sheriff - Luxurious (Excellent for collecting golds)
Righteous(Excellent for performing quests)
Violence(Excellent for combat ability)
Outlaw - Greed, Diligence, Devil

p/s Accidentally press next while choosing the sheriff while browsing the choices. How could I return to the main menu to choose either sheriff or outlaw?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Super Fast Level-Up and Gold Trick:

Requirements:
Quote:
A. You should have a good "Deco" (Decoration) equipped. "Deco" gives you 100+ Action Points permanently when equipped. Good "Deco" has higher Action Points received.

B. Be at Level 100+ and you must only use ALL your SKILL POINTS only on "Action" when allocating them.

C. (Optional) You must equip D or C Class equipment with bonus "Action" Points. Always check each equipment in the Store before buying one to see if it has a bonus.
1. You need to first unlock the "Chaos" Chapter in "Quest" mode to do this trick. Unlock "Chaos" Chapter by Mastering all quest on "Rookie", "The Way" and "Crisis".

2. Search for the Mission titled "Welcome Party for the New Member" in "Chaos" Chapter. This Mission cost 150 "Action" Points but rewards you with 200 EXP and 100,000 Gold.

3. Click "DO JOB" to accept this Mission until you got less than required "Action" Points left to take this Mission.

4. With the remaining "Action" Points, do the early "Fast Level-Up" trick which is taking the "Drinking Time - Bottoms Up!" Mission in "Rookie" Chapter. This Mission only cost 10 "Action" Points but rewards you with 25 EXP and 1,000 Gold. Keep doing this until you reach the next level.

5. After leveling-up, Repeat the process until you think you got enough Level and Gold.

This trick gave me 10 Levels and 4,000,000 Gold in less than 10 Minutes.

Have fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip Regarding Equipment:

When doing a "Quest", try to equip an equipment with a Bonus Action Points. Always check every equipment in the Store to see if there is a Bonus Action Points for that equipment. Always remember to check the required Level of Equipment in every Mission before buying an equipment with a Bonus Action Point. Doing this will increase you maximum "Action" Points.

Switch to equipment with higher ATK and DEF if you want to take on a "Duel" to boost your chance of winning.

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-20-2012 at 12:51 PM..